• Salesforce Consultant
  • Galvin Technologies

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created a new custom field that is a replacement of an existing one.  The existing field is referenced in an Apex Class.  When I attempt to update the Apex Class with the new field API name I receive the following error:

Error: Compile Error: alias is too long, maximum of 25 characters

Has anyone seen this error before?  Any suggestions on how to correct it?

Thanks

• November 15, 2013

I have an existing field on the Account object that is a lookup to the User table.  I want to create a new custom Email field that will display the email address of the User shown in the existing lookup field.  Can this be done without creating an Apex trigger?

My ultimate goal is to create a Workflow Rule/Email Update that will send an email to the User shown in the existing field on the Account object.  The only way to do this without writing an Apex trigger is to have an Email field that the email alert can reference.

Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• October 03, 2013

Hello,

I am a new developer and working on my first coding project.  Here is my scenario:

I have a custom field on the Account object that I want to have populated with the contents of a field that resides on a separate custom object.  This update should happen anytime the custom object field is edited.

Here's another way of explaining it:

Account (Object 1)                                                                              Producer_Role_Code__c (Object 2)

Producer_Role_Codes__c (Field 1)                                              Role_Code__c (Field 2)

Anytime a new value is entered into Field 2, it should populate into Field 1.

Object 2 can have more than one Field 2 entry, so Field 1 will need to be able to display each Field 2 entry separated by a comma.

Additional info:

Object 2 is a related list on Object 1.

I have tried to make Field 1 a Formula(Text) field that pulls in the data from Field 2 but that did not work.

Any help/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• September 06, 2013

I am preparing to do a Schema change and I need to know how many fields have been created since the last Schema change in my organization.  I am looking for a way to create a list of all of my Custom fields and the dates they were created.  I am not concerned with the data in those fields, just the fields themselves.

I created a new custom field that is a replacement of an existing one.  The existing field is referenced in an Apex Class.  When I attempt to update the Apex Class with the new field API name I receive the following error:

Error: Compile Error: alias is too long, maximum of 25 characters

Has anyone seen this error before?  Any suggestions on how to correct it?

Thanks

• November 15, 2013

Hello,

I am a new developer and working on my first coding project.  Here is my scenario:

I have a custom field on the Account object that I want to have populated with the contents of a field that resides on a separate custom object.  This update should happen anytime the custom object field is edited.

Here's another way of explaining it:

Account (Object 1)                                                                              Producer_Role_Code__c (Object 2)

Producer_Role_Codes__c (Field 1)                                              Role_Code__c (Field 2)

Anytime a new value is entered into Field 2, it should populate into Field 1.

Object 2 can have more than one Field 2 entry, so Field 1 will need to be able to display each Field 2 entry separated by a comma.

Additional info:

Object 2 is a related list on Object 1.

I have tried to make Field 1 a Formula(Text) field that pulls in the data from Field 2 but that did not work.

Any help/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• September 06, 2013