• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi.

Can you create a list of users in a public group without using SOQL?

Thanks.

A few questions:

I can get Dataloader to use database-config.xml file when running Dataloader from the command line -  and ONLY when the database-config.xml file is in the execution home folder.

Is this done by design to make it so developers can't write Java programs that call

com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner ?

Questions:

1. Is there a property can be used to designate the folder/location of the database-config.xml file within a Java standalone that uses com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner?

2. Is it possible to provision the data-config-Spring-beans and ProcessRunner uses when called by a Java method? Can this be done by creating a Spring Context on the local host?

Thanks.

em/Oakland

Hi. I'd like to pass parameter information into a apex:insert element. I've mocked up sort of what I'd like to do - which is to create a apex:parameter (something that in reality doesn't exist) and to populate that parameter from the actual page using a apex:property element (which doesn't exist in reality).  What I'd like to do is avoid creating mock_portlet1, mock_portlet2 etc. Thanks.

Template:
<apex:page controller="mockPortletController">
 <apex:messages />
<table><tr><td>
   <apex:insert name="mock_portlet" >
    <apex:param key="columnNo" />
   <apex:insert>
</td><td>
</td></tr></table>
<apex:page>

Page:
<apex:page controller="selectAllPortletDataController">
    <apex:composition template="myFormComposition">
    <apex:define name="mock_portlet">
        <apex:property key="columnNo" value="1"/>
    </apex:define>
        <apex:property key="columnNo" value="2"/>

</apex:composition>
</apex:page>

Define Parent Object:Foo with Standard Field "Name".
Define Child Object: Bar with Standard Field "Name" and Custom Field Lookup(Foo) (with Child Relationship Name Bars).
Define Grandchild Object: Ziff with Standard Field "Name" and Custom Field Lookup(Bar) (with Child Relationship Name Ziffs).

Background:

1. This queries the Parent Foo and makes elements of Bar visible:

Select Name,(Select Name from Bars__r) from Foo__c

2. This queries the Child Bar  and makes elements of Foo visible:

Select Name, Foo__r.Name From Bar__c where Foo__c  !=  null

3. These queries in the Grandchild work:

Select Name,  Bar__r.Name From Ziff__c

Select Name,  Bar__r.Name, Bar__r.Foo__r.Name From Ziff__c

I'm seeking a query on the Parent Foo, similar to #1, that makes elements of Bar and Ziff visible.

Thanks.

Hi.

This question has been asked before before - and answered - but not answered clearly.

After installing CMSForce2 - upon editing a contentblock this message occurs when the page is previewed:

Id value is not valid for the PageToItem__c standard control

The answer was:

The field level security was not set for the site to see the contentblock fields, just the object itself.

Which object is being referred to and how does one se the field level security on the contentblock fields and what should it be set to?

Thanks.

oakland

Hi. I'd like to pass parameter information into a apex:insert element. I've mocked up sort of what I'd like to do - which is to create a apex:parameter (something that in reality doesn't exist) and to populate that parameter from the actual page using a apex:property element (which doesn't exist in reality).  What I'd like to do is avoid creating mock_portlet1, mock_portlet2 etc. Thanks.

Template:
<apex:page controller="mockPortletController">
 <apex:messages />
<table><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></table>
<apex:page>

Page:
<apex:page controller="selectAllPortletDataController">
    <apex:composition template="myFormComposition">
        <apex:property key="columnNo" value="1"/>
        <apex:property key="columnNo" value="2"/>

</apex:composition>
</apex:page>

Can someone please point me to a tutorial that can give me a good idea of orgs, users, roles, profiles and tenants.

-Shri

Hi All,

I have to diplay the pdf in salesforce.  But we have to bring the pdf from the external server and display that pdf in salesforce. Can we able to accomplish this task by using SOAP, REST that is through integations ? If we can do this by intergration, then How to do it? If not what are the other way that we need to follow.

Thanks,

Nani.

Hi All,

my eclipse is working in outside my HP network but not working in my hp network.

for that i gave proxy settings as  web-proxy.corp.hp.com  8080  but it is not working  

now i am getting error as  connection refused.

so what is the problem?

am i need to raise request  to any body ? or what is the actual case?

Define Parent Object:Foo with Standard Field "Name".
Define Child Object: Bar with Standard Field "Name" and Custom Field Lookup(Foo) (with Child Relationship Name Bars).
Define Grandchild Object: Ziff with Standard Field "Name" and Custom Field Lookup(Bar) (with Child Relationship Name Ziffs).

Background:

1. This queries the Parent Foo and makes elements of Bar visible:

Select Name,(Select Name from Bars__r) from Foo__c

2. This queries the Child Bar  and makes elements of Foo visible:

Select Name, Foo__r.Name From Bar__c where Foo__c  !=  null

3. These queries in the Grandchild work:

Select Name,  Bar__r.Name From Ziff__c

Select Name,  Bar__r.Name, Bar__r.Foo__r.Name From Ziff__c

I'm seeking a query on the Parent Foo, similar to #1, that makes elements of Bar and Ziff visible.

Thanks.

I am trying to access the radio button value in JScript using 

var h = document.getElementById("{!$Component.wizpage.wizardForm.agmtInfo.ContractDetailsSec.whoSignFirstSection.whoSignFirstId}").value;
alert(h);

I am getting undefined . What might be the issue ? Please give some idea .

1. i am using proper id values while accessing .

2. There is no JavaScript error .

Many Thanks in Advance

Prakash

I am trying to export the User from SFDC to Sql Server database, I create the process-conf.xml, database-conf.xml and sdl file.  All the thing looks fine.  But when I run the command line to export the user record, it gives me the error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012-08-23 18:40:04,163 INFO [userExport] controller.Controller executeAction (Controller.java:119) - executing operation: extract
2012-08-23 18:40:04,163 INFO [userExport] action.AbstractAction execute (AbstractAction.java:115) - Loading: extract
2012-08-23 18:40:05,033 ERROR [userExport] database.DatabaseWriter writeRowList (DatabaseWriter.java:165) - Database error encountered while preparing row #2
r writing row #1 through row #11. Database configuration: insertUser. Error: Type not supported: java.sql.TimeStamp.
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Type not supported: java.sql.TimeStamp
at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.getSqlType(DatabaseContext.java:219)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.setSqlParamValues(DatabaseContext.java:190)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.writeRowList(DatabaseWriter.java:144)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some research I find the root cause is that the user's LastLoginDate is null.  Data loader may works as below:

1. the dataloader will query the SFDC User object, and retieve the records per the soql in process-conf.xml.

2. the Dataloader Jar package will mapping the data from SDFC to the Sql Server table per the sdl file

3. After Data loader does the mapping, it will do the data type conversion per database-conf.xml and insert the data into SQL Server.  the following statement used for the datatype conversion:

<entry key="LastLoginDate" value="java.sql.TimeStamp"/>

If the soql in step 1 query one user record with the LastLoginDate = null, then in Step 3, the jar package can't convert null to java.sql.TimeStamp.  So the error is raised.  that means if the user's LastLoginDate = null, it will break the process.

I have test it by filter the user records which LastLoginDate <> null.  all the users can be exported if his LastLoginDate <> null.

Did anyone face the similar issue beofre?  How can I export the user with the LastLoginDate == null?  

I know there is a workaround, firstly, to export the user's whose LastLoginDate <> null; secondly, export those LastLoginDate == null but exclude the LastLoginDate  from the soql..... But it is hard for me to maintenance.