• 30 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

On matrix report, I cannot the options on the 'Where will this formula be displayed?' . Its all blank.

Does anyone bumped into this problem? Please let me know.

Do the SF object names remains even if we delete that object. I get an error like below after I try to reuse the name for the deleted  object

'Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used.  Please choose a different name.'

Can we assign multiple record types to a user. How a record restricted in this case for that user (display all the values as per the all records type or based on most restricted record type ).

If I create a permission set with no associated license,  can I use that permission set with users having any license?

Can we create chatter groups in Developer Edition?  I was unable to find it on the Developer Edition.

Has anyone installed Force IDE on Windows 7 Home ultimate edition (I am not sure if I can install on it)?

I get connectivity error and cannot go past after it. 

Where could I find (or possibly generate)  a token (from salesforce) to connect another web application to my account in  salesforce?

I am using WSDL to connect to salesforce.

How could I change a format of the chart in a already saved report?

When I creat a custom controller and the code experience an error, the codes are reverted back to last working code.

Do we have a setting for keeping the codes intact during error.

The following code:
Customer Name<apex:inputField value="{!Customer__c.Name}"

Displays the input field below 'Customer Name' and not side by side as expected.
Any clue, Why it is doing that?

I don't see any fields in the 'Field to Aggregate'. I have setup master-Child relationship for the Ojects and have Amount field as Currency.

Am I missing anything.

On matrix report, I cannot the options on the 'Where will this formula be displayed?' . Its all blank.

Does anyone bumped into this problem? Please let me know.

Do the SF object names remains even if we delete that object. I get an error like below after I try to reuse the name for the deleted  object

'Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used.  Please choose a different name.'

Can we assign multiple record types to a user. How a record restricted in this case for that user (display all the values as per the all records type or based on most restricted record type ).

I tried to set user sharings as described in

http://www.salesforce.com/_app/video/Who_Sees_What/Who_Sees_Who_User_Sharing.jsp

It was not possible, because  I can't see the User object at the Sharing settings page. (Logged in with system administrator profile, permission "Manage User" is set). How can I view/update sharing settings for user object?

Can we create chatter groups in Developer Edition?  I was unable to find it on the Developer Edition.

Has anyone installed Force IDE on Windows 7 Home ultimate edition (I am not sure if I can install on it)?

I get connectivity error and cannot go past after it. 

1)Universal Containers tracks interview scores in Review object. Review score is tracked in numerical format and are restricted to 1-5 and displayed as Radio buttons. How developer must meet this requirement?

a)      Create VF component to display interview score as a set of radio button

b)      Create a formula field that displays interview score as radio buttons

c)      Create interview score as picklist and display them as radio buttons on page layout

d)     Create interview score field with data type of radio button

2) A job application object has a child review object to store candidate review. The review needs to be tracked between a score of 1 to 5. The score has to be a choice between 1 and 5 displayed as a radio button. How will a developer cater to this requirement? Choose the Right answer 

1.    Create 5 fields for scores (1 to 5) of type radio-button and use it in review page layout.

2.    Create a dependent pick list that feeds the radio button type field.

3.    Create a formula field

4.    Create visual force page with radio buttons for review object

What is the right Answer? some of them said using VF page we can Do... Some of them said using formula fields and Create interview score field with data type of radio button....

Please reply correct answer ... Explain it.....

Trying to allow our volunteers to update their email address through our website. They are logging in through drupal where their email and other information is stored and synced with SF. If they change their email address on the web-page, drupal passes that over to SF and that's where it fails. Salesforce will not allow us to change an email on a "record", (contact really, because we're running the NPSP). It always returns the error message, "a contact with this email already exists" which of course is not true.

If I delete the blockDuplicates_tgr it will allow me to update an email, though obviously that is not really the best idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I  have successfully created  a bugCase junc object by creating 2 relationships in the custom object and successfully see the related list called Bugs in Case and related list called Cases in Bug object.

Then i have successfully created a new case record from Cases tab.

Now when trying to create a new bug object by clicking on Bugs | New --> there r 2 lookups in this screen for Bug and have successfully selected from the Case lookup but when i click the lookup for Bug there r no records and only Go button is present but not the New button.

Then i have tried looking for Bug object in Customize but noticed it does not exist here also.

How to add a new Bug object.

Please help.

Thanks

Sai

Hi,

where do I find Self-Service Portal in salesforce.com?

Hello,

I want to create a master child relationship but I would like to do this off of the

Custom Fields & Relationships rather than the Standard Fields is this possible.

The way that I have set up my tables and objects are:

Questions (as a table)

Answers ( as a table)

It would be great to link the two via pick list such as

Question Tab

Question Number

Answer Tab

Question Number

This really doesnt seem possible. It appears if i want something like this: It would be more like the Question Tab: Question Number Standard field as either auto num or text

Then select the Question Number Standard as the corresponding one i want to answer

I would rather link the two tables via  pick list - less user errors.

Hello,

I have created the WSDL Enterprise file in the Setup and I have added the Web Reference in Visual Studio 2010 I am receiving the following errors:

Error 1 Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. Unable to import binding 'SoapBinding' from namespace 'urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com'. Unable to import operation 'create'. The datatype 'urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com:RecordType' is missing.

Error 2 Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. Unable to import binding 'SoapBinding' from namespace 'urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com'. Unable to import operation 'create'. The datatype 'urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com:RecordType' is missing.

These errors are in the Settings.settings file and Reference.map file respectively. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.