• -1 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Need customizations starting with a tie-in to our shopping cart system.  Specifically list product items in SalesForce, allow the sales rep to enter selections and variants, then post to our shopping cart system via RESTful JSON.  More projects to follow.

You can be located anywhere and work at your own pace.

Im thinking of using salesforce as the admin/CRUD portion for my online store.

I think I want to use salesforce as the product maker.

My problem is: I am worried about how cumbersome creating a product can be.

Here are the imaginary steps:

1. I have to make a Product Object.
  2. make a price object
  3. attach the product and price objects
  4. create a Product_Attribute object
  5. make a Store Attribute (color, size, dimension based attributes), then connect that to the Product_Attribute
  6. connect the Product_Attribute to the Product Object

The point is, If I want to create a product 'Mug' with different sizes, I would have to create 3 objects, and an object for each color.

Product

-Price

-Product Attribute

-----Attribute(red)

-----Attribute(blue)

-----Attribute(Green)

Keep in mind that we would have an hourly job that copies the products from salesforce to mysql, for use by the online store, existing outside of salesforce.

Do you think this is ridiculous?

Should I go with something more user friendly?

Any opinions?

Hi,

I am trying to build a ecommerce portal like ebay. I am using Sites with Customer Portal for authentication. However , I want my guest users to be able to browse entire site without logging in as well . In such a case do I need to expose every VF page as new Site?

Hi

I am new in salescforce.

I want to create ecommerce site using force.com site not using any provided in app exchnge.

I have a doubt how to manage guest users while shopping.

I read about customer portal but it will allow only authenticated users to do shopping.

What in case if i want guest user to do shopping as well , how will i manage session for guest users.

If any one can help me in this.

Thanks.

Looking for a Developer with extensive APEX and Visual Force experience for a very interesting eCommerce project. 

This would be a 1 project situation with potential for on going work for maintanence and other projects depending on how the first one goes. 

Must have extensive experience dealing with Custom Objects, webservice calls, chron jobs, eCommerce experience is highly desireable. 

This potential applicant will be heavily involved in explicitly documenting the development work completed. 

Ideal candidate would be located near Salt Lake city, but remote work is certainly acceptable so long that you are located in the Continental US.

For a client.  I cannot find much detailed info on this subject. I understand that it's feasible, and I see people posting messages that suggest they're doing it, but most of the posts are from 2009 and there is virtually no presence in the app exchange, either.

We already use a variety of customer portal license types and I think I understand the costs involved in B2C authentication.

I've gone through the various workbooks and have the Warehouse demo working and understand some of the additional functionality I'd need to add.  At the moment, it seems like an intriguing project to build this out for a client, but the lack of resources is giving me second thoughts. I've also looked at integration with Volusion, but they've taken down their SF integration and I can't find much on this topic either.

Recommendations on products or directions for further research would be greatly appreciated, even if it's to say do a weekly CSV import from a dedicated ecommerce platfform.  I'm a believer in salesforce, integration, and analytics, so I'm trying to tie this all together, but I want to find the best solution for the client.

Client is unsophisticated and has been using a bad turn-key solution for years.  Product catalog is about 500 SKUs in ten families.  New site has been designed in Illustrator and handed off to us to make it all happen.

Thanks!

We are planning to create an Ecommerce site by using force.com site

1) How many authenticated user allowed in the customer portal. Around 1000 users required for my Ecommerce site

2) I don’t required more than one user licence for Foce.com login.

Anyone can help me what would be the cost or which license have to go ?

Hey Folks,

I was looking on developing a sample ecommerce site using SIte Force. I did find a partner solution for this but i would love to do this on own using siteforce only.  So basically i have following two questions ?

1) Availibility Custom widgets for Paypal or other payment gateways. Where can I find them ?          

1.A ] -->  If there is None,  what are other ways to achieve it. The one I can see is adding paypal JavaScript API to files and uploading them.

2) Question 2 is also because of need of writing custom code and using custom query on custom data for all reasons. 

Description:- Currently siteforce exposes builtin data objects using data repeater elements. Data repeater elements in turn expose built in data object(Yes we can create new and custom). But I can only select certain fields in repeater view thus i cannot query multiple data sources. The solution I see is every time I need this I create a data view (object) and use it but don't feel comfortable with it since queries on data (much like SQL queries) are expected to change now and then.  

I would be highly grateful for the help.

Thanking you .

Love,

Nikhil

I am new to SalesForce and really do not have any experience with Apex Coding. My company wants to be able to automatically generate a Renewal Opportunity when Stage is set to Closed Won. We have a 7 Record Types for Opportunities ("New Sales : New Systems", "New Sales : Services Only", "Active Client : Renewal", "Active Client : New System", Active Client : Services Only", "Debook - Full", and "Debook - Partial") and out of those 7,  the first 5 would need to generate a Renewal Opportunity with a Record Type "Active Client : Renewal". I saw that there were a few blogs about cloning the opportunity but in my case that would not work due to the fact Record Type needs to change so does many of the fields. Also, I wouldn't need to map the Opportunity Products from the original Opportunity.

