• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have one last question maybe you could help me with.  For opportunities we have set up a few pick lists for products to choose from.  I tried creating a formula but it says I have 42,000 Characters even though it is only 3,200.  From my searches it shows that it is taking formulas and combining them which makes it more characters.  So my question is, is it possible to write a formula based off of a pick lists?  For example "If SKU__c  pick list contains GREENC than Opp_Description_1__c = Green Coffee, If Product Sku 2 = RKTVTL, Opp_Description_1__c = Raspberry ketone.  I have several pick lists on my opportunity, and if multiple are chosen I need the description to be added for all of them.  I hope I am making sense. Each pick list has several options. So something like this, but the Product Sku is a pick list

If SKU__c = GREENC than add Green Coffee to Description_1__c

If SKU__c = RBKVTL than add Rapsberry Keton to Description_1__c

IF Product_Sku_2__c = GREENC than add Green Coffee to Description_1__c

IF Product_Sku_2__c = RBKVTL than add Raspberry Ketone to Description_1__c

So on and so forth for Product_Sku_3__c, Product_Sku_4__c and Product_Sku_5__c.

There are approximatly 20 Sku's total in each pick list.

Thanks in advance.

• July 10, 2013

Hello,

I am new to SalesForce. We are trying it out to see if it is what we are looking for.  We have already created sku's on our website to pass through to SalesForce when a payment is complete.  I have set up an auto email to send to customers with their billing address, ammount etc.  What is throwing me for a loop is this. We have multiple sku's on our site as we sell hundreds of products.  What I am trying to do is add a description with the sku. So when customer "A" orders 1 Raspberry Ketone from our site right now it passes as 1:RBKVTL. I have this added to the email already. What I want to add is somethign like "If the sku shipped contains RBKVTL description is "Raspberry Ketone". But I need to do this for all of my products.  This is what I have so far:

IF(CONTAINS(Sku_Shipped_1__c, "green"), "Green Coffee", "Green Coffee") 

IF(CONTAINS(Sku_Shipped_1__c, "RBKVTL"), "Raspberry Ketone", "Raspberry Ketone")

This is obviously wrong as every email passes through "Green Coffee Rapsberry Ketone" no matter what they order.

Thanks in advance for the help, please be gentle with me :)

Sadie

• July 09, 2013

I have one last question maybe you could help me with.  For opportunities we have set up a few pick lists for products to choose from.  I tried creating a formula but it says I have 42,000 Characters even though it is only 3,200.  From my searches it shows that it is taking formulas and combining them which makes it more characters.  So my question is, is it possible to write a formula based off of a pick lists?  For example "If SKU__c  pick list contains GREENC than Opp_Description_1__c = Green Coffee, If Product Sku 2 = RKTVTL, Opp_Description_1__c = Raspberry ketone.  I have several pick lists on my opportunity, and if multiple are chosen I need the description to be added for all of them.  I hope I am making sense. Each pick list has several options. So something like this, but the Product Sku is a pick list

If SKU__c = GREENC than add Green Coffee to Description_1__c

If SKU__c = RBKVTL than add Rapsberry Keton to Description_1__c

IF Product_Sku_2__c = GREENC than add Green Coffee to Description_1__c

IF Product_Sku_2__c = RBKVTL than add Raspberry Ketone to Description_1__c

So on and so forth for Product_Sku_3__c, Product_Sku_4__c and Product_Sku_5__c.

There are approximatly 20 Sku's total in each pick list.

Thanks in advance.

• July 10, 2013

Hello,

I am new to SalesForce. We are trying it out to see if it is what we are looking for.  We have already created sku's on our website to pass through to SalesForce when a payment is complete.  I have set up an auto email to send to customers with their billing address, ammount etc.  What is throwing me for a loop is this. We have multiple sku's on our site as we sell hundreds of products.  What I am trying to do is add a description with the sku. So when customer "A" orders 1 Raspberry Ketone from our site right now it passes as 1:RBKVTL. I have this added to the email already. What I want to add is somethign like "If the sku shipped contains RBKVTL description is "Raspberry Ketone". But I need to do this for all of my products.  This is what I have so far:

IF(CONTAINS(Sku_Shipped_1__c, "green"), "Green Coffee", "Green Coffee") 

IF(CONTAINS(Sku_Shipped_1__c, "RBKVTL"), "Raspberry Ketone", "Raspberry Ketone")

This is obviously wrong as every email passes through "Green Coffee Rapsberry Ketone" no matter what they order.

Thanks in advance for the help, please be gentle with me :)

Sadie

• July 09, 2013