• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Team,

I want to create a validation rule on text data type Name. Name contains the values of years.

Only current and next year values i need to create, for that i was using below validation, but it is showing Error Missign ')'

OR(
"TEXT"("Name") == YEAR(TODAY()),
"TEXT"("Name") == (YEAR(TODAY()) + 1)
)

can any one help me on the same

• November 21, 2012

I'm trying to make a custom controller, but can't get the testMethod to work. When running test I get the following error:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [OpportunityId]: [OpportunityId]

I've tried different things with no luck. 

My controller code  with testMethod is:

public class newContactCont {
    public static testMethod void testNewContactCont() {

newContactCont ctrl = new newContactCont();

Account account = ctrl.getAccount();
        Contact contact = ctrl.getContact();
        Opportunity opp = ctrl.getOpportunity();
        OpportunityContactRole role = ctrl.getRole();

contact.lastname = 'TestLastName';
        role = new OpportunityContactRole(OpportunityId=opp.Id);
        PageReference save = ctrl.save();

}

Account account;
    Contact contact;
    Opportunity opportunity;
    OpportunityContactRole role;

public Account getAccount() {
        if(account == null) account = new Account();
        return account;
    } 

public Contact getContact() {
        if(contact == null) contact = new Contact();
        return contact;
    }

public Opportunity getOpportunity() {
        if(opportunity == null) opportunity = new Opportunity();
        return opportunity;
    }

public OpportunityContactRole getRole() {
        if(role == null) role = new OpportunityContactRole();
        return role;
    }

public PageReference cancel() {
        PageReference opportunityPage = new ApexPages.StandardController(opportunity).view();
        opportunityPage.setRedirect(true);
        return opportunityPage;
    }

public PageReference save() {

insert contact;

role.contactId = contact.id;
        insert role;

PageReference opptyPage = new ApexPages.StandardController(contact).view();
        opptyPage.setRedirect(true);

return opptyPage;
    }

}

I got the same error for LastName in Contact the first time I tried it and solved it by adding: 

I can't however find a solution for the OpportunityId in Role.

Anyone got any suggestions?

1. After a change set is deployed successfully to Production, and a need be to roll back the changes, Is it possible to do so?

2. My deployment failed, because of a test class that failed. This test class was not part of the original Change set. Now I edited the failed test class - just added 2 lines. Is it a good idea to edit the test case in Production and then deploy my newly created change set or should I include this test class in the change set and deploy it with all other components.

Thanks.

We are looking to keep in-house Oracle Database and SF database in sync on almost real-time basic or with maximum lag of 30 min. The databases are small (7 tables) with may be max 100,000 records each. Total size about 30MB.

1. Initially it is going to be one way sync such that there are no updates to SF database that are made directly and changes to Oracle will be replicated to SF database.

2. Soon, we might want to have other way sync, where updates can be made only to SF database and Oracle database will need to be in sync with SF database.

Any suggestions for tools that are provided from SF or any of their partners to do this.

Thanks,

-Naveen

Hi.
I would like to use custom labels from DataLoader or Office toolkit.

Can I use or refer custom labels through API?

• July 01, 2011

I'm not sure why I can't get all the records to show up on this report.  The Report Generation status says

"Note: 2,000 of 2,199 records are displayed below. Select Export Details for a complete view of your data."

I've ran reports before though that have given me over 20k records. Does the criteria and filters I add to the report take away from the amount of records that would initially show.  Is there any way I could see all the records without having to export it every time? 

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to integrate SFDC to an external system using outbound messages, The external system's security policy requires some sort of authentication. Is it possible to authenticate with an outbound message?

more specifically, can we include HTTP basic or Digest access authentication headers with an outbound message? or if there are other ways to authenticate an outbound message can someone please provide the details.

Any help will be greatly apperciated.

Thank you,

Sunny_Slp

Available in: Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Editions

User Permissions Needed
To enable the Customer Portal:“Customize Application”
To enable the Salesforce Customer Portal:
  1. Click Your Name | Setup | Customize | Customer Portal | Settings.
  2. Click Edit.
  3. Select Enable Customer Portal.
  4. Click Save.
  5. Continue setting up the portal.  

under enterprise editon,i can't see customer portal,why?

my profile is system admin,the permission is no problem.

can anyone help me ,thanks!

• June 21, 2011

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to understand how to expose Apex methods as webservices using webservice keyword.

