• CRM Science

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am starting with Ruby language, so i wanted to clear some doubts.

Can anyone help me to guide on Ruby technology with salesforce? What it actaully does?

How salesforce helps to build application using Ruby??

Are there any reference books available to clear my doubts??

Thanks in advance..!!

Regards,

Devendra

I have followed the instructions in the http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Perl-PHP-Python-Ruby-Development/getting-error-when-trying-to-use-activesalesforce-adapter-on/td-p/231471

environment.rb:7: uninitialized constant Rails::Initializer(NameError)
    from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.1.0/lib/rails/application.rb:78:in`require_environment!'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.1.0/lib/rails/commands.rb:39
    from script/rails:6:in `
require'
    from script/rails:6

I have mad the instructions required however it is required to edit the environment.rb Here is my current version:

# Load the rails application
require
File.expand_path('../application', __FILE__)

# Initialize the rails application
Newsletter::Application.initialize!

Rails::Initializer.run do|config|
  config
.gem "asf-soap-adapter",:lib =>"activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter"
  config
.gem "asf-soap-adapter",:lib =>'asf-soap-adapter'
  config
.database_configuration_file =File.join(RAILS_ROOT,'config','salesforce.yml')
  config
.time_zone ='UTC'
end

Hi

Is there any way to retrieve the deleted record through API. 

I am getting the deleted records ID from the function getDeleted().

and tried to retrieve the record using SOQL , but i can't get it. 

Please let me if there is any other way.

Thanks

Balaji

How can i get distinct elements from the database? Does SOQL not provide something like unique or distinct?
Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked from time to time, but I could not find the answer with my search strings:
Is there a specified execution order of apex triggers, workflow rules and validation rules?
I have some problems that depend on this execution order and need to know in wich squence these were executed.

Thanks for your help!
Jochen
We have a client with an existing portal integration through the SOAP API that seems to have been broken by a recent patch release. Before this apparent change in the platform, they were able to log into the SOAP API with a temporary password (obtained by the user through the standard resetPassword() process) and then call a custom Apex web service function to verify their identity. Now when they try to call that custom Apex web service function they get this response:

INVALID_OPERATION_WITH_EXPIRED_PASSWORD: The users password has expired, you must call SetPassword before attempting any other API operations

I can't seem to find any documentation that this behavior of the API changed with the Spring '14 release or anything like that. Has anyone else experience a similar change in the behavior of the SOAP APIs with Spring '14?

(Note, the client's production environment is not due to get upgraded to Spring '14 until tomorrow night, and the custom web service API call works just fine with the temporary password there...for now)

Custom sObjects have the option of remaining "In Development" for Administrator access only. This is nice for cautious, good little sysadmins who are mucking around in their production environment making custom objects that they're not ready to share with their end users yet, but it's a royal PITA for AppExchange developers because most admins are oblivious to the fact that if they only make the package available to System Administrators on install, then the objects are not deployed (and remember, they won't get the prompt to deploy the objects if the install takes too long and they get sent to the "Processing" page), and stuff starts blowing up when they try to subsequently enable the app for their end users.

I need a way to blare a big warning at System Adminstrators in our custom admin interface that the app won't work if the objects are not deployed. However, I can't figure out any way to do that in Apex code. When I run an sObjectType.getDescribe() on an object that is "In Development" vs. one that is "Deployed", there isn't any discernable difference to a SysAdmin. How else can I dynamically notify them that there are objects in my application package that haven't been deployed yet?

So we have an AppExchange app that does all sorts of cool things when a standard Salesforce record (Opportunity, for instance) is inserted, updated, or deleted. However, some of the cool stuff that we're trying to do is breaking batch jobs that our customers run on a regular basis. I won't go into the gory details, suffice it to say that I'd like to be able to detect when my code is running in a Batch Apex context and branch into some different logicy if that is true. I've scoured the Apex documentation and the web, but I can't figure out a reliable way to detect the fact that I'm running in a Batch Apex context. Does anyone know how that might be done?

