• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am using inputfield to populate picklist on my page but when I select a value and save its not binding, controller not able get value which is selected.

<apex:pageBlockSection  >
    <apex:inputField value="{!country.Languagecode__c}"/>
    <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
        <apex:CommandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
    </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> 
</apex:pageBlockSection>

public class CostomController{
public Country__c country{set;get;}
public CustomController(){
    country = new Country__c();
}
 public PageReference save(){

System.debug('selected value:' + country.Languagecode__c);
   return null;
 }

}
Above debug statement returning " selected value:null "

Hi,
  While reading about relationships in salesforce I found self relationship ( Lookup relation to same object) , so why this kind of relationship is required can anybody please explain with suitable scenario, and also please specify limitations of it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
  I am trying to create a SOAP project in Soup ui and while importing my partner WSDL am getting error saying " org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Use of undefined namespace prefix: xsd ". I got WSDL from setup-->Develop-->api--> partner WSDL (my org is test database),I have not even changed single line in WSDL. Is there any problem with test database?
Hi all,
This question asked by the interviewer , Here is the question in detail "For exmple you want to pull out/insert data from/to salesforce using data loader and you give credentials with security token , CSV file and hit corrensponding button ( like insert,update,delete.. ) now how data loader starts the process explain what are different phases ".

And another question is
"what is the stub you have used to cover code in test classes " here I answered " I used fake data in success and failure cases to cover code". He was not satisfied with my answer. In this question what is stub means and what are all techniques to cover code.
Hi ,

I started working with web services SOAP and Rest , In case of SOAP we can know what are the methods(resources) of custom web service by getting wsdl file but in case of Rest how to  know end point URI . For example I want to consume AWS rest web service so How I can consume it.
Hi ,
   I am new to SFDC, I have a doubt, in salesforce we can store data in standard & custom objects and we can directly access data into apex classes(Using SOQL,SOSL) . So why I need to go for database.com and how I can get data from database.com to salesforce

Hi all ,

I have controller and I written test class for that . It is covering 60% code but, I am facing following problem

I am able see how much % code covered , earlier if we click on percentage it used to show what portion code covered and not covered with different colors , but now its not coming So please help me where I can find that  .

Hi all,

I have two classes as follows

First one...

public class ClassOne{

public class ConeWrapper{

String s1 ;

String s2 ;

}

public static ConeWrapper classOneMethod(){

ConeWrapper  wrapper = new ConeWrapper();

wrapper.s1 =  'abc' ;

wrapper.s2 = 'xyz' ;

return wrapper;

}

}

Second one..

public class ClassTwo{

public class ConeWrapper{

String s1 ;

String s2 ;

}

public void methodTwo(){

ConeWrapper wrapper  = ClassOne.classOneMethod();

}

}

Now when I try to run second class am getting following error 

Save error: Illegal assignment from ClassOne.ConeWrapper   to ClassTwo.ConeWrapper  

So please help me ,is there any other way to do this ? 

Hi all , 

I have rest resource as follows

(Provider__c custome object contains first_name__c,last_name__c,provider_specilty__c fields)

@RestResource (urlMapping = '/Provider')
global with sharing class ProviderRestResource {
global class ProviderDetails{
String fName,lName,primarySpeciality;
}
@HttpGet
global static List<ProviderDetails> getProviderDetails (){
List<ProviderDetails> pList = new List<ProviderDetails>();
for (Provider__c p : [select first_name__c,last_name__c from Provider__c ]){
ProviderDetails pd = new ProviderDetails();
pd.fName = p.first_name__c ;
pd.lName = p.last_name__c ;
pList.add(pd);
}
return pList;
}
@HttpPost
global static List<ProviderDetails> searchProviderDetails (String s){

List<ProviderDetails> pList = new List<ProviderDetails>();
for(Provider__c p : [select first_name__c,last_name__c,primary_specialty__c from Provider__c where first_name__c =: s]){
ProviderDetails pd = new ProviderDetails();
pd.primarySpeciality = p.primary_specialty__c ;
pd.fName = p.first_name__c ;
pd.lName = p.last_name__c ;
pList.add(pd);
}
return pList;
}
public static testMethod void testProvider(){
getProviderDetails();
searchProviderDetails('s');
}

}

In this am getting nearly 70% code coverage so please help in improving test method to get 100% code coverage.

Hi all ,

I have custome object and rest web service to explore the object in database.com , I need to get that custome object fields using webservice into my sandbox .(I gone through rest api refference guide I am able to create a rest web service but  I am not able to get that in sandbox .)How to do that please give basic instructions step by step I am new to this concept

Hi all,

I have Request__c object , I overridden new , edit , view by createRequest  , EditRequest , ViewRequest pages respectively and in createRequest page I have button to create request and controller have createRequest() method in this method I created new request__c object  with required Fields like request_type__c .

EditRequest ,ViewRequest both are sharing same controller ManageRequestController

Now I need to redirect page to EditRequest from createRequest() so I written following code

PageReference pRef = new PageReference ('/' + request.id );

pRef.setRedirect(true);

return pRef ;

So this code is opening ViewRequest instead of EditRequest . I need to redirect to EditRequest so please help me in doing this..

Hi all,

I have Responses__c and Response_Type__c objects . Response_Type__c is parent to Responses__c . Now I have Response_Type__c Id so written Query as follows to get Response_type__c fields as well as Responses__c fields 

List<Response_type__c> rtList = [select id,name,(select id,name from responses__c) from Response_type__c  where id =: rt.id];

Now it raising error 

Error: TestController Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'responses__c' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

then I changed the query as follows

List<Response_type__c> rtList = [select id,name,(select id,name from responses__r) from Response_type__c  where id =: rt.id];

still the same error 

Error: TestController Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'responses__r' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

so please help me in resolving this. please explain what is root cause

Hi all ,

I have vf page with inputText ,selectlist,checkBoxes,selectRadio controlls now I need to disable or make readonly in single shot .( I mean if you want to disble a controll set disble = true , but in this case I need to have disable option in every controll )

Is there any other way to disable everything conditionally in single shot

Hi all,

I am working in eclipse kepler force.com ide , getting following error when I save or refresh program

Multiple annotations found at this line:
- Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName
cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor
- File only saved locally, not to server

Hi,

I am Trying to develop google form kind of form , So now my requirement is I need to display question and possible values ,based on type of Question (Like options may be in the form of radio button,checkbox,select List..etc) , my logic need to get question type (If type is radio I need to display possible values with raddio button) please help me in developing logic 

Thanks in Advance

sunil.

Hi all ,

I have controller and I written test class for that . It is covering 60% code but, I am facing following problem

I am able see how much % code covered , earlier if we click on percentage it used to show what portion code covered and not covered with different colors , but now its not coming So please help me where I can find that  .

Hi all,

I have Responses__c and Response_Type__c objects . Response_Type__c is parent to Responses__c . Now I have Response_Type__c Id so written Query as follows to get Response_type__c fields as well as Responses__c fields 

List<Response_type__c> rtList = [select id,name,(select id,name from responses__c) from Response_type__c  where id =: rt.id];

Now it raising error 

Error: TestController Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'responses__c' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

then I changed the query as follows

List<Response_type__c> rtList = [select id,name,(select id,name from responses__r) from Response_type__c  where id =: rt.id];

still the same error 

Error: TestController Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'responses__r' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

so please help me in resolving this. please explain what is root cause

Hi all,

I am working in eclipse kepler force.com ide , getting following error when I save or refresh program

Multiple annotations found at this line:
- Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName
cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor
- File only saved locally, not to server