• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Here is the code I have in the custom button in our QA Sandbox; the button on the case object is called “New CSC Case”.

/500/e?retURL=%2F{!Case.ParentId}&def_parent_id={!Case.Id}&{!Case.Parent_Case_Account_ID__c}&def_account_id={!Account.Id}&{!Case.Device__c}&def_device_id={!ISPICKVAL(Case.Device__c,'')}&RecordType=012A0000000teDM&ent=Case

The button is on the page layout for a case and when clicked most of the functionality works correctly: a new child case is created of a different record type, the parent case number is filled in and the correct account value is filled in on the child case based on the value from the parent case.  The section o fthe button formula which isn't working is the part about &{!Case.Device__c}&def_device_id={!ISPICKVAL(Case.Device__c,'')}

I'm trying to take the single picklist value for "device" from the parent case and pass it to the new child case in the button.  In the URL for the new child case, I see that the picklist value was copied from the parent case, but it doesn't pass it to the child.  The URL produced when the button is clicked is below.

https://cs11.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2F&def_parent_id=500Z0000002PoFe&def_account_id=001A0000002dpzb&2.5&def_device_id=false&RecordType=012A0000000teDM&ent=Case

You can see that the value of "2.5" is in the URL which is correct, but that value doesn't pass to the picklist for the new child case.

Can anyone please suggest what's wrong with the part of the button formula &{!Case.Device__c}&def_device_id={!ISPICKVAL(Case.Device__c,'')} ?

Thanks to all for any ideas!  Happy New Year!

Here is the code I have in the custom button in our QA Sandbox; the button on the case object is called “New CSC Case”.

/500/e?retURL=%2F{!Case.ParentId}&def_parent_id={!Case.Id}&{!Case.Parent_Case_Account_ID__c}&def_account_id={!Account.Id}&{!Case.Device__c}&def_device_id={!ISPICKVAL(Case.Device__c,'')}&RecordType=012A0000000teDM&ent=Case

The button is on the page layout for a case and when clicked most of the functionality works correctly: a new child case is created of a different record type, the parent case number is filled in and the correct account value is filled in on the child case based on the value from the parent case.  The section o fthe button formula which isn't working is the part about &{!Case.Device__c}&def_device_id={!ISPICKVAL(Case.Device__c,'')}

I'm trying to take the single picklist value for "device" from the parent case and pass it to the new child case in the button.  In the URL for the new child case, I see that the picklist value was copied from the parent case, but it doesn't pass it to the child.  The URL produced when the button is clicked is below.

https://cs11.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2F&def_parent_id=500Z0000002PoFe&def_account_id=001A0000002dpzb&2.5&def_device_id=false&RecordType=012A0000000teDM&ent=Case

You can see that the value of "2.5" is in the URL which is correct, but that value doesn't pass to the picklist for the new child case.

Can anyone please suggest what's wrong with the part of the button formula &{!Case.Device__c}&def_device_id={!ISPICKVAL(Case.Device__c,'')} ?

Thanks to all for any ideas!  Happy New Year!