I'm incredibly frustrated trying to figure out how to catch and troubleshoot Visualforce errors on a page exposed through Force.com Sites (unauthenticated guest users only). I've gotten several suggestions on what to try from other folks in the community and I've tried the following:

• adding <apex:pageMessages> to my Visualforce page - this is fine for displaying sObject validation errors prior to insert/update, but doesn't surface Visualforce errors to Force.com Sites guest users
  • adding {!$Site.ErrorMessage} & {!$Site.ErrorDescription} to a separate Visualforce Page and setting that as the Error page for the Force.com site. This doesn't seem to help/work, as the error page is never displayed to unauthenticated users.
  • adding <site:previewAsAdmin> to my Visualforce pages and clicking the "Preview As Admin" link on the Sites detail page. This never seems to display the error on the page either. Honestly I can't figure out what this feature is actually supposed to provide, the documentation is pretty nebulous and the behavior of the feature is an enigma.
In my situation users are getting errors very intermittently, and by the time we hear about it we have no idea what the precise conditions were which caused the error, so we have no way of reproducing it. Debug logs don't help us because they don't seem to capture Visualforce errors (which is what I suspect the users are getting), only errors in the actual Apex code.
I sincerely hope that I'm just misunderstanding how to go about troubleshooting these issues, but I fear that there is a big gap in the troubleshooting capabilities of Force.com Sites. Can anyone give me some better guidance on how to approach this?

There are two checkbox properties on the User record detail/edit page:

• Receive Salesforce CRM Content Email Alerts
  • Receive Salesforce CRM Content Alerts as Daily Digest
As best I can determine, these two settings are not available in the Salesforce API on the User object (or on any related object I've checked).
I need access to these settings on the User object at least with Apex code so that I can expose them to Customer Portal users in a custom "My Profile" page. Is there any way to retrieve and set these properties?

Does anyone know how I can install version 14 of the Eclipse IDE? Version 15 has been really buggy and I want to do a clean install of the version 14 IDE.

When I run the "Find and Install" wizard in Eclipse and set up the Force.com IDE download site, it only gives me the option to downlad the version 15 Force.com IDE. 

This post is to provide a more thorough description of the solution that I posted as a comment to this idea on the IdeaExchange:

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10093781/Account_Contact_Leads_Merge

So, step 1 is to create an HTML S-control containing the following code:

<script language="JavaScript">function redirect(){parent.parent.frames.location.replace('/merge/accmergewizard.jsp?retURL=%2Fmerge%2Faccmergewizard.jsp');}redirect();</script>

Next create a Custom Tab, and have it display the S-control that you created above.

Display the tab in the appropriate applications (and make it visible and "Default On" for the appropriate profiles), and now you have an Account Merge wizard that will always return to the beginning when you finish the merge process!

The magic in this S-control is setting the "retURL" parameter to the first page of the Account Merge wizard, so when the wizard finishes its process it reads that parameter and goes to whatever URL is specified. This paramter is normally set to the URL of the Account, but it can be overriden as I've done above. 

REALLY hoping someone can provide a simple solution for this question - we have a client who needs to have their CTI Adapter show a new Lead record (with the Phone field populated with the ANI of the caller) if no match is found in their org. Also, they need to be able to access custom fields on the Call record while the call is in progress. Does anyone know if this is possible with the CTI Adapter?
I am using the !GETRECORDIDS merge function to get record Ids from a related list and query SFDC for additional information before doing further processing. However, this is the only way that I could get the output of the !GETRECORDIDS function to be palatable for the WHERE IN part of my SOQL query:

Code:
idArray = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Quoted_Asset__c )};

if (idArray[0] == null) 
{ 
alert("Please select at least one row");
} 
else 
{ 

var idString = "";

for (var i = 0; i < idArray.length; i++) { 
var idString = idString + "'" + idArray[i] + "'";
if(i<idArray.length-1){
var idString = idString + ",";
}
}

alert(idString);

var qaRecords = sforce.connection.query("Select Opportunity__c, Asset__c From Quoted_Asset__c Where Id in (" +idString+")");

Does anyone have a cleaner way to put the single quotes and commas in the string of Ids than the for loop that I wrote? I tried using the .toString() method, but it doesn't provide the single quotes around the Ids when it concatenates them with the rest of the SOQL query string.

