• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I have a long list of unresolved emails that I want to 'resolve' using the data loader if poss.  The issue is that I am not sure exactly what goes on in the back end when I do this and I don't want to create a bunch of junk.  My assumption is that on the activity record the status changes, the subject changes (so it is no longer UNRESOLVED...) and the contact ID is associated - but is this it?

If anyone has any insights into the actual unresolved items resolution process and the underlying data structure that would be super helpful.

Many thanks!

Hi there,

We have all of our employees as contacts in SFDC.  What we would like to do is create a custom link that will create a new user record and prepopulate the user fields with fields from the employee. 

Can anyone tell me please what the field ids are for the user object - or suggest another way to do this?

Thanks!

Which kind of object is MyUnresolved Items?. I have a custom object called Candidates__c which has Main_Email__c as one of the fields, the problem is that when a Salesforce user(User with an account in salesforce) receives an email from a Candidate and the Salesforce user autoforwards the Email to salesforce using the Email to Salesforce generated url, the email is saved under the Unresolved Items, Is it possible to automatically assign the email to the specific custom object 'Candidates__c', lets say using a trigger which gets fired on 'after insert'. Anyone with an idea on how to go about this?!!

I have read in numerous places that as of Summer 07 Apex is only GA in Developer and Unlimited Edition accounts.  However, a friend is telling me it is possible as of Summer 07 to develop Apex in a DE account and deploy it to an Enterprise Edition account?  Is this possible?  If so, where is this process described?  Thanks
Hi there,

We have all of our employees as contacts in SFDC.  What we would like to do is create a custom link that will create a new user record and prepopulate the user fields with fields from the employee. 

Can anyone tell me please what the field ids are for the user object - or suggest another way to do this?

Thanks!
Hello,

I would like to be able to save the attachment when sending an email from the activity history.

Any ideas.

Thank You.
I know I can hide or show standard buttons that belong to the details page, customizing the page layout of the custom object, but I can't find the way to hide the "save and new" button that appears when I click the "new" button to create a new record of a determined object.

Therefore, I was triying to do it with an s-control and javascript code.
I thought I could do it from a "new record" s-control I wrote to override the url created when clicking the "new" button, but then I realized that in that point the "new record" page doesn't exist and so does not the button I wanted to hide.
Anyway, the code was:

<script language="javascript">
try
{
    window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.MyObject__c.New , null ,         [saveURL=$SControl.MyNewObjectSave, retURL=URLFOR($Request.retURL,         null,null,false)] ,true)}";
    var elementArray = document.getElementsByName("save_new");
    elementArray[0].style.display = "none";
}
catch(exception)
{
    alert("Exception:" + exception);
}
</script>

An exception is thrown and says: Exception: TypeError: elementArray[0] has no properties
Is it possible to override the "new record" page, so that I can show or hide the buttons I want?

Maybe there's just a simpler way to do it or it is just impossible, because it is not suported.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thanks,

new developer
What is this?

Is there a new feature list other than this - http://ideas.salesforce.com/popular/coming_in_spring_07?

Are there changes to the API ?

Will Apex be enabled ?

Is the release date really March 19, 2007?
Can we create a Lookup Relationship field in User entity? if yes then How?
if No then is there any other way to create a Related List field in User entity.

Thanx
Vaishali.
Another thing I don't think is possible, but thought I'd ask.

Can I create a lookup from a custom object to Events (i.e. Activities of the event persuasion)?

I know I can indicate to use Activities with my object.  But this creates a one-to-many in the wrong direction for me.  Rather than having many events for one object, in this case I want to have many objects for one event.  And I'd need to see a related list of the custom objects when viewing an event.

Can anyone confirm the impossibility of this?

Thanks,
M.