• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I have made a website using the free domain of site.com and I have used the default SiteLogin functionality which redirects to my custom visualforce pages on successful login. I am facing the following issues:-

1. As soon as I login, I want my user session to start unless I logout. While I am in my session, I want my respective Customer Portal username to be available as a global variable which can be used across all Visualforce pages. Is this possible? Even if I am able to maintain session for a single user, even that will be enough for me according to my requirements. 

2. I have made multiple Customer Portal users through SiteRegister visualforce page, but no matter which user logs in, current user is the default user and administrator of the force.com account. 
Can you please provide me a code through which after a user logs in, his session is maintained across all visualforce pages till he logs out. While he is logged in, the current user is the user who is logged and not the user of force.com developer account.

3. Since my homepage of my site is login page, I don't want users to access my other custom visualforce pages unless they are logged in. The problem is, I am able to successfully log in but all my visualforce pages can be accessed by just appending the URL of my Site.com domain irrespective of the fact that a user is logged in or not. I want my site to check if a customer portal user is logged in before providing access to all the visualforce pages in my website.

4. I also have a small doubt. Why isn't the Logout link displayed if I open the page through Site.com and is visible if I open by https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/ChangePassword? 

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

I have made a website using the free domain of site.com and I have used the default SiteLogin functionality which redirects to my custom visualforce pages on successful login. I am facing the following issues:-

1. As soon as I login, I want my user session to start unless I logout. While I am in my session, I want my respective Customer Portal username to be available as a global variable which can be used across all Visualforce pages. Is this possible? Even if I am able to maintain session for a single user, even that will be enough for me according to my requirements.

2. I have made multiple Customer Portal users through SiteRegister visualforce page, but no matter which user logs in, current user is the default user and administrator of the force.com account.
Can you please provide me a code through which after a user logs in, his session is maintained across all visualforce pages till he logs out. While he is logged in, the current user is the user who is logged and not the user of force.com developer account.

3. Since my homepage of my site is login page, I don't want users to access my other custom visualforce pages unless they are logged in. The problem is, I am able to successfully log in but all my visualforce pages can be accessed by just appending the URL of my Site.com domain irrespective of the fact that a user is logged in or not. I want my site to check if a customer portal user is logged in before providing access to all the visualforce pages in my website.

4. I also have a small doubt. Why isn't the Logout link displayed if I open the page through Site.com and is visible if I open by https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/ChangePassword?

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

I have made a website using the free domain of site.com and I have used the default SiteLogin functionality.

As soon as I login, I want my user session to start unless I logout. While I am in my session, I want my respective Customer Portal username to be available as a global variable which can be used across all Visualforce pages. Is this possible?

I have made multiple Customer Portal users through SiteRegister visualforce page, but no matter which user logs in, current user is the default user and administrator of the force.com account. 

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

I have made a website using the free domain of site.com and I have used the default SiteLogin functionality.

As soon as I login, I want my user session to start unless I logout. While I am in my session, I want my respective Customer Portal username to be available as a global variable which can be used across all Visualforce pages. Is this possible?

I have made multiple Customer Portal users through SiteRegister visualforce page, but no matter which user logs in, current user is the default user and administrator of the force.com account. 

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• June 30, 2013

Hi,

I have used the default SiteRegister page of Site.com to create a new Customer Portal User.

I would like to edit the details of this user. How can I do it through a Visualforce page?

My website uses the default SiteRegister page of Site.com for registering a user . I want a page where a user after logging in, can modify his details, like changing his username and password etc.

Pls. help!

• June 24, 2013

Hi,

I want to insert data into my custom object customer_details. The code runs perfectly if I run the visualforce page, i.e. at https://ap1.salesforce.com/apex/insert1 

but when I added this page to my site.com website, it does not display anything of the below code except my custom site template. Please help! 