I just downloaded and installed Eclipse 3.3 and the Apex Eclipse Toolkit. I've connected several projects to different SFDC orgs, and none of them have the link to the schema explorer!?!?!?

Can anyone help me figure out how to get it to show up?
We have a client with an existing portal integration through the SOAP API that seems to have been broken by a recent patch release. Before this apparent change in the platform, they were able to log into the SOAP API with a temporary password (obtained by the user through the standard resetPassword() process) and then call a custom Apex web service function to verify their identity. Now when they try to call that custom Apex web service function they get this response:

INVALID_OPERATION_WITH_EXPIRED_PASSWORD: The users password has expired, you must call SetPassword before attempting any other API operations

I can't seem to find any documentation that this behavior of the API changed with the Spring '14 release or anything like that. Has anyone else experience a similar change in the behavior of the SOAP APIs with Spring '14?

(Note, the client's production environment is not due to get upgraded to Spring '14 until tomorrow night, and the custom web service API call works just fine with the temporary password there...for now)
Hi,

Because of SSLv3 Poodle vulnerability, we have turned off SSLv3 support on our web server. This in term is causing Salesforce outbound messaging to fail.

Is there a work around with this from Salesforce end?

The outbound messaging processing issue was resolved once we turn SSLv3 back on our web server.

Ted Tsung

I've recently started using the Salesforce Ruby Toolkit, and have been able to successfully list and update objects. A lot of my custom objects have lookup relationships or Master-Detail relationships. When it has one of these, I'm unable to create a new object because of the extra "_id" that it adds to the sfdc field name. Ex: field is named MyBoss__c, ruby toolkit names it myboss_id__c.  When it tries to insert the object, it says "Required fields are missing: [MyBoss__c]".

Has anyone had this same problem? If so, how did you get around it?

I'm using Ruby 1.8.7, Rails 2.2.2, asf-soap-adapter 1.3.1, facets 2.8.4

Also installed: rforce 0.7, & rforcedotcom 20.0.0

Application Trace:

C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/asf-soap-adapter-1.3.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:265:in 'send_commands'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/asf-soap-adapter-1.3.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:297:in 'commit_db_transaction'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:78:in 'transaction_without_nesting_support'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/asf-soap-adapter-1.3.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:221:in 'transaction'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:129:in 'transaction'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:138:in 'transaction'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:178:in 'with_transaction_returning_status'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:146:in 'save'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:158:in 'rollback_active_record_state!'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:146:in 'save'
app/controllers/salesforce/buildings_controller.rb:48:in 'create'
app/controllers/salesforce/buildings_controller.rb:47:in 'create'

Hi,

I am starting with Ruby language, so i wanted to clear some doubts.

Can anyone help me to guide on Ruby technology with salesforce? What it actaully does?

How salesforce helps to build application using Ruby??

Are there any reference books available to clear my doubts??

Thanks in advance..!!

