• Tech Manager
  • The Loft

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've got a bizarre custom report type that shows up for my users (in the report builder UI) as 'Contacts with Journals and Products'. However, that report type does not show up at all in the reportType components in Eclipse, nor is it listed under Setup-->Create-->Report Types. I can look at the 'reportType' attribute for reports created from this reportType, and the reportType attribute is 'ContactCustomEntity$Journal__c@Journal__c.Product__c'. (Which is not listed in Eclipse or my org's setup menu either.) Using Workbench & the analyics API, I can see that this particular reportType has a 'label' of 'Contacts with Custom Object'--which is also not showing up anywhere. Any ideas about how I can actually GET AT this report type? I need to be able to add fields and manage this report type--and I'd also like to know why it's showing up as a valid report type in the UI, but not behaving correctly on the back end.

I've just created my first trigger which fires on opportunities and checks to see if an opportunity was paid for using a gift certificate custom object that we created and if so then goes and debits the apporpriate amount from that gift certificate. Part of this involves a SOQL to create a list of all the gift certificates that currently have a balance greater than 0. As their is a governor limit on the amount of SOQL queries you can do, and as there is such an emphasis on "bulkification" of your code, I initally placed this SOQL query at the beginning of the trigger, outside the for loop that acts on every record so as not to fire mulitple times when bulk uploading opportunities. That being said, I don't plan on ever bulk uploading opportunities. 

Here's the question. Given that most opportunities won't be paid for with a gift certificate and the fact that I have no intention of ever bulk uploading opportunities, would it make more sense to forego the bulkification best practice and only perform the SOQL query after determining whether or not the query needed to be made? 

I've just created my first trigger which fires on opportunities and checks to see if an opportunity was paid for using a gift certificate custom object that we created and if so then goes and debits the apporpriate amount from that gift certificate. Part of this involves a SOQL to create a list of all the gift certificates that currently have a balance greater than 0. As their is a governor limit on the amount of SOQL queries you can do, and as there is such an emphasis on "bulkification" of your code, I initally placed this SOQL query at the beginning of the trigger, outside the for loop that acts on every record so as not to fire mulitple times when bulk uploading opportunities. That being said, I don't plan on ever bulk uploading opportunities. 

Here's the question. Given that most opportunities won't be paid for with a gift certificate and the fact that I have no intention of ever bulk uploading opportunities, would it make more sense to forego the bulkification best practice and only perform the SOQL query after determining whether or not the query needed to be made?