• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys,

I am starting with the SOAP API for Salesforce, and I have the following problem.

On this page I can see that there must be a setField method in sObject:

SObject account = new com.sforce.soap.partner.sobject.wsc.SObject();
account.setType("Account");
account.setField("Name","myAccount");
account.setField("XID1__c", "1");

But I don't see it in the Partner WDSL that I get in App Setup > API > Partner WDSL.

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com">
<import namespace="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com"/>
<!--  Dynamic sObject  -->
<complexType name="sObject">
<sequence>
<element name="type" type="xsd:string"/>
<element name="fieldsToNull" type="xsd:string" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<element name="Id" type="tns:ID" nillable="true"/>
<any namespace="##targetNamespace" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="lax"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>
</schema>

According to google, I am the only one who has this problem. Is there any chance that I do something wrong when I get the WSDL?

Hi guys,

I am starting with the SOAP API for Salesforce, and I have the following problem.

On this page I can see that there must be a setField method in sObject:

SObject account = new com.sforce.soap.partner.sobject.wsc.SObject();
account.setType("Account");
account.setField("Name","myAccount");
account.setField("XID1__c", "1");

But I don't see it in the Partner WDSL that I get in App Setup > API > Partner WDSL.

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com">
<import namespace="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com"/>
<!--  Dynamic sObject  -->
<complexType name="sObject">
<sequence>
<element name="type" type="xsd:string"/>
<element name="fieldsToNull" type="xsd:string" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<element name="Id" type="tns:ID" nillable="true"/>
<any namespace="##targetNamespace" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="lax"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>
</schema>

According to google, I am the only one who has this problem. Is there any chance that I do something wrong when I get the WSDL?