• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, 
is there any process or apps in the salesforce to fit the following cases assuming users are out of office and has no access to the desktop?
1. Users may need to access to the salesforce via their ipad or mobile, because they may need to report some urgent cases or problems.
2. When the user report the urgent case, the support could see the location of the user, so that he could find the user immediately without asking the user.
3. When some user has too many tasks to do, he need to assign some tasks, which he could no finish, to some other users. Then he could user the mobile to do it.

Is it possible to create a custom link in a search result list? What I want is to remove the "Del" action link (I know how to do this) and replace it with a custom link "DNE" which will have an action attached to it that will create an activity logging that a call was received rom a DNE client. Basically, I want to save my reps the time of clicking into the record and logging an activity if they see the "Rep Do Not Engage" flag is true. Is this possible?

User-added image
Hello,

Can someone help me as to how i would trigger the following API JS script using a screen flow or visualforce page? 

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.omni_channel_dev.meta/omni_channel_dev/sforce_api_console_lightning_login.htm

I will add this as a Login Flow, so when a user logs in they click another button on the login flow and it automatically logs them into the Omni Channel as Available.
Keep getting "Choose a different report type. This one has no common fields with the other report types in this joined report." when trying to join with a custom object.
Hello,
We have a dashboard we would like to display on our office screen. No with MFA the session will time out. Is there a way around this or can a dashboard be displayed externally?
Hello, 
I am trying to create dynamic field visibility how ever the native filtering does not give me enough flexibility. Cant use CONTAINS, just equals or not equals.

If i select a certain value in a picklist field as i am creating a new record, i would like a flow (if x field contains such and such) to fill out another field with a value (true), so that the dynamic field visibility filtering then shows or hides the next boxes.

trust this makes sense.

thank you.

Hello,

We have a number of contacts that do not have tasks. Based on a field on the company of the contact we woudl like to create a task for the contact. woudl like to do it using apex so it runs without having to edit objects to get a workflow or process builder to run.

Thanks

We have a validation rule on our opportunities relating to the close date. this causes errors when converting a lead and creating an opportunity. is there a way to change the default close date and stage used when converting a lead?
We would automatacilly like to update the close date field on opportunities every day based on certain criteria in the opportunity. I understand this can be done with a Apex Schedule but would like some help in how to go about writing the code for this.

Thanks.
Hello,

We have email to case working well but we don't know when a new case comes in. We have tried using the "notify owner of new case" check box and using queues etc to no avail. Any ideas? We are on professional.
I have downloaded the files for a visual force calender from http://developer.force.com/codeshare/ProjectPage?id=a0630000002ahp6AAA. How do i get this on my visualforce page???
Is there a way to specify a picture to be rotated 90 deg when using apex:image in a vf page?
SF DEV's

I am trying to retrieve the Full Name of an Opportunities Contact in a VF page. I have {!Opportunity.Opportunity_Contact__r} right now but it brings up the Contact ID instead. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do?

Thanks,

Bryn Jones
I am trying to create a field that says whether a Contact has ever had an Activity with a certain value in the Subject Field of all Activities. 

For example: I want to know if the contact has ever had an Activity logged with the Subject Field "First Contact". So if Mary Doe has been called and the call was logged with the Subject Field as "First Contact" and later was called and the call was logged with the Subjct Field as "Sales Presentaion", on her Contact Page the field would say TRUE as she has had a activity with "First Contact".

But if John Doe was called and the Subject Field as logged as "Sales Presentation", and then called again and the Activity was logged with the Subject Field as "Closing" then the field would be "FALSE" as none of the Activities done with him had the Subject Field as "First Contact"

Thanks.
Bryn
I am trying to calculate the Last Activity Date for an activity that has a certain subject. For example: If John calls Mary on Jan 15 with the subject as a Follow Up and then calls Mary again on Jan 20 with the subject as Closing, I want my field to tell me that the last time John completed an activity as a Follow Up is Jan 15 not Jan 20 as the LastActvityDate formula would return.

