a.website = 'test@gmail.com'+i;
      a.Phone  = '9988712345'+i;
      insert a;
      accts.add(a);
    }
     Insert accts;

System.Debug(accts[0].Id);
System.Debug(accts[1].Id;

System.debug prints same account Id for for both the debug statements i.e. System.Debug(accts[0].Id) and System.Debug(accts[1].Id).
Why is this happening?  Am I making any mistakes?  

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Alok
  • December 22, 2014
Hi All,

I have created a contact lookup on poortunity page. I want to populate only those contacts associated with opportunity account.
I tried with related lookup filters. It works fine when I enter some contact name in the lookup field.
I want to populate the lookup with contacts associated with opportunity account when there is nothing entered in the lookup field.
Is there any workaround?
User-added image
Let me explain again. I want to populate contacts associated with opportunity account even when there is no value in Primary Client Contact.

Regards,
Alok
  • December 03, 2014
Hi All,

I want to display top 10 deals in a dashboard component but salesforce does not allow row limit for summary reports (allows row limit for tabular)
How can I apply row limit for a summary report.

Thanks,
Alok
  • September 30, 2014
Hi All,

I want to genertae a report which shows the numbner of logins by a active users in a month. How can this be achived?

Regards,
Alok
  • September 17, 2014
Hi,

I have a lookup field on my contact object which is a lookup on contacts only. I want to populate only those contacts which are related to the account of the that particular contact.

I tried filter but I cold not do it. How this can be achieved?
Any help would be appraciated.

Reagdrs,
Alok
  • March 14, 2014
Hi,

I have a lookup field (reports to) on contact object. It points to account. I want to populate only those accounts whoch are associated with the contact.
How can this be achieved?

Thanks,
Alok
  • March 14, 2014
Hi,

Can we place checkboxes on the left side of text? Is there any around?

Checkbox here   1a Referral Obtained

Thanks,
Alok
  • March 13, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to populate a filed on Subscription object from custom Product object. Product name is a lookup field on Subscription.t. I want that if product name is selected, porduct frequency is auto populated on Subscription object from Porduct object frequency.Frequency is a picklist on Product object.

When I write this formula for product frequency

Product_Name__r.Frequency__c,  I get below error

Field Frequency__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.

How can this be done?

Thanks,

Alok

• November 21, 2013

Hi All,

Can opportunity record type be updated through data loader as it can't be extracted through data loader.Is it possibleto to mass update record type of opportunity object.

Regards,

Alok

• November 13, 2013

Hi All,

I want to implement expand/collapse feature for stage history on opportunities. How can this be achieved?

Can someone provide me somesample code to begin with?

Regards,

Alok

• November 08, 2013

Hi,

I want to show certain opportunity stage picklist values for a particular profile. It is not possible to manage through sales process.

Profile A-->Stage Values  A,B,C,

Is it possible to handle it through workflows?

Any help wpuld be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alok

• November 04, 2013

Hi All,

Can section heading “open activities”  be changed to “activities.

Is there a way out?

Regards,

Alok

• November 04, 2013

Hi,

I have two sales processes (for opportunity stage) and two record types.

Sales process1                   Recrd type1   (A,B,C piclist value earlier) 

Sales process2                   Recrd type2   (D,E added ---> now satge picklist is A,B,C,D,E)

I have the sales process1 ealier setup and created Sales process2 recently.

Now when I create new opportunities, I have no issue. But when I go to edit previous opportunties for Sales process1, it shows all the picklist values.

I don't want to show D,E picklist values in previous opportunities edit page but only A,B,C.

How this can be achieved and Can someone please help ? 

Thanks,

Alok

• November 01, 2013

Hi,

I have two fileds. Opportunity Notes date and Opportunity note. My requirement is that until opportunity Note date is blank,Opportunity Notes is disabled. When date is entered in Opportunity Notes date, Opportunity Notes is Enabled.

Opportunity Notes Date is blank-----Opporutnity Notes Disabled.

Opportunity Notes Date  has a date-----Opporutnity Notes Enabled.

Is it possible to achieve this through workflow?

Thanks,

Alok

• October 30, 2013

Hi All,

I have a field client dates and notes. My requirement is that if someone selects a date for this field then it permits creation of notes and attachment (a custom rich field). If date not selected then creation of notes and attachment is not allowed.

-->Client Notes [requires date - then permits creation of notes and attachment of emails, including sales control letters]

How can this be acheived. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alok

• October 28, 2013

Hi,

I have a dashborad which displays sum of amount in a column. The column name is Sum of Amount. I want to display Sum of pipeline value instead of Sum of Amount. Amount column comes from opportunity object.

Is there a way so that I can change the column name of a dashborad. Formula field is a solution but

(Pipeline Value=Amount) I dno't  want to create a new field.

Thanks,

Alok

• September 24, 2013

Hi All,

I want to display weelky data of  open opportunities on a dashboard for the whole year. I have weekly data in a excel sheet. It should look like this.

1/1/2013         19000      (MM-DD-YYYY format)

1/8/2013         20000

1/15/2013       10000

1/22/2013        9000

How can this be done? I don't have weekly data stored in salesforce as value of total open opportunities keep changing.

Thanks,

Alok

• September 02, 2013

Hi, 

I want to display value of open oportunities on a dashboard. I want to display weekly values of open opportunities.

