• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a big problem:

We wrote some code in a Sandbox org that uses the Service Contract object. We created a Change Set with all of the necessary components for deployment into the Production org.

However, we'd obviously like to be able to undo the deployment in case it causes problems. You cannot undo outbound change sets.

So i thought of packaging everything up into a managed package in a developer org, but that's impossible because the Service Contract object doesn't exist in the Developer Edition environment. Why not!? I haven't found any documentation that states this or why.

So i'm currently stuck.

Does anybody have any more relevant info or any advice on how to proceed - or if you've been in this situation yourself?

Thanks,

Robin

I have a big problem:

We wrote some code in a Sandbox org that uses the Service Contract object. We created a Change Set with all of the necessary components for deployment into the Production org.

However, we'd obviously like to be able to undo the deployment in case it causes problems. You cannot undo outbound change sets.

So i thought of packaging everything up into a managed package in a developer org, but that's impossible because the Service Contract object doesn't exist in the Developer Edition environment. Why not!? I haven't found any documentation that states this or why.

So i'm currently stuck.

Does anybody have any more relevant info or any advice on how to proceed - or if you've been in this situation yourself?

Thanks,

Robin