• 5 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We've used the Apex Data Loader 9.0 to automate the import of new Lead records being provided by an external vendor in a CSV file. A Lead Assignment Rule has been specified for the automated import, and it correctly assigns the leads to the appropriate queues in Salesforce.com.

However, the only thing that doesn't happen is a notification email to the members in the queue that new leads have been assigned to their queue, even though this option is selected in the Queue setup.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the email notifications sent to the queue after an automated import with the Apex Data Loader using Lead Assignment Rules?
I'm executing the following query in an S-control:

Select w.Id,(Select Id From WOAssign__r) From WorkOrder__c w Where w.ID = '{!WOAssign__c.Work_OrderId__c}'

How do I extract the "WOAssign_r" records into a JavaScript array? I can't figure it out.
I'm trying to set up a batch upsert process to run automatically in Windows, but I can't seem to get the command line syntax for "process.bat" correct. Here is what I have tried:

C:\Onvia>c:\dataloader\bin\process ../config onviaLeadUpsertProcess

which is (I think) the syntax in the Apex Data Loader documentation, but the command line gives me the error message:

The system cannot find the path specified.

But when I run just:

C:\Onvia>c:\dataloader\bin\process

it outputs the instructions embedded in the "process.bat" file. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the "process.bat" command to work?

I've created a very simple Outbound XML Message for the Account object that only sends the Id,  Name, and Sysmodstamp. Whenever I trigger it, I get this error in the Outbound Message Delivery Status Page:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Processing instructions are not allowed within SOAP messages

I have no idea what this means, or why it thinks there are any kind of "processing instructions" in my SOAP message.

Am I missing something obvious?
Twice now, I've installed and uninstalled Outlook Edition 3 (on 2 separate user accounts in Windows), and the uninstall process has erased all of my stored passwords in Windows (such as the password to my POP3 e-mail address). I went through the Microsoft Knowledge Base article to correct the problem, but it doesn't seem to help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275465

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Outlook Edition before?

CRM manager, LLC is a fast-growing Salesforce.com partner based in Malvern, PA. We are seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Consultant / Project Manager position in the Philadelphia Metro Area. Details of the position are as follows:

Consult with and support clients to ensure successful use and administration of Salesforce.com.  Duties include but are not limited to:

• Project management
  • Business process consulting
  • System design and implementation
  • Training of end users and administrators
  • Creating custom reports/analytics
  • Migration of legacy data
  • Integration of other systems with salesforce.com
  • Custom development to enhance out-of-the-box platform capabilities

Qualifications Required:

• BA/BS
  • 2+ years of consulting, project management and/or sales operations experience
  • Understanding of business processes and workflows, as it pertains to CRM industry
  • Experience working with databases
  • Self-starter who can multi-task
  • Strong leadership abilities
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.)

Qualifications Desired:

• Experience with a field deployment or consulting with salesforce.com
  • Training experience
  • Advanced Excel Skills
  • Experience developing web-based applications using client-side and server-side technologies

Reply to: Mimi Wilder
Director of Client Services
Email: mimi.wilder@crm-manager.net
Phone: (610) 889-2050
Fax: (610) 388-3299
7 Great Valley Parkway, Malvern, PA 19355
www.crm-manager.net

Message Edited by AlexCRMmanager on 05-03-2007 11:36 AM

Message Edited by AlexCRMmanager on 05-07-2007 08:17 AM

I'm having trouble figuring out the right syntax to get the following data using a SOQL relationship query:

Product Code, Quantity, Total Price, Product Name

from Products and Opportunity Line Items

for a specific OpportunityID

Can anyone tell me how I need to write my SOQL query to get this data?

Many thanks.....

Does anyone else have problems viewing the messages in these forums in Firefox? When I view a message thread from these forums in FF 2.0, The text in the messages is partially hidden in the HTML table cells. I have to go to the printable view to read the entire text of the messages.

