Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

How to use something like this..

<td >

<apex:outputText value="{0, number, $###,###,###,##0.00}">
                    <apex:param value="{!IF(list.size>1,list[1].FieldValue,'$0.00')}"/>
          </apex:outputText>

</td>

Thanks

Hi,

I have a controller class and a VF page that display a list of records from which a user can select any number of records. Once a user check marks the records, they are displayed in second section of VF page.

Now again on second VF page (PDF page), I want to display the list again with extra information. But that list is not getting carried forward from one page to another.

Please suggest me as to what shall be done.

Thanks

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputLabel for="txtAvailableContacts" id="searchContactsLabel" value="Search for Contacts"></apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputText id="txtSearchContacts" value="{!searchContactsText}"></apex:inputText>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
<apex:commandButton id="searchContactsBtn" onclick="searchContacts(); return false;" value="Find Contacts"></apex:commandButton>

======================================================================================

public string searchContactsText {get; set;}

public pageReference getAvailableSearchedContacts()

{

availableContacts_SearchAll = [Select id, name, email from Contact where name like : '%' + searchContactsText + '%'];
System.Debug('$$$$#### '+searchContactsText);
return null;
}

======================================================================================

VF Page is not passing the input text to controller and hence query returns all the contacts and not according to searchcontact string on VF page.

Hi,

I have a controller class and a VF page that display a list of records from which a user can select any number of records. Once a user check marks the records, they are displayed in second section of VF page.

Now again on second VF page (PDF page), I want to display the list again with extra information. But that list is not getting carried forward from one page to another.

Please suggest me as to what shall be done.

Thanks

<apex:outputLabel for="txtAvailableContacts" id="searchContactsLabel" value="Search for Contacts"></apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputText id="txtSearchContacts" value="{!searchContactsText}"></apex:inputText>
<apex:commandButton id="searchContactsBtn" onclick="searchContacts(); return false;" value="Find Contacts"></apex:commandButton>

public string searchContactsText {get; set;}

public pageReference getAvailableSearchedContacts()

{

availableContacts_SearchAll = [Select id, name, email from Contact where name like : '%' + searchContactsText + '%'];
System.Debug('$$$$#### '+searchContactsText);
return null;
}

VF Page is not passing the input text to controller and hence query returns all the contacts and not according to searchcontact string on VF page.

Hello,

I am trying to code two VF pages that share one controller. The first page displays some data along with a selection table. The second page renders the output as a PDF page.

All works well except the display of the "selected items" table. After the user presses the "Generate RMA" button, I create a new list with all of the rows that were selected in the first page. Nothing displays for this table. All other data displays correctly.

I will upload the code for all three objects.

One observation: I have one field that I display on the second page that I don't display on the first (Claim__c.Claim_Company__c). Nothing would ever display on the second page for that field until I included it as a hidden input field on the first page. Then it worked perfectly. The table object that will not display is also a field that never appears on the first page. Could this be a similar issue?

An update:

I added these two lines in the ClaimRMAPDFTemplate:

{!selectedCDLIs[0].Claim_LI_Total_Claim_Quantity_Involved__c}
{!CDLIs[0].CDLI.Claim_LI_Total_Claim_Quantity_Involved__c}

The first returned no value, the second returned the quantity from the first row of the selection table.

This again seems to indicate that the selected-row-list (created in savePDF method, appears to be empty in the ClaimRMAPDFTemplate. I have system.debug statements that show that the list is definitely populated.

Why does the second page see no data in that list?

My whole purpose for the second list is to exclude the rows in the first list that were not selected. Is it possible to simply skip rows in the second VF page that are not selected? I was experimenting with the "rendered" attribute. I could make it work on the column component, but not on the datatable component.

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt