Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We have 2 fields populating from a third party system

tour_date__c and tour_time__c

at the moment the tour_time__c field is a picklist for reporting purposes but it doesnt have to beit can be text if need be.  

I want to combine the tour_date__c and tour_time__c field into one "tour_date_time__c" field either with a formula field or with a field update.  Field Update would be better but either would work.

example:
tour_time__c = 10:00 PM
tour_date__c = 7/4/2015

Formual or Field Update 
tour_date_time__c = 7/4/2015 10:100 PM.

I also am in PST (GMT - 7) which i think matters

Let me know if you have any questions and thank in advance for any help

Sean 

• July 03, 2015
I am pretty new to flows and I need a little help.

So we have an onboarding team that justs verifies information that a Sales Agent has filled out.

There are many single value pick lists in the opportunity.  For example we have one called "Agreement Status" and the picklist Values are
Sent
Delivered
Completed

I have created these as choices in the flow and also changed stored values in each choice to not incluse the {} (something I read on another article) in order to get them to update and that works great.  I can change the value in the flow and it updates the value on the sObject field.

The problem I am having is when I go into the flow it does not display the current value in the sObject field.

What I have tried was create a variable and asign it to my sObject field Agreement_Status__C.  then created a choice and labeld it Orginal Value with a stored value of the new variable and then made that choice the default choice.  However I don't see the current value all I see is "orginal Value"  

How do I get a picklist current value to display in a flow?

Thanks in Advance

Sean
  • May 29, 2015
I am trying to write a simple wokrflow formual 

I have a text field called subject and I want the formual to evalate to true if the text field has any of these three text values.
Presentation/Demo Given
Conversation Started
Set Appointment for Presentation

Then I am doing a field update to a date field.

The issue I am having is when the field reads "Presentation/Demo Given" and then changes to "Conversation Started" or any combination it is updateding the date field with todays date.  

I want it only to update that filed if "created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria" so, if the value if that field swiches beteween any of those three values I want the field up date to do nothing which I have selcted.  Here is what I have so far

OR( Subject__c ="Conversation Started",Subject__c="Presentation/Demo Given",Subject__c="Set Appointment for Presentation")

Thanks in advance for your help

Sean

• February 16, 2015
I am trying write a formual that uses if and AND statments.  the logic I am trying to write is

IF(RFP_Flight_Date__c > today (), ( Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight_This_Month__c * Estimated_Daily_Revenue__c ),IF(RFP_Flight_Date__c <= Today AND (Days_Remaining_in_the_Month__c  >  Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight__c),THEN (Estimated_Daily_Revenue__c * Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight__c),IF(RFP_Flight_Date__c <= Today AND (Days_Remaining_in_the_Month__c  < Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight__c),THEN(Estimated_Daily_Revenue__c * Days_Remaining_in_the_Month__c ),Otherwise 0

That is the logic I am trying to solve.  I just dont know how to write it so the AND statment is inside the IF statement.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks in advance

Sean

• February 09, 2015
I am trying to see how long a record has been in each status.

So we have 5 status
Submit Request 
Assigned 
More Info Needed 
Reaching out to Publishers 
Closed

I want to track how long in minutes this record spent in each status.  I have created fields for all the dates and I have field updates made.  Where I am getting stuck is how do I create a workflow rule that will update "More info needed close date" with "now()" when it leaves a stage.  I know how to create when it goes into the stage but how do I have it update the date field when it leaves a stage.

thanks in advance
  • May 19, 2014
Hi All

I have a custom object for RFPs.  What I need is when sales submits the RFP for pricing I need the owner of that record to round robine evenly between 3 people.

Step 1 - The sales rep fills out the RFP information and then changes the status to Submitted. 
Step 2 - I now want this to round robin evenly between 3 other employees

Its a pretty simple I think it can be done with a few workflows and field updates just not sure how

thank you in advance for your help
  • May 19, 2014

I hope someone can help me out here

I want to limit the amount of picklist options that can be choosen in a multi-picklist.  

For examble I have a multi-picklist that has 10 choices listed but I want the Sales Agent rep to beable to only choose 3.

Is there a valdation rule that can do this?  

Thanks in advance for all your help

Sean 

• November 21, 2013

We have a series of check boxes on the Account object that I would like to autopoulate into an opportunity upon creation of the opportunity.

My example is.  Clients get reports on certain days.  So I have a series of check boxes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.   Lets say we have Monday and Wednesday checked When creating the opportunity I want the same check boxes (on the opportunity) autopopulate to whatever was on the account object.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank in advance

Sean 

• November 14, 2013

First off I am on Enterprise Edition

My Challenge is I have not been able to find a solution to this question.  I want to remove the edit/ del links from the Activity history on the Accounts object

http://screencast.com/t/1dkRRkeX

There are no user or profile permissions that I can find that can achieve this.