When I view it in IE 7, it wraps the text just fine in the table cells.

Is this a know issue, or am I missing something obivous?

When I try to run the following code on an Opportunity that has only a single Opportunity Line Item product, my for loop doesn't execute because '[queryresult].records.length' comes back as 'undefined'.

However, if I run the code on an Opportunity that has more than one Line Item, it all works fine, and the for loops execute properly. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in the Ajax Toolkit method 'records.length'?

Code:
var oppLineItemQuery = sforce.connection.query("Select Id, OpportunityId, PricebookEntryId, ServiceDate, ListPrice, UnitPrice, Quantity from OpportunityLineItem where OpportunityId = '" + parentOppId + "'"); 

oppLineItemList = oppLineItemQuery.records; 

document.write(oppLineItemQuery.records.length+"<BR>"); 

var examOrderItemArray = new Array(); 
for(var i = 0;i<oppLineItemQuery.records.length;i++) 
{ 
oppLineItems = oppLineItemList[i]; 
var examOrderItem = new sforce.SObject("OpportunityLineItem"); 

examOrderItem.set("OpportunityId",examOppID); 
examOrderItem.set("PricebookEntryId",oppLineItems.get("PricebookEntryId")); 
examOrderItem.set("UnitPrice",oppLineItems.get("UnitPrice")); 
examOrderItem.set("Quantity",'1.0'); 

examOrderItemArray.push(examOrderItem); 
} 

document.write(examOrderItemArray) 

try { 
var examOrderItemSaveResults = sforce.connection.create(examOrderItemArray); 
} 
catch(error) 
{ 
sforce.debug.log(error.faultcode); 
sforce.debug.log(error.faultstring); 
}

I have a custom button on the Opportunity record that executes the following s-control:

Code:
function redirect()
{
parent.frames.location.replace('/{!Opportunity.Id}/e—clone=1&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&opp3={!Opportunity.Name} - Exam Order&00N50000001MsKI=1&cloneli=1&save=1');
}
redirect();

The problem is that this URL with the "&save=1" parameter updates the existing Opportunity instead of creating a new one. Does anyone know what parameter I need to pass in the URL to make it save a new Opportunity record?

Message Edited by AlexCRMmanager on 05-07-2007 12:36 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions/code examples of how we could get all of the Product Line Items from an Opportunity into an Email Template?

Thanks,
Alex S.
REALLY hoping someone can provide a simple solution for this question - we have a client who needs to have their CTI Adapter show a new Lead record (with the Phone field populated with the ANI of the caller) if no match is found in their org. Also, they need to be able to access custom fields on the Call record while the call is in progress. Does anyone know if this is possible with the CTI Adapter?
Hi,

I need some help regarding creating and hiding username and password fields on an account without creating new profiles.

Our solution already has >20 profiles and if I would create a new profile for each user that should have access to these new fields, I need to create at least 10 more.

I thought about hiding the username and password for all users except the sysadmin and then create a Formula field (text) which shows the information based on a checkbox in the userrecord.

IF( $User.Password_active__c = true, Password_c , ""), i.e. shows the content of the field "Password" if the checkbox is marked, otherwise it shows nothing.

Is there another way of doing this, and are there any security implications of this approach that I should know of?

Thanks,
Joakim

• October 30, 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve the url of an s-control from a homepage component using the s-control merge field
Below is the javascript:

function showQuoteWindow()
{
        var scontrolid = "{!$SControl.TF__Online_Company_Profile}";
       alert("scontrolid : " + scontrolid);
}
It doesn't seem to resolve the s-control merge field.

