• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

My goal is to keep only the most recent version of a chatter file.  When someone uploads a new version I want the old version to be deleted.  As far as I can tell this is not an option in salesforce.com.

My thoughts are creating a trigger on either a ContentDocument or ContentVersion that deletes the related ContentDocument or previous ContentVersion before the new version is uploaded, that way only one version will exist.  How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

- Mike

Hello,

I'm working on creating my first visual force page.  Here is my code:

<apex:page controller="clsProjectOverview">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageblocktable value="{!milestones}"  var="m">
            <apex:column headervalue="Milestones">
                <apex:outputtext value="{!m.Name}"/>
            </apex:column>
            <apex:column >
                   <apex:facet name="header">                                        
                         Actions                                                                               
                    </apex:facet>
                    <apex:pageblocktable value="{!m.Actions__r}" var="a"  cellpadding="5">
                        <apex:column headerValue="Action Name">
                               <apex:outputText value="{!a.Name}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Status" >
                            <apex:outputText value="{!a.Status__c}" style="{!IF((a.Status__c='Planned'),'background-color:red','background-color:green')}"  />
                        <apex:column headerValue="Start Date">
                               <apex:outputText value="{!a.Start_Date__c}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="End Date">
                               <apex:outputText value="{!a.End_Date__c}"/>
                    </apex:pageblocktable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

As you can see, I'm trying to set the color of an output text field.  This is working, but the color only applies to the text.  It would look much better if the full cell was the back-color I wanted.

How can I accomplish this?  If I put <td> and </td> before/after my output text field, it works, but it moves the values over one column to the right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello,

When a user uploads a document to chatter and selects the "everyone with a link permission" salesforce.com generates a link.

How can I get that link through Apex code?

Currently I'm using the following, but nothing relates the the link that salesforce.com gives me.

SELECT ID, ContentDocument.LatestPublishedVersion.Title, ContentDocument.LatestPublishedVersion.Description, ContentDocument.LatestPublishedVersion.PathOnClient FROM ContentDocumentLink WHERE LinkedEntityId=:c.Id

As a secondary step, is it possible to automatically set view permissions on an uploaded document to everyone through apex?

Thanks,

- Mike

Hello,

When a user request a graphic I have my graphic designers upload a file under the chatter section of the Case Object in SalesForce.com.  I can see that by default everyone with a link can view this document.

When the Case status is changed, I have a workflow process in place to automatically send an email out to certain roles.

I would like to include a link to any file attachments related to the specific case in this automatic email.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

- Mike

Hello.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.  I have 32bit java installed so I downloaded the Windows 32bit installer from http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

To install it, I had to use run as administrator.  After the install I went to the Software and Workspace Center, selected the four updates and hit apply.  It did it's thing and told me it had to be restarted.  I clicked ok to have it restart now, and now I cannot open the IDE.

Two processes called forceide.exe were running in the background - not using any CPU. I manually ended them, and now the main screen won't come back up at all. The start of my .log file is listed below.

What am I doing wrong? I'm new to salesforce.com and I would like to look at our APEX code on our current site.

Start of .log file:

!SESSION 2013-02-20 11:48:21.903 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_13
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -Xms40m -Xmx256m
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -Xms40m -Xmx256m

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 4 0 2013-02-20 11:48:29.485
!MESSAGE Could not load library: jWinHttp-1.0.0.dll
!STACK 0
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jWinHttp-1.0.0 in java.library.path
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.WindowsProxyProvider.<clinit>(WindowsProxyProvider.java:25)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager.<init>(ProxyManager.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager.getProxyManager(ProxyManager.java:88)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.Activator.start(Activator.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:449)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:405)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.common.http.CommunicationsServices.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.initializeCommunicationsWithWizardIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.doValidateServerConnection(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.initializeServerConnection(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.PulseServices.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.targetcfg.ui.PulseActivator.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:370)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1068)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:220)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:330)

Hello,

I'm working on creating my first visual force page.  Here is my code:

<apex:page controller="clsProjectOverview">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageblocktable value="{!milestones}"  var="m">
            <apex:column headervalue="Milestones">
                <apex:outputtext value="{!m.Name}"/>
            <apex:column >
                   <apex:facet name="header">                                        
                         Actions                                                                               
                    </apex:facet>
                    <apex:pageblocktable value="{!m.Actions__r}" var="a"  cellpadding="5">
                        <apex:column headerValue="Action Name">
                               <apex:outputText value="{!a.Name}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Status" >
                            <apex:outputText value="{!a.Status__c}" style="{!IF((a.Status__c='Planned'),'background-color:red','background-color:green')}"  />
                        <apex:column headerValue="Start Date">
                               <apex:outputText value="{!a.Start_Date__c}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="End Date">
                               <apex:outputText value="{!a.End_Date__c}"/>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

As you can see, I'm trying to set the color of an output text field.  This is working, but the color only applies to the text.  It would look much better if the full cell was the back-color I wanted.

How can I accomplish this?  If I put <td> and </td> before/after my output text field, it works, but it moves the values over one column to the right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello,

When a user request a graphic I have my graphic designers upload a file under the chatter section of the Case Object in SalesForce.com.  I can see that by default everyone with a link can view this document.

When the Case status is changed, I have a workflow process in place to automatically send an email out to certain roles.

I would like to include a link to any file attachments related to the specific case in this automatic email.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

- Mike