• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

<apex:form >
        <apex:actionRegion >
            <apex:selectList value="{!objClass.Class_Meets__c}" multiselect="true">
                <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"/>
            </apex:selectList>

<apex:inputField value="{!objClass.Class_Meets__c}">
                <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!showPanel}" rerender="panel">
                    <apex:param value="{!objClass.Class_Meets__c}" name="classmeets" assignTo="{!classmeets}"/>
                </apex:actionSupport>
            </apex:inputField>    
        </apex:actionRegion>

<apex:outputPanel id="panel">
         <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!flag}">
                   {!objClass.Class_Meets__c}
                   {!classmeets}
            </apex:outputPanel>
    </apex:form>

where "classmeets" is string. I am not able to get the currently selected picklist value in controller.  {!objClass.Class_Meets__c} displays the selected values but "classmeets" come null. 

<apex:form >
        <apex:actionRegion >
            <apex:selectList value="{!objClass.Class_Meets__c}" multiselect="true">
                <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"/>
            </apex:selectList>

<apex:inputField value="{!objClass.Class_Meets__c}">
                <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!showPanel}" rerender="panel">
                    <apex:param value="{!objClass.Class_Meets__c}" name="classmeets" assignTo="{!classmeets}"/>
                </apex:actionSupport>
            </apex:inputField>    
        </apex:actionRegion>

<apex:outputPanel id="panel">
         <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!flag}">
                   {!objClass.Class_Meets__c}
                   {!classmeets}
    </apex:form>

where "classmeets" is string. I am not able to get the currently selected picklist value in controller.  {!objClass.Class_Meets__c} displays the selected values but "classmeets" come null. 

Hello

I am having some difficulties generating a SOQL query to return details from the Case and Attachment objects in one hit - hopefully someone can advise whether this is possible and if so to do it!

I have a custom apex controller which is successfully making an API call to the database to retrieve details from the Case object which retrieves me a list of Case details.

What I would like to do now is get the same query to return the same Case details, but also to return me details from the Attachment object that relate to these cases.

To further explain, the essential fields that I need for the query to return me are 'Case.CaseNumber, Attachment.Id where Attachment.ParentId = Case.Id'.

It looks as though joins are something that SOQL doesn't like, but can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks.

Mark

• May 23, 2012