• PROS

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am preparing for dev 401 certification and need study material. 

Thanks 

Hello, I spend a lot of time in search how to use the rest api, but only i find information to use the rest api with oAuth, but in dont want to use oauth, i want to type the username and password in the code and this is all, i want to make an app where the client dont see any rest api comunication, I mean execute the apex code in background.

I find a code in http://208.69.57.141/index.php/2011/05/using-the-salesforce-rest-api-with-javascript-and-jquery-in-visualforce-pages-using-apex/#comments

But show me a error [{"message":"Session expired or invalid","errorCode":"INVALID_SESSION_ID"}]

Thanks

• September 08, 2011

Okay,

I'm feeling incredibly stupid here. I've been using a Apex Class to handle a lot of the calculations for a page. This works and it also incredibly slow. There are multiple inputs with each one requiring a series of calculations and partial page re-renders. This causes a lot of slow down with all the client -> server communication.

So, I'm switching to Javascript. I've had some success with all the references and websites out there. I've successfully updated all the calculations that are done on InputText and InputField components. My issue is that this doesn't seem to work on OutputText and Outputfields.

Here's a quick example. It's more complex than this but really simply I'm having a javascript function populate InputFields, OutputFields and OutputText after the function is called.

<apex:page id="thepage">
<script type="text/javascript">
	function jsUpdateFields(){
		var vnum = 10;
		var vdollar = 5;
		var vtext = 'hello';

document.getElementByID('{!Component.thepage.theform.thepageblock.InputField}').value = vnum;
		document.getElementByID('{!Component.thepage.theform.thepageblock.OutputField}').value = vdollar;
		document.getElementByID('{!Component.thepage.theform.thepageblock.OutputText}').value = vtext;
		return false;
	}
</script>
	<apex:form id="theform">
		<apex:pageblock id="thepageblock"
			<apex:inputfield value="{!Myobject.MyNumber__c}" id="InputField" />
			<apex:outputfield value="{!MyObject.MyCurrency__c}" id="OutputField" />
			<apex:outputtext value="{!MyObject.CustomText__c}" id="OutputText" />
		<a href="#" onclick="jsUpdateFields()">Run Javascript</a>
		</apex:pageblock>		
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

What happens: The inputfields update perfectly. The outputField and OutputText have no updates. If I change those components to inputs they work fine.

Here's the thing I don't want to have those to be inputs.

I've also tried using an apex function that calls the javascript function and then rerenders an outputpanel where my output fields are located. This also doesn't seem to work.

help! and thank you

HI all

i'm planning to do sfdc dev401 exam by next week. please give me some useful sites to prepare

Hi All,

I have created a Record Type for Opportunities. I have decided against using a Record Type so I now want to delete it.

I clicked Del and it lists the profiles that are using the RT. I have edited each profile, resetting the Record Type back to Master.

This works except for Standard Platform User. This profile does not have an option to set the RT for the Opportunities object. Opportunities is not listed at all for this profile.

I am now stuck with an unwanted RT. I can't delete it as SF says the profile is using it as the default.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Andy

Hi Everybody,

I need to take a test in DEV 401. Could anybody provide me sample questions to practice.I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Neeru.

Hi,

I want to do salesforce certification Dev 401 and DEV 501. We are partners of Salesforce, so can anybody tell me the exact price of the certification ?

Any pointers on these is highly appreciated.

Thank You,
Yash