Please help. I am thinking it would be IF(subject = Follow Up, LastActivityDate, NONE), but dont think it will work.
All,

I am trying to create a validation that says if the Status Changes to "Closed Won", or "Closed Lost", or "Closed Requote" the user mut validate that the close date and value of opportunity is correct.

I am trying to do this as when pulling reports, if the staff havent updated the date that it closed and the dollar value it closed at e get inaccurate reports.

Thanks, Bryn
I am trying to make a button that selects the value of the contact phone field below is the on clcik java script that i have but it coming up with SelectA;ll is not defined...This is for our phone system where we highlight a phone number with our mouse then press a button on our phone and it dials it.....but selecting is a waste of time just ned a button....

SelectAll('{!Contact.Phone}');

thanks bryn
I have created a custom object called trips...

This is for our sales guys for when they do a day trip.

What I am having trouble with is that I want to have multiple contacts assigned to the trip, and then contacts assinged to multiple trips.

I can create the related list through setup>customize>contacts>feilds>new feild>lookup and then add the contact to the trip throught the feild on the contact page. But that means that the contact is only related to one trip...

Is there a way to do what i want to do?

Bryn
I have a SOQL query from rollup helper and want to use it in a VF page.

the query is SELECT Opportunity__c , ExpectedRevenue FROM Opportunity WHERE isDeleted = false AND closedate = THIS_MONTH

this sums up the amount of the closed opps and i wnat to use it to show on a VF page.

Please help

Bryn
How is it best to embed another Salesforce Page in my Visualforce page that will automatically adjust its height to fit the the contents of the page being embedded.

Iframe doesns't support it nor does embed (which uses anoyying scrollbars!)

Is there an alternative solution??

Bryn
I have my standard controller as Contact.

The below comes up with 'Error: Invalid field ShippingAddress for SObject Account'

<apex:outputtext Value="Address: {!Contact.account.ShippingAddress}"/> 

But when i use a custom field such as NOC__c instead of ShippingAddress it works fine!!

Please help
I would like to display the total value of all opportunities closed this month in a visual force page. I am having troubling figuring out how to write the code for this...

Bryn
Is there a way to specify a picture to be rotated 90 deg when using apex:image in a vf page?
I am trying to make a button that selects the value of the contact phone field below is the on clcik java script that i have but it coming up with SelectA;ll is not defined...This is for our phone system where we highlight a phone number with our mouse then press a button on our phone and it dials it.....but selecting is a waste of time just ned a button....

SelectAll('{!Contact.Phone}');

thanks bryn
I have set “Notify default case owner” . How does this notification work ? I do see the newly created cases from email in SF, and they are also assigned to me. But I do not get a notification in my email so that I can check the salesforce portal for new cases.
Also the case creator does not receive a notification of the case creation.

I tested the salesforce deliverability and got all the 48 emails as noted. I can also test each individual Template “Case creation” or “case assignment” and do get a test email. But when the case is automatically created nothing happens.

I have a custom object called Questions. This object has a lookup to itself because a question can have additional questions which depend on their parent question. We need to insert 200+ at a time so I wrote an apex class that simply inserts the collection given to it:

global with sharing class QuestionRestController{
   global class RequestBody {
       global List<Question__c> questions;
   }

@HttpPost   
    global static List<Question__c> createBulk(QuestionRestController.RequestBody req) {
        insert req.questions;
        return req.questions;
    }
}

I get this error: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 94; first error: INVALID_FIELD, Foreign key external ID: 966.0 not found for field MyExtId__c in entity Question__c no matter what I try.

I figured I could sort the questions before sending the request so that the parent questions are always inserted first but I still get the errors. I've added debug statements so I could verify the order of the questions prior to inserting and they are ordered correctly. I've also tried to insert each question by itself:

for (Question__c question: req.questions) {
    insert question;
}

But then I get a System.LimitException because I'm sending 200+ questions.

So what is the proper way to insert a list of custom objects which have a lookup to itself when the parent and child are both being inserted with the same request?

Thanks
I have created a custom object called trips...

This is for our sales guys for when they do a day trip.