Regards,

Devendra

I have followed the instructions in the http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Perl-PHP-Python-Ruby-Development/getting-error-when-trying-to-use-activesalesforce-adapter-on/td-p/231471

environment.rb:7: uninitialized constant Rails::Initializer(NameError)
    from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.1.0/lib/rails/application.rb:78:in`require_environment!'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.1.0/lib/rails/commands.rb:39
    from script/rails:6:in `
require'
    from script/rails:6

I have mad the instructions required however it is required to edit the environment.rb Here is my current version:

# Load the rails application
require
File.expand_path('../application', __FILE__)

# Initialize the rails application
Newsletter::Application.initialize!

Rails::Initializer.run do|config|
  config
.gem "asf-soap-adapter",:lib =>"activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter"
  config
.gem "asf-soap-adapter",:lib =>'asf-soap-adapter'
  config
.database_configuration_file =File.join(RAILS_ROOT,'config','salesforce.yml')
  config
.time_zone ='UTC'
end

I'm incredibly frustrated trying to figure out how to catch and troubleshoot Visualforce errors on a page exposed through Force.com Sites (unauthenticated guest users only). I've gotten several suggestions on what to try from other folks in the community and I've tried the following:

• adding <apex:pageMessages> to my Visualforce page - this is fine for displaying sObject validation errors prior to insert/update, but doesn't surface Visualforce errors to Force.com Sites guest users
  • adding {!$Site.ErrorMessage} & {!$Site.ErrorDescription} to a separate Visualforce Page and setting that as the Error page for the Force.com site. This doesn't seem to help/work, as the error page is never displayed to unauthenticated users.
  • adding <site:previewAsAdmin> to my Visualforce pages and clicking the "Preview As Admin" link on the Sites detail page. This never seems to display the error on the page either. Honestly I can't figure out what this feature is actually supposed to provide, the documentation is pretty nebulous and the behavior of the feature is an enigma.
In my situation users are getting errors very intermittently, and by the time we hear about it we have no idea what the precise conditions were which caused the error, so we have no way of reproducing it. Debug logs don't help us because they don't seem to capture Visualforce errors (which is what I suspect the users are getting), only errors in the actual Apex code.
I sincerely hope that I'm just misunderstanding how to go about troubleshooting these issues, but I fear that there is a big gap in the troubleshooting capabilities of Force.com Sites. Can anyone give me some better guidance on how to approach this?

I'm trying to see if the URL ReWriter functionality can be used to dynamically redirect to another force.com site. The use case is that I'd like to migrate references to older content on another platform over to hitting a part of a force.com site. My plan was to CNAME a rewriter-based site with the old server's domain name, and then have this rewriter site dynamically place the user on a part of another force.com site.

I wrote a URL ReWriter class, and I'm assuming it's the mapping method that is doing all the work in this scenario. My debug code shows that the proper page reference is being set up and returned by the mapper method. When I visit the site (sandbox currently), I'm taken to whatever page is configured as the 401 Unauthorized page, even though I'm not referencing any platform data whatsoever (this is pure Apex logic). I've tried allowing the URL ReWriter class in Public Access Settings. The debug log doesn't even show any messaging related to why the unauthorized page is being shown.

It looks like everything but the actual redirect/URL rewrite is happening as written, but I have nowhere to go at this point. Any insight is appreciated.

I've been running ySlow on our Sites pages to optimize our sites config for production.  In doing so, I've found a number of areas that can be improved, but are out of our control due to being handled directly by the platform.

Grade F on Add Expires headers

There are 4 static components without a far-future expiration date.

Web pages are becoming increasingly complex with more scripts, style sheets, images, and Flash on them. A first-time visit to a page may require several HTTP requests to load all the components. By using Expires headers these components become cacheable, which avoids unnecessary HTTP requests on subsequent page views. Expires headers are most often associated with images, but they can and should be used on all page components including scripts, style sheets, and Flash.

Since these components are static, and clearly versioned by URL, setting a far-future expires header should definitely be done for these.

Also, these 3 files are not minified, but should be, to ensure faster download.

/static/101210/js/functions.js

/static/101210/desktop/desktopAjax.js

/static/101210/js/picklist.js

I'd also like to request that the CDN be used for delivering static resource content over SSL, if not done already.  Since this content is static on both SSL and non-SSL browsing, using the CDN to deliver it is a better strategy for performance of the site, as well as reduced load on SF's SSL front end.

