• Solution Architect

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We're using activities to drive an Account "Status" and "Stage" both of which are custom fields. For Tasks, when a Task is completed, I have a trigger that automatically updates the Account "Status" and "Stage" based on the "Task" subject...so for example, when a Task is completed with a Subject of "Initial Needs Assessment Completed" my trigger fires and updates the Related Account "Status" to Qualified Prospect, and  "Stage" to Needs Assessment Completed.

Now, I need to accomplish the same thing on an "Event", so when the Event date and time pass, depending on the Event "Subject" the custom fields on the Related Account get updated as well. Now, I know using a trigger won't work per se, because you can't "Complete" an Event.

So...I'm told that using a time-based workflow is the way to go, but I'm not quite sure how to accomplish this and if a trigger is still necessary along with the workflow rule. Is it possible to have a cross object workflow update a field between an Event and an Account?

Any and all assistance on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

E

Hi All,

I am trying to essentially create a rollup summary on a parent lookup relationship.  I have seen lots of triggers out there that look WAY too complicated for me!  Essentially what I am trying to do is select a checkbox on the Opportunity record if there is at least ONE approved Deal (Approval Status = Approved on the custom object Deal related to Opportunity).

Is there an easier way to accomplish this other than a rollup trigger?  Unfortunately, I cannot switch this relationship to M/D, so I'm stuck with some sort of workaround.

Thanks much!!

Hello

Say a user 'John' has a role 'X' and is set as an Account Team Member for an Account (say ABC Corp), who has a contact 'Mark Twain' .

I want to pull the value of the username with a role 'X' in the Account Team of an Account, and then consequently display it in a custom text field CF__c in the Contact object.

In short, I want to display username of John in the CF__c of the contact Mark.

Is there a way using a formula, I can set the CF__c?

Thanks

Hi Ya,

I am trying to run a upsert operation using data loader for Campaign Object but its not available to select. Its only available for Export finctionality.

I can see the Campaign object when I connect data loader to the sand box environment. Please advise whether this is expected behavior.

I have around 1K records to be updated, so is there anyway I can run a upsert operation for Campaigns.

Please help.

Regards,

Dpat

• September 08, 2013

Hello,

I would like to pull an email address from a specfic contact on an account to a custom account field.  I think this can be accomplished by flagging a field on the contact and using that to pull the email address.  I am just not sure where to start.  Should this be a trigger or can this be done in a workflow?

Please let me know if you have a solution.

Thanks,

I want to import records for two different object (Account and Contact).
My requirement is that once I import contact, AccountId field should be linked with Imported account records.
Any one have idea how to do this?

I have a complex business requirement where I am exploring to create a custom contact object rather than using standard contact object. What all OOTB SFDC feature(like lead conversion etc) will I lose if I go for custom contact object?

Hi,

Can someone tell me why I do not see "Visualforce Pages" in the edit layout view of Accounts while I can see Visualforce Pages in the same view for Contacts? I can see Fields, Buttons, Custom Links, Related Lists, and Actions but no Visualforce Pages. How can I add a VF page on an Accounts record - I was neatly able to do so on Contacts but not on Accounts cause the option doesn't exist.

Thanks.

Ple  tell me , salesforce.com  is a open source or not ?  If open source  where i get the source code ?

thank u ,in Advance .

Is there an object for SetupAuditTrail that could be accessed via API?? or is the manual download through Your Name > Setup > Security Controls > View Setup Audit Trail the only option ??

Any help would be appreciated. 

I see there is a Best Practices discussion for this (http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Best-Practices-Discussion/Hiding-inactive-Contacts/m-p/60760#M4571) but What I would want to know is that, is it possible to hide the contacts based on a criteria based sharing rule from the owners of their parent accounts as well?

Contact OWD is private. I have a status field on Contact and I share only those Contacts with my org people if they are of status = Active.

But this sharing rule is overriden when I, am the account owner. I can still see the Inactive Contact if I am the owner of the account.

I tried to change the OWD for Contacts to Private AND Contacts under Accounts to Private as well but no use.

Can anyone please help me?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.   I am new to salesforce, visualforce and apex and am hoping that someone on the board can at least point me in the right direction for what I am attempting to do.

Intent:

1) Go to Customer Assets Tab

2) From Search list, select multiple accounts.

3) Click on a button labeled "Update Build Version"

4) From a picklist, change the version from x to y.

5) Save.

6) Selected Assets Build Version changed.

I started to look through the visualforce documentation but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I attempted to customize the code from:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/fundamentals/Content/adg_composite_app_create_mass_update_try_it_out.htm

I can see how it is supposed to work, but I know that I am missing several steps.  

Field Label: Build / Mod / Version

Object Name:  Customer Asset

Field Name: Mod_Version

Data Type: Picklist

API Name:  Mod_Version__c

Has anyone run into this?  I pass filter parameters via an annotated url to a report, and it works just fine for me, but if one of my users clicks the link with the same url, the parameter does not pass.  In fact, the filter that the parameter feeds disappears entirely from the report.

Any thoughts?

• June 13, 2013

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting set up here.  I created a Developer Edition account and from what I've read here in the forums I should have sample data, but there is none and I can't find a way to load any.  I've looked around in both the menus and the docs.  It seems that the sample data is linked to the organization template but I can't figure out how to set or change that, either.

Can someone please fill me in?

Hi All,

I have created a sharing rule for certain criteria.

How can edit it and change the previous criteria???

"share with" is not in editable mode.So how can I change this???

Thanks,

Vijay

Hi,

I want to send an email to key contact in account on last day of every month using time dependent workflow.

Email should have some formula fields included which are on account..

