• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am trying to create a application that does data analytics of a Sales Force CRM user's contacts and leads. Basically I want to pull of the contacts and leads from the Salesforce CRM and send it via REST API to my server to do some analysis on the data. After the analysis is complete, I want to send the data back to the Salesforce CRM.

I heard that because Salesforce platform is a multi-tenant environment, there are limitations on how much CPU I can use at any one time. Is a cron job that sends the information over time the best approach? And also can anyone give me some pointers as to what code I need to write to achieve this? I am fairly new to the Salesforce platform but have a good understand of Apex.

thanks,

Nick

I am trying to create a custom controller some some visual force code inside of the accounts module. I want the user to be able to save some data that would be stored inside of the !$User table. The tutorial online only shows how to save and access data from Standard Controller. Can any help?

Here is my code:

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="MyController">
<apex:pageBlock title="Please Enter your info">
<apex:form >
<apex:inputField value="{!$User.info}"/> <p/>

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save key"/>
</apex:form>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

public class MyController {

private final User someuser;

#perhaps something in the next two line is incorrect

public IntellieventsController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.someuser = (User)stdController.getRecord();
    }
}

I want to create a custom app that whenever a CRM user accesses one of their contacts it will send a POST request to my external server. Is there a way to do this with just VisualForce or do I need to look into Apex programming.

thanks in advance.

I want to create a custom application that has an i-frame inside of the Salesforce contact tab. Basically whenever a CRM user accesses one of their contacts, they will see all of the usual fields from the Contacts tab plus my i-frame.

I tried editing the Contacts tab but was not able to figure out where to click to change the VisualForce.

Does Salesforce not allow me to edit their contacts tab? Do I need to create a custom tab inorder to add in the i-frame?

thanks in advance,

Nick

I want to create a custom application that has an i-frame inside of the Salesforce contact tab. Basically whenever a CRM user accesses one of their contacts, they will see all of the usual fields from the Contacts tab plus my i-frame.

I tried editing the Contacts tab but was not able to figure out where to click to change the VisualForce.

Does Salesforce not allow me to edit their contacts tab? Do I need to create a custom tab inorder to add in the i-frame?

thanks in advance,

Nick

I want to create a custom app that whenever a CRM user accesses one of their contacts it will send a POST request to my external server. Is there a way to do this with just VisualForce or do I need to look into Apex programming.

thanks in advance.

thanks in advance,

Nick