But thes values keep changing in salesforce as open opportunities could be lost or won. So, the weekly values chnages. I have these weekly values in excel. 

How can I show these values in a dashborad.

Thanks,

Alok

• August 30, 2013

Hi All,

I have written a sharing rule for contacts. It allows users of  role AE to read/write recodrs of same role AE.

Users are able to edit certain fields but not Contact Owner field.

Criteria                                            Shared With                     Contact

Owner in Role AE                         Role: AE                             Read/Write

What should I do to allow edit permission on Contact Owner field. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alok

• August 23, 2013

Hi All,

I have an inactive user. I want to provide edit option for contact object for certian fields of this user to users of a other profile. 

How this can be done as this is an inactive user and cant be part of any public group.

Thanks,

Alok

• August 22, 2013
Hi,

Can we place checkboxes on the left side of text? Is there any around?

Checkbox here   1a Referral Obtained

Thanks,
Alok
  • March 13, 2014

Hi All,

I want to implement expand/collapse feature for stage history on opportunities. How can this be achieved?

Can someone provide me somesample code to begin with?

Regards,

Alok

• November 08, 2013
Hi All,

I have created a contact lookup on poortunity page. I want to populate only those contacts associated with opportunity account.
I tried with related lookup filters. It works fine when I enter some contact name in the lookup field.
I want to populate the lookup with contacts associated with opportunity account when there is nothing entered in the lookup field.
Is there any workaround?
User-added image
Let me explain again. I want to populate contacts associated with opportunity account even when there is no value in Primary Client Contact.

Regards,
Alok
  • December 03, 2014
Hi All,

I want to display top 10 deals in a dashboard component but salesforce does not allow row limit for summary reports (allows row limit for tabular)
How can I apply row limit for a summary report.

Thanks,
Alok
  • September 30, 2014
Hi,

I have a lookup field (reports to) on contact object. It points to account. I want to populate only those accounts whoch are associated with the contact.
How can this be achieved?

Thanks,
Alok
  • March 14, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to populate a filed on Subscription object from custom Product object. Product name is a lookup field on Subscription.t. I want that if product name is selected, porduct frequency is auto populated on Subscription object from Porduct object frequency.Frequency is a picklist on Product object.

When I write this formula for product frequency

Product_Name__r.Frequency__c,  I get below error

Field Frequency__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.

How can this be done?

Thanks,

Alok

• November 21, 2013

Hi All,

Can section heading “open activities”  be changed to “activities.

Is there a way out?

Regards,

Alok

• November 04, 2013

Hi,

I have two sales processes (for opportunity stage) and two record types.

Sales process1                   Recrd type1   (A,B,C piclist value earlier) 

Sales process2                   Recrd type2   (D,E added ---> now satge picklist is A,B,C,D,E)

I have the sales process1 ealier setup and created Sales process2 recently.

Now when I create new opportunities, I have no issue. But when I go to edit previous opportunties for Sales process1, it shows all the picklist values.

I don't want to show D,E picklist values in previous opportunities edit page but only A,B,C.

How this can be achieved and Can someone please help ? 

Thanks,

Alok

• November 01, 2013

Hi All,

I have a field client dates and notes. My requirement is that if someone selects a date for this field then it permits creation of notes and attachment (a custom rich field). If date not selected then creation of notes and attachment is not allowed.

-->Client Notes [requires date - then permits creation of notes and attachment of emails, including sales control letters]

How can this be acheived. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alok

• October 28, 2013

Hi,

I have a dashborad which displays sum of amount in a column. The column name is Sum of Amount. I want to display Sum of pipeline value instead of Sum of Amount. Amount column comes from opportunity object.

Is there a way so that I can change the column name of a dashborad. Formula field is a solution but

(Pipeline Value=Amount) I dno't  want to create a new field.

Thanks,

Alok

• September 24, 2013

Hi, 

I want to display value of open oportunities on a dashboard. I want to display weekly values of open opportunities.

But thes values keep changing in salesforce as open opportunities could be lost or won. So, the weekly values chnages. I have these weekly values in excel. 

How can I show these values in a dashborad.

Thanks,

Alok

• August 30, 2013

Hi All,

I have written a sharing rule for contacts. It allows users of  role AE to read/write recodrs of same role AE.

Users are able to edit certain fields but not Contact Owner field.

Criteria                                            Shared With                     Contact

Owner in Role AE                         Role: AE                             Read/Write

What should I do to allow edit permission on Contact Owner field. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alok

• August 23, 2013

Hi All,

I have two profiles in my org i.e. CE and AE. I want to provide read permission to all accounts owned by CE to AE( CE is above in role hierarchy and org wide default is set to private). But AE users are not able to access accounts owned by CE users even after provding read access thorugh sharing rules.

Is it happening because of role hierarchy?

Thanks,

Alok

• July 31, 2013

Hi All,

I want to change owner of some accounts to a new user. I have more than 100 accounts. I was trying it through data loader but account owner filed is not available in sf.com fields list.

What are other options to change the account owner to new user in bulk.

Thanks,

Alok

• May 30, 2013

Hi,

I have a picklist which has one field 'Others'. I want to appear a text box just below the picklist if a user selects 'Others'.

How can I achieve that? Is there any way around except record types?

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,

Alok

• October 09, 2012