Will workflow solve my purpose?Or should i use Scheduler class?

Any suggestions?

I've created a summary report but would prefer to only show the summary lines and suppress the detail lines. Is there a way to do this?

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a couple seats for force.com Lite or Enterpirse. I have Salesforce Enterprise lisense already if I purchase force.com will these people who have these seats see the Account and Contact info from our live org?

Thanks,

SC

Is it possible to move a chatter feed/chatter data into a new org?

what is email services?  what operations that we can perform by using email services?how we can do that.

please dont gove any LINKS  to read.... i  need  explanation to understand

Is there anyway we can remove the Picture placeholder on the Contact screen? We normally don't require this on a Contact screen as we don't have contact pics. I tried in the User Interface but was unable to find any option to remove this picture.

Is there any way we can remove this Picture placeholder on the Contact screen? Let me know.

Appreciate your help folks!

Hello,

We're using activities to drive an Account "Status" and "Stage" both of which are custom fields. For Tasks, when a Task is completed, I have a trigger that automatically updates the Account "Status" and "Stage" based on the "Task" subject...so for example, when a Task is completed with a Subject of "Initial Needs Assessment Completed" my trigger fires and updates the Related Account "Status" to Qualified Prospect, and  "Stage" to Needs Assessment Completed.

Now, I need to accomplish the same thing on an "Event", so when the Event date and time pass, depending on the Event "Subject" the custom fields on the Related Account get updated as well. Now, I know using a trigger won't work per se, because you can't "Complete" an Event.

So...I'm told that using a time-based workflow is the way to go, but I'm not quite sure how to accomplish this and if a trigger is still necessary along with the workflow rule. Is it possible to have a cross object workflow update a field between an Event and an Account?

Any and all assistance on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

E

Hello,
I’m new to this and am really struggling to set up my service, so please bear with me. I’m trying to set up a saas that will allow up to 10 tenants, who can register with it upon reaching the login screen. During the registration they need to be able to input company name, logo, etc, which can then be displayed within the saas itself. I’ve been told I can do this on Salesforce but I can’t seem to figure out how, can someone clarify if this is indeed possible for me? And, if it is possible, what documentation I look at to learn how to do it?

Thank you for any help with this.

• April 02, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Case owner can't edit his own case once the status is set to “in progress with requester”. 
Is there any way we can give case owners rights, so that they can edit the case if it is set to “in progress with requester”?

Regards,
Rajiv
  • March 19, 2014

Hi experts ,

Can anyone tell us how we can track which report has been to click through and by who ?

Is there any statistics for reports?

Thank you

Sue

Hi, I have 4 required picklists on a detail page and each picklist has the values (1,2,3,4,N/A). At the bottom of the page, I have a text input field to hold the total sum of all 4 picklists. I want to add up the values of all the picklists and write it to a another input value on page when the user clicks save. Can this be done?

Hi All,

I am trying to essentially create a rollup summary on a parent lookup relationship.  I have seen lots of triggers out there that look WAY too complicated for me!  Essentially what I am trying to do is select a checkbox on the Opportunity record if there is at least ONE approved Deal (Approval Status = Approved on the custom object Deal related to Opportunity).

Is there an easier way to accomplish this other than a rollup trigger?  Unfortunately, I cannot switch this relationship to M/D, so I'm stuck with some sort of workaround.

Thanks much!!

Hi, does anyone have recommendations for a tool to create ERD from SFDC? We need to document objects, API names, primary key, and object relationships, etc.

I tried Schema Builder but doesn't seem to allow editing the text or display API Names.

Thanks!

Hi,

Is there a way to track the previous value of the Opportunity field even though field history tracking is not enabled for that field?

Eg: The Oppty field "Explanation" is having previous values as "XYZ" and if it is changed to "ABC".

Can we get the XYZ by any chance for this Oppty?

• September 24, 2013

Hello,

I'm currently moving some custom fields and custom object between two orgs using Eclipse.

Can anybody point me in teh right direction what coul dbe causing this error:

# Deploy Results:
File Name: objects/Account.object
Full Name: Account
Action: NO ACTION
Result: FAILED
Problem: lookupPhoneDialogsAdditionalFields 00Ni00000097A6q not found.

Regards.

I want to implement the solution described in Knowledge Article Number: 000003788 in regard to notifying account owners of activities logged against their accounts, but I am not sure on how to do this. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks

• September 11, 2013

How can i schedule dataloader and what are the main drawbacks of dataloader.............?

Hi Folks ,

Can anyone help me out 

How to share a Report folder to a user by giving read only access.

Thanks in Advance

• September 10, 2013

Does Salesforce Support HIPPA Compliance.

If Yes do we have any seperate DataBase where the data can be stored.

Hello

Say a user 'John' has a role 'X' and is set as an Account Team Member for an Account (say ABC Corp), who has a contact 'Mark Twain' .

I want to pull the value of the username with a role 'X' in the Account Team of an Account, and then consequently display it in a custom text field CF__c in the Contact object.

In short, I want to display username of John in the CF__c of the contact Mark.

Is there a way using a formula, I can set the CF__c?

Thanks

Is it possible to create a bar chart and table in the same component?. Something like a dashboard with joined components. If so, please let me know how.

Hi Ya,

I am trying to run a upsert operation using data loader for Campaign Object but its not available to select. Its only available for Export finctionality.

I can see the Campaign object when I connect data loader to the sand box environment. Please advise whether this is expected behavior.

I have around 1K records to be updated, so is there anyway I can run a upsert operation for Campaigns.

Please help.

Regards,

Dpat

• September 08, 2013

I am sure that many of us already asked this question: when custom built global functions will be supported/allowed in formula fields?