Getting the ever helpful "Authorization Required" page.  Admin Preview mode is enabled, no error message.  Log file is written, but no errors whatsoever.  Can anyone tell me what exactly would next steps be in troubleshooting this?

19.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;VALIDATION,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
23:04:49.160|EXECUTION_STARTED
23:04:49.160|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|066300000004viE|VF: /apex/Unauthorized
23:04:49.160|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p30000000CRPs|PortalMainController <init>
23:04:49.163|METHOD_ENTRY|[62]|MAP.get(ANY)
23:04:49.163|METHOD_ENTRY|[62]|System.PageReference.getParameters()
23:04:49.163|METHOD_ENTRY|[62]|ApexPages.currentPage()
23:04:49.164|METHOD_EXIT|[62]|ApexPages.currentPage()
23:04:49.164|METHOD_EXIT|[62]|System.PageReference.getParameters()
23:04:49.164|METHOD_EXIT|[62]|MAP.get(ANY)
23:04:49.164|METHOD_ENTRY|[80]|01p30000000CRPs|PortalMainController.getUrlParam(String)
23:04:49.164|METHOD_ENTRY|[120]|MAP.get(ANY)
23:04:49.164|METHOD_ENTRY|[120]|System.PageReference.getParameters()
23:04:49.164|METHOD_ENTRY|[120]|ApexPages.currentPage()
23:04:49.164|METHOD_EXIT|[120]|ApexPages.currentPage()
23:04:49.164|METHOD_EXIT|[120]|System.PageReference.getParameters()
23:04:49.164|METHOD_EXIT|[120]|MAP.get(ANY)
23:04:49.164|METHOD_EXIT|[80]|PortalMainController.getUrlParam(String)
23:04:49.167|METHOD_ENTRY|[5]|01p30000000CRPs|PortalMainController.retrieveAlertsToShow()
23:04:49.167|METHOD_ENTRY|[20]|Database.query(String)
23:04:49.170|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[20]|Aggregations:0|select ID, knowledgearticleid, Localized_Title__c from Alert__kav where PublishStatus = 'online' and IsVisibleInPkb = true limit 10
23:04:49.178|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[20]|Rows:2
23:04:49.178|METHOD_EXIT|[20]|Database.query(String)
23:04:49.178|METHOD_ENTRY|[21]|LIST.size()
23:04:49.178|METHOD_EXIT|[21]|LIST.size()
23:04:49.178|METHOD_EXIT|[5]|PortalMainController.retrieveAlertsToShow()
23:04:49.178|METHOD_ENTRY|[6]|LIST.size()
23:04:49.178|METHOD_EXIT|[6]|LIST.size()
23:04:49.178|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|PortalMainController <init>
23:04:49.179|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p30000000CRPs|PortalMainController get(SiteUrlString)
23:04:49.179|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p30000000CRPs|PortalMainController invoke(getSiteUrlString)
23:04:49.180|METHOD_ENTRY|[31]|system.Site.getCustomWebAddress()
23:04:49.180|METHOD_EXIT|[31]|system.Site.getCustomWebAddress()
23:04:49.180|METHOD_ENTRY|[33]|system.Site.getCustomWebAddress()
23:04:49.180|METHOD_EXIT|[33]|system.Site.getCustomWebAddress()
23:04:49.180|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|PortalMainController invoke(getSiteUrlString)
23:04:49.180|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|PortalMainController get(SiteUrlString)
23:04:49.181|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p30000000CRPs|PortalMainController get(SelfServiceHomePage)
23:04:49.181|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p30000000CRPs|PortalMainController invoke(getSelfServiceHomePage)
23:04:49.181|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|PortalMainController invoke(getSelfServiceHomePage)
23:04:49.181|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|PortalMainController get(SelfServiceHomePage)
23:04:49.212|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
23:04:49.212|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|(default)|
  Number of SOQL queries: 1 out of 100
  Number of query rows: 2 out of 10000
  Number of SOSL queries: 0 out of 20
  Number of DML statements: 0 out of 100
  Number of DML rows: 0 out of 10000
  Number of script statements: 66 out of 200000
  Maximum heap size: 0 out of 3000000
  Number of callouts: 0 out of 10
  Number of Email Invocations: 0 out of 10
  Number of fields describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of record type describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of child relationships describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of picklist describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of future calls: 0 out of 10
  Number of find similar calls: 0 out of 10
  Number of System.runAs() invocations: 0 out of 20

