• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

The Company that I work for Migrated to Salesforce about 5 years ago.
When we did, We set up Outbound Messages in Salesforce to communicate with our In-house CRM.
(I wasn't included in the creation of the communication between the two systems, I just know it works and have a general knowledge as to where in the In-house CRM that the code for the sync is located. We use VB .net WebServices with .asmx files)

I have been tasked with updating the sync/communication between the two systems to include a new field that we added to Salesforce. (The Field Already exists in our In-house CRM, so it shouldn't be to hard.)

In Salesforce I went tot the Outbound messages to update the one that I want to update. (Setup --> App Setup --> Create --> Workflow & Approvals --> Outbound Messages.)
I looked at the fields, added the new one to the outbound message, went to save, and I got an Error saying:
 Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
You must enter a value

I don't know why the Outbound message won't save, everything is filled in. (I haven't changed anything except tried to add a field)
Note: If I open the Outbound Message to edit and click Save without making any changes I still get the above error.

My worry, is that if I change something other than just adding the field, that the sync/communication might stop working. (Which would be very bad.)

I contacted Salesforce support about this, and they sent me here.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks,
Myles Allen

Hi Community,

We are trying to create a new Site in both our production and sandbox orgs, but get the following error when trying to save - duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>. Salesforce support says that they do not support this, so thought i would put the question out there, any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Rudi