Here is what I understood, after creating a web service method in an apex class, I generate the WSDL for that class and hand it over to the external application developer.

What I don't understand is, will the external developer be required to call login() method ? ( as we do in web API)

consider the following class:

global class MyWebService {
    webService static Id makeContact(String lastName, Account a) {
        Contact c = new Contact(lastName = 'Weissman', AccountId = a.Id);
        insert c;
        return c.id;
    }
}

how do we call MyWebService.makeContact method? do we have to use connection/binding ? ( as we do in web API)

Finally , can we use any of the web API calls (like retrieve() ) within the client (when it only has WSDL from this particular class) ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sunny_Slp

We get in a lot of papers that need to be attached to cases.

We scan them using Paper Port and include their case number within the title.

We manually upload them into the case and then change the case status.

This process takes 70 seconds per case/attachment.

Q1. Is there an app that can automate this process i.e. take the case number (not caseID) and load it as an attachment and change the case status?

Q2. Is there an alternative to Paper Port we could use that will automate this process at point of scanning?

I would be grateful for anyone's help with these questions. Many thanks.

I have a custom encrypted field that is used to store password in safesforce db. I would like to know how I can decrypt the data that is stored in custom encrypted field.

Thanks

Hi All,

Im hoping someone can help me with an SOQL query:

I'm trying to return activities within the last 3 months. I.e where Activity Date >= NOW()-3 months
The SOQL documentation suggests you have to supply a native comparison value ie not a calculation.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

here am new to SFDC.
installed Apex data loader 9.0 on my system.

when am logon error is coming..
error is " failed to send request to https://salesforce.com/services/soap/u/9.0 ".

if anyone come across this let me know, how caa i resolve this issue.
  • April 25, 2007

I am looking for an utility which can identify the fields of a given object created or modified during a certain period of time.

For that basically I need to have the Created Date or Last modified Date information of the fields through API. Based on my primary investigation neither the Force.com web services API DescribleSObject method nor the MetaData API DescribeMetadataResult Class exposes any such information.

So is there any way to access the Created Date or Last modified by information of any fields externally?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.Nasipuri@gmail.com

Hi,

Is there are any option for system administrator to set the default record type for other user in a batch ?

The Record Type Selection setting , that is done through

Set Up --My Personal Information -- Record Type Selection.

Can that be done by system administrator for all other user ?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

According to the business rule of my company Account Name is mandatory for every Contact record.

We have created Account as required field from Contact page layout.

But

When I am going to add an Opportunity Contact Role and click the Contact Lookup and I select New Button screen it

opens the screen for creating New Contact.

But from here users can create Contact without Account information.

Is there any way to prevent this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I have a custom picklist and custom depended picklist on a standard object.

My meta data API I have added some value to both picklist.

Can I create dependency between these value by Meta Data API ?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I have a S-Control which is loaded everytime  a record detail page gets re/loaded. It is common to all the objects viz Account,Oppty etc. Is there any way to capture or know from which record detail page the S-control is fired.

For Example : Oppty 1 and Account 1 fires the S-control one after the other. How can the control know whether it's the Account or the Opportunity page that got re/loaded.
When tried "window.location.toString()" within the control;it is returning the S-Control URl not the detail page URL i.e "https:// na2.salesforce.com/001......"

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri.

Hi,

We have a custom object as “In-house Contact” which is similar to contact object.

When I create a new event, in the invitee section I can add a Lead, User or Contact as an invitee of the event by selecting “Add Invitee” button.

Can I add my custom object record as Invitee of the event?

If yes, then please tell me how is this possible?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.nasipuri@gmail.com

Hi,

We are trying to merge SFDC account using the merge tool.

From the Account page I am selecting “Merge Accounts” link in the Tools section.

In the merge screen “Step 1. Select the records to merge” after putting the Account name it is showing an error message like below

“The search returned more than the maximum number of rows (50). Please refine your search criteria”.

Can any body please tell me how do I will refine search criteria in the Merge My Accounts screen?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi, Can anybody please tell me is this possible to capture View information of a Tab like their name, filter criteria etc. from API call? If yes then how I can retrieve these information? Thanks in advance. Thanks and Regards, Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

We have a requirement as below

"Application needs to record all reports executed by users - recording the date, time, system-user and variable settings (criteria used) when the report was executed."