23:04:49.212|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END

23:04:49.212|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|VF: /apex/Unauthorized
23:04:49.212|EXECUTION_FINISHED

As you can see, at the very end, it does some kind of auto-redirect to /apex/unauthorized.  the URL itself will render as the portal "frontdoor" URL, like

https://logmein.lmisupport.cs3.force.com/portal/secur/frontdoor.jsp?cshc=0000000SmHV00000000elr&portalId=06030000000KLOj&refURL=https%253A%252F%252Flogmein.lmisupport.cs3.force.com%252Fportal%252Fsecur%252Ffrontdoor.jsp&retURL=%252Fportal%252Fapex%252Fportalcasedetail&sid=00DQ00000000elr%2521ARsAQPMRBgvnE_sjnWsrc8aZgq857bO3C84ObcZOp4dOrmnM2CHLBcyfp5ufh64L4XCjMfffMFKQDVo07Ua7JbtgmA1WumAlSDU&untethered=

All VF pages required are granted for Site pages, in Public Access Settings, and for the Profile of the Portal User.  Same goes for all objects and fields referenced in the pages, for all 3 "layers".

Getting extremely frustrated with the lack of ability to troubleshoot issues with Sites...:(

I have a batch job that runs in several production orgs. It has run fine, twice a day, for several weeks now. However, in a few of the orgs in which it runs, I've started getting the error "Unable to write to any of the ACS stores in the alloted time." What does this error mean, why am I getting it, and what can I do about it?

Thanks--

• September 14, 2010
The request to twitter failed. Failed to parse XML due to: only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not F (position: START_DOCUMENT seen F... @1:1)| An error occurred for this search: [id : a0O300000027JzrEAE, page : 0]
The request to twitter failed.
System.HttpRequest[Endpoint=https://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline.xml?since_id=19360744679&count=99&page=0, Method=GET]
System.HttpResponse[Status=Unauthorized, StatusCode=401]
Twitter returned the following message while performing this action: Twitter error code: 401, Twitter Error Message: Invalid / used nonce. Please review Twitter error messages at http://apiwiki.twitter.com/HTTP-Response-Codes-and-Errors  and check Twitter’s system status at http://dev.twitter.com/status

Also, when I try to delete and readd the Twitter account, I get this when trying to regrant OAuth

The request to twitter failed. Failed to parse XML due to: only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not F (position: START_DOCUMENT seen F... @1:1)

This started over the weekend, without anything being touched.  We had some scheduled jobs set to run every 10 minutes to grab tweets related to a single Twitter account, and it was working fine for about 4 days.  Now, we're completely stuck, and having to revert back to using CoTweet.

I am using the latest version of the Force.com IDE 64-bit for Windows.  Every time I attempt to edit a page the application locks and will not respond.  Here is a dump of the log file.  This is a vanilla install straight from Force.com.