Following is my code below:-

<apex:page id="Insert" showHeader="false" standardController="customer_details__c" title="Insert">
<apex:composition template="Template"></apex:composition>
<apex:define name="body">
<center>
<apex:panelGrid bgcolor="white" columns="1" style="border: 1px solid #E5E4E2;">
<br/>
<br/>
<apex:panelGrid width="758" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="white" columns="1" styleClass="topPanelContainer">
<br/>
<apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="topPanel">
<apex:panelGrid width="758" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="white" columns="2" style="border: 1px solid #E5E4E2;">
<apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.SiteSamples, 'img/clock.png')}"/>
<apex:panelGroup >
<br/>
<apex:outputText styleClass="title" value="{!$Label.site.user_registration}" style="font-weight:bold; font-size:15px;"/>
<br/>
<apex:form id="theForm" forceSSL="true">
<apex:pageMessages id="error"/>
<apex:panelGrid columns="2" style="margin-top:1em;">

<apex:outputLabel value="Community Name" for="Community_name__c"/>
<apex:inputText required="true" id="nickname" value="{!customer_details__c.Community_name__c}"/>
<apex:outputLabel value="Username" for="Username__c"/>
<apex:inputText required="true" id="username" value="{!customer_details__c.Username__c}"/>
<apex:outputLabel value="Password" for="Password__c"/>
<apex:inputSecret id="password" value="{!customer_details__c.Password__c}"/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save record"/>
<apex:commandButton action="Cancel" value="Cancel"/>
<apex:outputText value=""/>

</apex:panelGrid>
</apex:form>
<br/>
</apex:panelGroup>
</apex:outputPanel>
<c:SitePoweredBy />
</center>
<br/>
</apex:define>

</apex:page>

• June 22, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi

Pls. help!

• July 26, 2013

Hi,

I am new to VisualForce

Is there  any method for session management in Visualforce?

I am sending a HttpRequest from one controller  to some web server which is sending the response to some other controller (that it is redirecting to my direct_url which is a controller) due to this the data store in first controller is lost.

Is there any process to save the data from first controller and make it visible in the second controller.

Regards,

Afroz

Hi

Pls. help!

• June 30, 2013

Hi,

I want to insert data into my custom object customer_details. The code runs perfectly if I run the visualforce page, i.e. at https://ap1.salesforce.com/apex/insert1 

but when I added this page to my site.com website, it does not display anything of the below code except my custom site template. Please help! 

Following is my code below:-

<apex:page id="Insert" showHeader="false" standardController="customer_details__c" title="Insert">
<apex:composition template="Template"></apex:composition>
<apex:define name="body">
<center>
<apex:panelGrid bgcolor="white" columns="1" style="border: 1px solid #E5E4E2;">
<br/>
<br/>
<apex:panelGrid width="758" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="white" columns="1" styleClass="topPanelContainer">
<br/>
<apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="topPanel">
<apex:panelGrid width="758" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="white" columns="2" style="border: 1px solid #E5E4E2;">
<apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.SiteSamples, 'img/clock.png')}"/>
<apex:panelGroup >
<br/>
<apex:outputText styleClass="title" value="{!$Label.site.user_registration}" style="font-weight:bold; font-size:15px;"/>
<br/>
<apex:form id="theForm" forceSSL="true">
<apex:pageMessages id="error"/>
<apex:panelGrid columns="2" style="margin-top:1em;">

<apex:outputLabel value="Community Name" for="Community_name__c"/>
<apex:inputText required="true" id="nickname" value="{!customer_details__c.Community_name__c}"/>
<apex:outputLabel value="Username" for="Username__c"/>
<apex:inputText required="true" id="username" value="{!customer_details__c.Username__c}"/>
<apex:outputLabel value="Password" for="Password__c"/>
<apex:inputSecret id="password" value="{!customer_details__c.Password__c}"/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save record"/>
<apex:commandButton action="Cancel" value="Cancel"/>
<apex:outputText value=""/>

</apex:form>
<br/>
</apex:panelGroup>
</apex:outputPanel>
<c:SitePoweredBy />
</center>
<br/>
</apex:define>

</apex:page>

• June 22, 2013

Hello Folks,

We  are trying to build one simple website using force.com sites. Here user logged into website and need

to perform different actions by moving to different VF pages are facing a Problem to maintain Session

of particular user. We need help regarding how to maintain session for particular user.

Kindly give your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Phain

Created a website where User should be logged-in with his credentials and perform different activites by navigating to multiple visualforce pages.The problem here is mainatining Session of a particular User.

Can anyone assist..

Regards

Shruthi

Hi,

We have created one sample application using  force.com which having user login page with user authentication. The user should not access any other pages without authentication and after successful login user session should be  maintain throughout the application.

Is there any method or parameter which will help to maintain user session.

Is there something about the automatic page redirection to the login page if users are not authenticated? 
Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance.