• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am just getting started with my Salesforce education. I have around 14 years of IT experience. Currently, I am a Sr. project manager and solution architect for database applications. Prior technical background includes Oracle, Developer 2000, PL/SQL, DBA, SQL Server, Business Objects, database design, datawarehouse, data migration etc. I have done some Java but not much. I have front end development experience in Oracle Developer 2000. I am able to pick up Salesforce fairly quick so far. I may need some effort with Apex programming.

I was wondering if this is the right time to get into Salesforce. Currently, the Salesforce job market is good but some people say that the in a couple of years, there will be no demand for Salesforce because there are too many Salesforce professionals. Is that true? Is Salesforce a good long term career?

I know this is a Salesforce forum but please give me some honest feedback about long term career with Salesforce. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

• November 28, 2012

Hello,

I am going through the tutorial for creating Summary report (I already created the Tabular Report). Here the steps at DeveloperForce:

1. Click the Reports tab.

2. Click New Report.

3. Select Other Reports, then Invoice Statements with Line Items and Merchandise.

4. Click Create.

At step 3, it says "Select Other Reports, then Invoice Statements with Line Items and Merchandise.". When I select "Other Reports" I do NOT see the option "Invoice Statements with Line Items and Merchandise". The only option I see is "Merchandise". What did I do wrong? How can I see "Invoice Statements with Line Items and Merchandise" under the "Other Reports" option??

Please advise.

Thanks

• November 13, 2012

Hi,

I want to obtain Salesforce Consultant Certification by self-study. If you have any resources, books, links etc. for the following tracks, please respond:

-          Administration Essentials for New Admins — EE or UE (ADM201)

-          Implementation Essentials (CON201)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• November 12, 2012

I am just getting started with my Salesforce education. I have around 14 years of IT experience. Currently, I am a Sr. project manager and solution architect for database applications. Prior technical background includes Oracle, Developer 2000, PL/SQL, DBA, SQL Server, Business Objects, database design, datawarehouse, data migration etc. I have done some Java but not much. I have front end development experience in Oracle Developer 2000. I am able to pick up Salesforce fairly quick so far. I may need some effort with Apex programming.

I was wondering if this is the right time to get into Salesforce. Currently, the Salesforce job market is good but some people say that the in a couple of years, there will be no demand for Salesforce because there are too many Salesforce professionals. Is that true? Is Salesforce a good long term career?

I know this is a Salesforce forum but please give me some honest feedback about long term career with Salesforce. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

• November 28, 2012

Hi,

I want to obtain Salesforce Consultant Certification by self-study. If you have any resources, books, links etc. for the following tracks, please respond:

-          Administration Essentials for New Admins — EE or UE (ADM201)

-          Implementation Essentials (CON201)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• November 12, 2012