• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to write SOQL queries to retrieve Chatter posts. I dont see a Developer tab under my name. I am in my companys sandbox environment. It is a full Sandbox. How can I get Developer Console?

How can I get started to get access to my companys chatter database? What all do I need? I think the Chatter data is hosted by Salesforce. So do I have to contact Salesforce? Please help !!

How can I get started to get access to my companys chatter database? What all do I need? I think the Chatter data is hosted by Salesforce. So do I have to contact Salesforce? Please help !!

Hi I am trying to run the following query from the Developer Console's Query Editor, but I am getting the error shown below:

SELECT Id, Type, CreatedDate, CreatedBy.name, Body FROM NewsFeed WHERE Type= 'UserStatus' ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC, ID DESC LIMIT 10

I am getting the following error:

sObject type 'NewsFeed' is not supported.

I am actually trying to run the query from a web app using the following (authenticated using oauth2.0):

QueryResult results = connection.query("SELECT Id, Type, Body, Title, CreatedBy.Name FROM NewsFeed ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC, Id DESC LIMIT 20");

However that is giving exception message, that is same as above from Developer Console's Query Editor, and shown below.  Any help on what I am doing wrong.

exceptionMessage='sObject type 'NewsFeed' is not supported.'

• June 12, 2013