!ENTRY com.salesforce.ide.core 0 0 2010-06-16 08:00:39.807!MESSAGE DEBUG [2010-06-16 08:00:39,807] (ComponentFactory.java:getCompositeComponentFromFile:1037) - Loaded ApexPage 'pages/StoreFront.page' [unpackaged] from file 'StoreFront.page'

!ENTRY com.salesforce.ide.core 0 0 2010-06-16 08:00:39.808!MESSAGE DEBUG [2010-06-16 08:00:39,808] (BaseComponentMultiPageEditorPart.java:setInput:118) - Set metadata editor input from source file 'StoreFront.page-meta.xml'

!ENTRY com.salesforce.ide.core 0 0 2010-06-16 08:00:39.809!MESSAGE DEBUG [2010-06-16 08:00:39,808] (BaseComponentMultiPageEditorPart.java:setInput:139) - Opening ApexPage 'pages/StoreFront.page' [unpackaged] from file 'StoreFront.page'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.validation 4 0 2010-06-16 08:00:47.603!MESSAGE IWAE0017E Cannot create validator org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.ModuleCoreValidator because a Throwable was caught.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.validation 4 0 2010-06-16 08:00:47.603!MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore was unable to load class org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.ModuleCoreValidator.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-06-16 08:00:48.308!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2010-06-16 08:00:49.371!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Processing Dirty Regions".

Hello,

We have some custom settings defined in our development org.

We create managed package from this org in which custom settings are included

But the problem is , when we install this package to some other 

org these custom settings are not getting installed.

Means from our new org in which we have installed the package, we can not see

custom settings from Setup -->Develop-->Custom settings.

Any help on this please....!!!!!!

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Everyone,

I am having a strange problem while rendering a page as pdf.

Please help guys!

Problem :

I am trying to use apex:repeat for iterating over a List<List<Sobject>>. my VF page as html renders well.

But when I try to render it as pdf ,it gives me a blank pdf.

My Code :

<apex:Page .... renderas="pdf">

<apex:repeat value="{!ListListOFSOBJECT}" var="list" id="theRepeat">

<table >

<apex:repeat value="{!list}" var="item">
                  <tr>
                       <td>
                            {!item.name}

</td>

</tr>      

</apex:repeat>
     </table>
</apex:repeat>

</apex:page>

This is resulting into blank pdf.

As a workaround i tried to pass the list <apexclassX> to repeat tag

where class X {

list<SOBJECT>

}

But this approach also resulted in a blank pdf.

Please Help!

• May 20, 2010

Note I'm not positive the subject of this post is the true reason for the bug.  The other possible explanation is:

Dynamic SOQL requires namespace prefixes when called in global context

Anyway, the bug is:

Our managed package occasionally uses Dynamic SOQL.  In one case, we have a controller that uses Database.query() without any namespace prefixes:

Database.query('select CustomField__c from CustomObject__c');

In another case, we call Database.getQueryLocator() (as part of a Database.Batchable implementation).  That query also does not include the namespace prefix:

global Database.queryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext bc) {
return Database.getQueryLocator('select CustomField__c from CustomObject__c');
}

All of this works in our DE org, but once packaged & deployed, only the first one works.

The second ("getQueryLocator") throws an exception:

Developer script exception from iHance : 'i.Maintenance' : common.exception.ApiQueryException: No such column 'CustomField__c' on entity 'i__CustomObject__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I'm not sure if the bug is that getQueryLocator() requires the namespace prefix, or if Dynamic SOQL methods called in the global context do.  Without re-packaging everything to create a test case, there's no way for me to tell.

Salesforce support - I've created case 03501471 to track this issue.

• April 23, 2010

I have the code below in an Apex test prior to Test.startTest().  I would have thought that this would bump the query rows by at most one row but it doesn't; it bumps the query rows by 201.  That statement gets executing a few times and I exceed the 500 query row limit.   In and RDBS, that query would return exactly 1 row.  What's going on?  Does it count every row scanned even though one value gets returned?  That would mean you could never execut select count() from account if you have more than 10,000 accounts.

Select count()
                              From AccountShare 
                              where Account.Office_Front_or_Back__c = 'Front Office'
                              and UserOrGroupId in :groupList
                              and Account.enrollment__c >= 5
                              and Account.enrollment__c <= 650 limit 201]