I'm able to retrieve the url when the merge field is included in a s-control called from the accounts detail page.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My problem is
Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [HTTP] Could not connect to host in /***/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php:113
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__doRequest('<?xml version="...', 'https://www.sal...', '', 1, 0)
#1 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call('login', Array)
#2 /***/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php(113): SoapClient->login(Array)
#3 /***/test.php(7): SforceBaseClient->login('username@domain...', 'mypassword')
#4 {main} thrown in /***/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 113

Settings:
Apache/1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP 5.2.1

curl
cURL support  enabled 
cURL Information  libcurl/7.16.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.3 

openssl
OpenSSL support  enabled 
OpenSSL Version  OpenSSL 0.9.7e-p1 25 Oct 2004 

soap
Soap Client  enabled 
Soap Server  enabled 
Directives
soap.wsdl_cache 1
soap.wsdl_cache_dir /tmp
soap.wsdl_cache_enabled 1
soap.wsdl_cache_limit 5
soap.wsdl_cache_ttl 86400

php.ini
allow_url_fopen = On

Same script is working from my local computer (apache 2.2, php 5.2.3 on windows) with exactly same settings.
I don't see any requirement about Apache version as long as PHP 5 works but it is the only difference beside windows - unix?

Thanks for helping!

Suat

I'm trying to set up a batch upsert process to run automatically in Windows, but I can't seem to get the command line syntax for "process.bat" correct. Here is what I have tried:

C:\Onvia>c:\dataloader\bin\process ../config onviaLeadUpsertProcess

which is (I think) the syntax in the Apex Data Loader documentation, but the command line gives me the error message:

The system cannot find the path specified.

But when I run just:

C:\Onvia>c:\dataloader\bin\process

it outputs the instructions embedded in the "process.bat" file. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the "process.bat" command to work?

I've created a very simple Outbound XML Message for the Account object that only sends the Id,  Name, and Sysmodstamp. Whenever I trigger it, I get this error in the Outbound Message Delivery Status Page:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Processing instructions are not allowed within SOAP messages

I have no idea what this means, or why it thinks there are any kind of "processing instructions" in my SOAP message.

Am I missing something obvious?
Twice now, I've installed and uninstalled Outlook Edition 3 (on 2 separate user accounts in Windows), and the uninstall process has erased all of my stored passwords in Windows (such as the password to my POP3 e-mail address). I went through the Microsoft Knowledge Base article to correct the problem, but it doesn't seem to help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275465

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Outlook Edition before?
Hey Everyone,

I have a custom link that will create a new custom object record called sales credit. After the link has been pressed and the user enters information and saves the record, I want the user to be directed back to the opportunity he/she created the sales credit from. I've created the following link however it doesnt seem to work correctly. Any ideas?

Code:
https://na3.salesforce.com/a03/e—CF00N50000001SiGJ={!Opportunity.Name}&CF00N50000001SiGJ_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&00N50000001SiG3={!Opportunity.Booked_Amount__c}&00N50000001SiGI={!Opportunity.Margin_Dollars__c}&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}

• April 10, 2007
I'm having trouble figuring out the right syntax to get the following data using a SOQL relationship query:

Product Code, Quantity, Total Price, Product Name

from Products and Opportunity Line Items

for a specific OpportunityID

Can anyone tell me how I need to write my SOQL query to get this data?

Many thanks.....

What constitutes an API call as far as Rate Limiting calculations?  For example are:

- Downloaded APPEXCHANGE Application (some of which may use API calls)?
- Client Applications like Outlook Edition and Offline Edition?
- Outbound messaging?
- AJAX/Scontrols?

Message Edited by shapoor on 03-01-2007 07:16 AM

I have a custom button on the Opportunity record that executes the following s-control:

Code:
function redirect()
{
parent.frames.location.replace('/{!Opportunity.Id}/e—clone=1&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&opp3={!Opportunity.Name} - Exam Order&00N50000001MsKI=1&cloneli=1&save=1');
}
redirect();

The problem is that this URL with the "&save=1" parameter updates the existing Opportunity instead of creating a new one. Does anyone know what parameter I need to pass in the URL to make it save a new Opportunity record?

Message Edited by AlexCRMmanager on 05-07-2007 12:36 PM