Please if anyone can help me. It's greatly appreciated!

Do we have to handle the payment/billing, or is the AppExchange handling that natively?  If it doesn't handle natively, is this planned?  I'm thinking of pushing a paid app on the exchange, but it's a B2C type app, and needs to be 100% ecommerce, including the purchase itself.  I'd prefer to not have to custom build an ecommerce integration and licensing platform to provide a truly paid-but-no-salesperson application.

If ecomm is built in, can someone point me toward the correct documentation for it?

I'm working with a client that is requiring shopping cart integration with salesforce. Does anyone know of an open source shopping cart that has the ability to integrate with salesforce? Thanks in advance.
  • October 14, 2009
Our company set up our login and shopping cart with OS commerce. We would like to incorporate Salesforce's customer portal, however I do not know if:

1) The login for either program will interfere with the other
2) One must be disabled to allow the other to function correctly
3) The login information gather from OS Commerce can be synched with leads and contacts in Salesforce
4) The customer portal can be synched to the shopping cart to allow us to keep information on what is purchased in Salesforce

I am obviously not familiar with prgraming language,a nd these questions are not typically asked of the salesforce customer service agents, so I am interested in really discovering what Sales froce can and cannot do in laymen's terms.

Thank you.

Im thinking of using salesforce as the admin/CRUD portion for my online store.

I think I want to use salesforce as the product maker.

My problem is: I am worried about how cumbersome creating a product can be.

Here are the imaginary steps:

1. I have to make a Product Object.
  2. make a price object
  3. attach the product and price objects
  4. create a Product_Attribute object
  5. make a Store Attribute (color, size, dimension based attributes), then connect that to the Product_Attribute
  6. connect the Product_Attribute to the Product Object

The point is, If I want to create a product 'Mug' with different sizes, I would have to create 3 objects, and an object for each color.

Product

-Price

-Product Attribute

-----Attribute(red)

-----Attribute(blue)

-----Attribute(Green)

Keep in mind that we would have an hourly job that copies the products from salesforce to mysql, for use by the online store, existing outside of salesforce.

Do you think this is ridiculous?

Should I go with something more user friendly?

Any opinions?

Hi,

I am trying to build a ecommerce portal like ebay. I am using Sites with Customer Portal for authentication. However , I want my guest users to be able to browse entire site without logging in as well . In such a case do I need to expose every VF page as new Site?

Looking for a Developer with extensive APEX and Visual Force experience for a very interesting eCommerce project. 

This would be a 1 project situation with potential for on going work for maintanence and other projects depending on how the first one goes. 

Must have extensive experience dealing with Custom Objects, webservice calls, chron jobs, eCommerce experience is highly desireable. 

This potential applicant will be heavily involved in explicitly documenting the development work completed. 

Ideal candidate would be located near Salt Lake city, but remote work is certainly acceptable so long that you are located in the Continental US.

For a client.  I cannot find much detailed info on this subject. I understand that it's feasible, and I see people posting messages that suggest they're doing it, but most of the posts are from 2009 and there is virtually no presence in the app exchange, either.

We already use a variety of customer portal license types and I think I understand the costs involved in B2C authentication.

I've gone through the various workbooks and have the Warehouse demo working and understand some of the additional functionality I'd need to add.  At the moment, it seems like an intriguing project to build this out for a client, but the lack of resources is giving me second thoughts. I've also looked at integration with Volusion, but they've taken down their SF integration and I can't find much on this topic either.

Recommendations on products or directions for further research would be greatly appreciated, even if it's to say do a weekly CSV import from a dedicated ecommerce platfform.  I'm a believer in salesforce, integration, and analytics, so I'm trying to tie this all together, but I want to find the best solution for the client.

Client is unsophisticated and has been using a bad turn-key solution for years.  Product catalog is about 500 SKUs in ten families.  New site has been designed in Illustrator and handed off to us to make it all happen.

Thanks!

We are planning to create an Ecommerce site by using force.com site

1) How many authenticated user allowed in the customer portal. Around 1000 users required for my Ecommerce site

2) I don’t required more than one user licence for Foce.com login.

Anyone can help me what would be the cost or which license have to go ?

Hey Folks,

I was looking on developing a sample ecommerce site using SIte Force. I did find a partner solution for this but i would love to do this on own using siteforce only.  So basically i have following two questions ?

1) Availibility Custom widgets for Paypal or other payment gateways. Where can I find them ?          

1.A ] -->  If there is None,  what are other ways to achieve it. The one I can see is adding paypal JavaScript API to files and uploading them.

2) Question 2 is also because of need of writing custom code and using custom query on custom data for all reasons. 

Description:- Currently siteforce exposes builtin data objects using data repeater elements. Data repeater elements in turn expose built in data object(Yes we can create new and custom). But I can only select certain fields in repeater view thus i cannot query multiple data sources. The solution I see is every time I need this I create a data view (object) and use it but don't feel comfortable with it since queries on data (much like SQL queries) are expected to change now and then.  

I would be highly grateful for the help.

Thanking you .

Love,

Nikhil