This is very important has we recycle leads based on no activity for the last 30 days and we found an employee deleting others tasks to make the activiy history look like it was more then 30 days old

I still want read access to the tasks for all users but no option to delete them .

I tried this permission

http://screencast.com/t/zh0etRe2

That removes the buttons however they can not create tasks then so Email to salesforce or logging tasks no longer works and that is no good

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

• August 23, 2013

We run advertising campagins and sometimes they get paused.  I am trying create a field that tells me how many days a campagin has been Paused

So I created 2 fields

"Pause Date" and "Un-Pause Date"

I created Workflows that when the Stage changes to Paused it puts todays date in the "Paused" Field and when its Unpaused it puts today's Date in the "Unpaused" Field.  

I then Created a Formula Field "Days Paused" which subtracts the Unpaused Date from the Paused Date.  This all works perfectly.

My Problem is what happens if it gets paused more then once.  How do I keep adding to the "Days Paused" field because the pause date and unpause date fields will be changeing as things get paused and unpaused

• March 22, 2013
I am trying to see how long a record has been in each status.

So we have 5 status
Submit Request 
Assigned 
More Info Needed 
Reaching out to Publishers 
Closed

I want to track how long in minutes this record spent in each status.  I have created fields for all the dates and I have field updates made.  Where I am getting stuck is how do I create a workflow rule that will update "More info needed close date" with "now()" when it leaves a stage.  I know how to create when it goes into the stage but how do I have it update the date field when it leaves a stage.

thanks in advance
  • May 19, 2014
Hi All

I have a custom object for RFPs.  What I need is when sales submits the RFP for pricing I need the owner of that record to round robine evenly between 3 people.

Step 1 - The sales rep fills out the RFP information and then changes the status to Submitted. 
Step 2 - I now want this to round robin evenly between 3 other employees

Its a pretty simple I think it can be done with a few workflows and field updates just not sure how

thank you in advance for your help
  • May 19, 2014
Hello,

We have 2 fields populating from a third party system

tour_date__c and tour_time__c

at the moment the tour_time__c field is a picklist for reporting purposes but it doesnt have to beit can be text if need be.  

I want to combine the tour_date__c and tour_time__c field into one "tour_date_time__c" field either with a formula field or with a field update.  Field Update would be better but either would work.

example:
tour_time__c = 10:00 PM
tour_date__c = 7/4/2015

Formual or Field Update 
tour_date_time__c = 7/4/2015 10:100 PM.

I also am in PST (GMT - 7) which i think matters

Let me know if you have any questions and thank in advance for any help

Sean 

• July 03, 2015
I am trying to write a simple wokrflow formual 

I have a text field called subject and I want the formual to evalate to true if the text field has any of these three text values.
Presentation/Demo Given
Conversation Started
Set Appointment for Presentation

Then I am doing a field update to a date field.

The issue I am having is when the field reads "Presentation/Demo Given" and then changes to "Conversation Started" or any combination it is updateding the date field with todays date.  

I want it only to update that filed if "created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria" so, if the value if that field swiches beteween any of those three values I want the field up date to do nothing which I have selcted.  Here is what I have so far

OR( Subject__c ="Conversation Started",Subject__c="Presentation/Demo Given",Subject__c="Set Appointment for Presentation")

Thanks in advance for your help

Sean

• February 16, 2015
I am trying write a formual that uses if and AND statments.  the logic I am trying to write is

IF(RFP_Flight_Date__c > today (), ( Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight_This_Month__c * Estimated_Daily_Revenue__c ),IF(RFP_Flight_Date__c <= Today AND (Days_Remaining_in_the_Month__c  >  Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight__c),THEN (Estimated_Daily_Revenue__c * Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight__c),IF(RFP_Flight_Date__c <= Today AND (Days_Remaining_in_the_Month__c  < Days_Remaining_in_RFP_Flight__c),THEN(Estimated_Daily_Revenue__c * Days_Remaining_in_the_Month__c ),Otherwise 0

That is the logic I am trying to solve.  I just dont know how to write it so the AND statment is inside the IF statement.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks in advance

Sean

• February 09, 2015

We run advertising campagins and sometimes they get paused.  I am trying create a field that tells me how many days a campagin has been Paused

So I created 2 fields

"Pause Date" and "Un-Pause Date"

I created Workflows that when the Stage changes to Paused it puts todays date in the "Paused" Field and when its Unpaused it puts today's Date in the "Unpaused" Field.  

I then Created a Formula Field "Days Paused" which subtracts the Unpaused Date from the Paused Date.  This all works perfectly.

My Problem is what happens if it gets paused more then once.  How do I keep adding to the "Days Paused" field because the pause date and unpause date fields will be changeing as things get paused and unpaused

• March 22, 2013