• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I want to use custom object field values in VF page ( I can do this by specifying the controller as my custom object and page loads in the custom tab).

Now the page created above I need to embed this in some other Tab say Account. I don't get an error when I use the above page on wellform page. But it shows an error:

Content cannot be displayed: Id value 001d000000Va7JT is not valid for the "mycustomobject"

I understand the error. But I really need to use this VF page in the standard tab.

Any pointers help is most appreciated.

Please ..

Hi, ( I am a novice here) First of all Thanks SF for such a vast help on web.

My Problem:

I have embedded a Visualforce page which basically is used to take inputs from a superuser and creates apex output links. The problem I face now is I want to save these links as part of the info in the tab ( account) I am on. I tried override save - but seems i am missing something 1. I dont want to navigate to another page so pagereference is not what i would go for. 2. My visualforce page creates apex:outputlinks via Javascript and i have no way to attach these to the account fields that would let me update Account on save.

Need:

What I really am trying to do here is as follows: I login and create a link or two in accounts:VF Page and save the links on the page. So that upon refresh i see my links intact.

I have been trying to figure out how to save this bit but to no avail.

Please guide me.

Any pointers and help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I want to use custom object field values in VF page ( I can do this by specifying the controller as my custom object and page loads in the custom tab).

Now the page created above I need to embed this in some other Tab say Account. I don't get an error when I use the above page on wellform page. But it shows an error:

Content cannot be displayed: Id value 001d000000Va7JT is not valid for the "mycustomobject"

I understand the error. But I really need to use this VF page in the standard tab.

Any pointers help is most appreciated.

Please ..

Hi, ( I am a novice here) First of all Thanks SF for such a vast help on web.

My Problem:

I have embedded a Visualforce page which basically is used to take inputs from a superuser and creates apex output links. The problem I face now is I want to save these links as part of the info in the tab ( account) I am on. I tried override save - but seems i am missing something 1. I dont want to navigate to another page so pagereference is not what i would go for. 2. My visualforce page creates apex:outputlinks via Javascript and i have no way to attach these to the account fields that would let me update Account on save.

Need:

What I really am trying to do here is as follows: I login and create a link or two in accounts:VF Page and save the links on the page. So that upon refresh i see my links intact.

I have been trying to figure out how to save this bit but to no avail.

Please guide me.

Any pointers and help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Can u any one help me ,

when i am enter record id ,then search will be done on all objects,the object which is having that record with that record id will be displayed in search results, how i can achieve this?

Thanx in Advance

Hari@Rockz

sfdc blue fish

I am creating a visualforce page for leads.

I have the following in my controller:

Code:
Lead lead;

public Lead getLead(){
    if(lead == null) lead = [select id, name, Persona__c from Lead where id= :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
    return lead;
}

public List<Question__c> getQuestions(){
    return [select id, Question_Value__c from Question__c where Persona__c = :lead.Persona__c];
}

Now on the Page it shows the Question ids if I just put {!Questions}.

But as soon as I try to put the questions into a pageblock I get the error: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object. The error points to the return statement in the last method above.

Here is the section of the page:

Code:
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Questions}" var="q">
             <apex:column value="{!q.Question_Value__c}"/>
         </apex:pageBlockTable>

Any idea how to put the data into a table appropriately?