• 25 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone know a good way to query and set the 15 byte RecordType ID in Flow to be able to assign it to a variable for use in a dynamic choice?

I have a lookup element that queries 'RecordType" for a record where DeveloperName == 'Client' and SobjectType == 'Account' to set the vaAccountRecordTypeID == id  HOWEVER it sets the variable as the 18 byte string and when I use it as part of my criteria for the Dynamic Choice it does not return any choices.  I then hard coded the 15 byte GUID for the RecordType id to the variable and it does find the record.  I really dont want to have to hard code this value.  I was also trying to see if there was a way to

Left(vaAccountRecordTypeID,15) in a text template to then set that as vaAccountRecordTypeID but had no luck getting that to work.

Has anyone found a way to overcome this shortcoming in VisualFlow.  It would be nice if you can just use the developername and SobjectType when defining the dynamic choice.

I've written a rather intricate flow which asks a number of questions from the user and then using APEX it creates a record to a custom object, based ont he user input.

The issue I face is that at the end of the Flow, I prompt the user to enter another record (against the same Master) and if they answer Yes, the Flow will repeat.  However, it retains all of the prior input.  Is there a way to clear all user input prior to repeating the flow?

Need Help.

I've written a rather intricate flow which asks a number of questions from the user and then using APEX it creates a record to a custom object, based ont he user input.

The issue I face is that at the end of the Flow, I prompt the user to enter another record (against the same Master) and if they answer Yes, the Flow will repeat.  However, it retains all of the prior input.  Is there a way to clear all user input prior to repeating the flow?

Does anyone know a good way to query and set the 15 byte RecordType ID in Flow to be able to assign it to a variable for use in a dynamic choice?

I have a lookup element that queries 'RecordType" for a record where DeveloperName == 'Client' and SobjectType == 'Account' to set the vaAccountRecordTypeID == id  HOWEVER it sets the variable as the 18 byte string and when I use it as part of my criteria for the Dynamic Choice it does not return any choices.  I then hard coded the 15 byte GUID for the RecordType id to the variable and it does find the record.  I really dont want to have to hard code this value.  I was also trying to see if there was a way to

Left(vaAccountRecordTypeID,15) in a text template to then set that as vaAccountRecordTypeID but had no luck getting that to work.

Has anyone found a way to overcome this shortcoming in VisualFlow.  It would be nice if you can just use the developername and SobjectType when defining the dynamic choice.