What I am having trouble with is that I want to have multiple contacts assigned to the trip, and then contacts assinged to multiple trips.

I can create the related list through setup>customize>contacts>feilds>new feild>lookup and then add the contact to the trip throught the feild on the contact page. But that means that the contact is only related to one trip...

Is there a way to do what i want to do?

Bryn
I am trying to duplicate the new event button code to deploy to our appointment setters so as to rename the event button. Does anyone know the code for create new event in activities? 
Can one make a living from building apps for the Salesforce AppExchange market, as an independent developer?
Hi,
I have custom object Target.we are created custom visualforce page and assigned to Target Tab.We used custom visualfoce for targert because we have lot of  validation during record save and page layout implemention according to product selected.

Example : Assiged Visaulforce CreateTarget to target tab (/apex/CreateTarget).Now business want to create clone button on created visualforcepage (CreateTarget).Is there any API for Clone or Idea? 

Please help on create custom clone button on visualforce page?
Hi

Hope you are doing good!

I need some help with 'campaign management'. Is there a way around to automatically capture (rather than manually update) the 'campaign member status' ie whether 'sent' or 'responded' based on the mass mail targeted at the campaign members?

What we are doing right now is that we are first defining the campaign and campaign members for the leads. Then we are using the 'mass mail leads' feature to launch a specific mail to this group. And at the moment, once some prospect replies to the mail shot, we have to manually update the 'campaign member status' to 'responded'. This is where we need help to know if there's any way of doing this in an automated fashion.

Even if there's some new approach altogether to launching the campaign and mass mail that helps us automate this, it would be highly useful.

Please help.
Hi,

We have customer portal, where user sign up and uses the portal. in some case, when the user closes the window and try to access customer portal in the same browser, it is loading only the VF template but not the page. The session of the user is not timed out and it behaves this way, if the user session timeout(it is 30 minutes), then the user is able to login successfull. else after login it loads only the template.

i tried adding a javascript and do the login and a page reference to go back to the last left page but it is not happening.

did anyone faced this issue?

Hi Team,

can you please help me,
i receive an error message :
Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change.

for my custom button:
/00T/e?who_id={!User.Id}&retURL=%2FContact.Id&RecordType=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&ent=Task&tsk5=Validate Contact&tsk4={!DATE( YEAR(TODAY()),month( TODAY()),DAY(TODAY()+7))}&tsk2_lkid={!Contact.Id}&tsk2={!Contact.Name}&save=1&retURL={!Contact.Id}

the task should be saved with the prepopulated fields once clicked on the button,  but i've seen in several posts that save=1 stopped working.
Can any body please advise how to put the above into Javascript / onclick JavaScript custom button?

thanks in advance,
agi
  • January 27, 2014
I have my standard controller as Contact.

The below comes up with 'Error: Invalid field ShippingAddress for SObject Account'

<apex:outputtext Value="Address: {!Contact.account.ShippingAddress}"/> 

But when i use a custom field such as NOC__c instead of ShippingAddress it works fine!!

Please help
I would like to display the total value of all opportunities closed this month in a visual force page. I am having troubling figuring out how to write the code for this...

Bryn
As part of the approval process for our sales team I'd like to assign a quote to a queue to enable easy management of people who are able to approve the request.

Looking at the list of available object type however, Quote isn't one of them.

Do I have to assign each user 1 by 1 or is there a way to assign quotes to a queue?
Hello.

I have VF Page in Salesforce Classic in Andorid. I need to close that VF Page after saving the Records and go to Previous Record.

am using the Java Script functionalties provied in Salesforce Help Page to achive this, but its not working and give me the Error of Web page at Mobileforce:///Close migh be temprorily down or it may have moved Permanently to a new web Address.

Here is the link : https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_mobile_javascript_library.htm 

any help is appreciaed.

Thanks.
  • January 24, 2014
I am trying to create a custom button similiar to log a call. I am lost. I need to figure out the beginning of the code. So when a rep hits Schedule a callback it pops up a window with a calendar which they can then choose and it logs an activity!!! Please Help. Beginner Force.com user. Thank you