Can anybody please tell me how this is possible in Salesforce.com?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

Can I create a Look Up field which will be related to multiple standard objects for any Standard or Custom object?

Just like “Related To” field of the Activity. Which is defined as Lookup(Contract,Product,Asset,Campaign,Account,Opportunity,Case,Solution,Rebate Example,Meeting,Workflow Event)  .

If possible, then how can I implement this?

Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I want to change my company’s active currencies.

I am the System Administrator and using an developer edition.

As per the help I have to navigate to

Setup --> Company Profile -->Manage Currencies

But I am unable to find anything called "Manage Currencies" there.

So what I have to do to change active currency?

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

Any body please tell me how I can install the Apex mobile application on my Windows mobile 5 based device?

Thanks ,
Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I am running a custom interface built in Java using Apex Web services API call.

Can any body please tell me the parameter on which the Performance of Apex API call depends?

Is the performance depends upon the OS from which I am running my JAVA utility.

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I am trying to call Query API from a JAVA client.

I have set the size of batch 2000 as

qo.setBatchSize(2000);

binding.setHeader(new SforceServiceLocator().getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),"QueryOptions", qo);

When I am firing the query like

“SELECT Id, Name FROM Opportunity “

The Query result returning exactly 2000 records.

But when I am increasing the field size in the query as below:

SELECT Id, Name , Amount , AccountId,  Account.OwnerId,  Account.Owner.Employee_Type__c, (SELECT UserId  FROM OpportunityTeamMembers) FROM Opportunity

The Query result randomly returning about 1500 or 1600 records.

Is this a bug of SFDC web services API?

Can anybody please help?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I have a requirement of integrating my SFDC application with Microsoft Sharepoint. Does SFDC provide a ready plugin for achieving this task, just like it provides the Outlook Edition for seamless integration with Outlook?

Thanking you in anticipation,
Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

Is there any way to schedule the execution of Apex code?

Suppose I have written some Apex code and I want that the code will be executed automatically at 11PM everyday.

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I want real time data integration with Salesforce.com.

My company has an oracle -java based existing application. We want to integrate date from the oracle data base table to SFDC application using java and Web services API .

How we can implement this? Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

I am very new to Apex Cade.

I am trying to write a trigger for Opportunity object as below.

This is intended to assign the Opportunity with Amount greater than amount 500 to a specific user.

Code:
trigger DinTestTrig on Opportunity (after insert ) {
Opportunity opp = new Opportunity() ; 
if(opp.Amount >=500)
{
opp.OwnerId='00550000000s6RGAAY';
}

}

But the trigger is not working, i.e. the owner is not changing accordingly.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks
Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

We have developed an interface in java which create and update some record in SFDC application.

We want to point the interface first to the sandbox environment for testing and once the testing is over we want to point the interface to the enterprise SFDC application.

What is the standard practice to point the interface to different environment (sandbox /production i.e. normal?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me whether Apex mobile application supports signature capture?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

I need to update custom picklist values from PHP(Website) to Salesforce  I can update data (i.e. records)  but is their a way to update THE VALUES IN THE PICKLIST ITSELF FROM the website, as I have the connection establish ann I can access SDFC from m
Hi All,

When email to case is enabled , our email service address created was " anjualexander1989@4-1lss22aleeyhnlqon33sktdfpmookzg7iuc495x6igrmzgtabh.9-wjfmeay.ap1.case.salesforce.com ". So how to make it a proper email address.means short

Hi Team,

I want to create a validation rule on text data type Name. Name contains the values of years.

Only current and next year values i need to create, for that i was using below validation, but it is showing Error Missign ')'

OR(
"TEXT"("Name") == YEAR(TODAY()),
"TEXT"("Name") == (YEAR(TODAY()) + 1)
)

can any one help me on the same

• November 21, 2012

pls tell me clearly about account hierarchy 

I'm trying to make a custom controller, but can't get the testMethod to work. When running test I get the following error:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [OpportunityId]: [OpportunityId]

I've tried different things with no luck. 

My controller code  with testMethod is:

public class newContactCont {
    public static testMethod void testNewContactCont() {

newContactCont ctrl = new newContactCont();

Account account = ctrl.getAccount();
        Contact contact = ctrl.getContact();
        Opportunity opp = ctrl.getOpportunity();
        OpportunityContactRole role = ctrl.getRole();

role = new OpportunityContactRole(OpportunityId=opp.Id);
        PageReference save = ctrl.save();

}

Account account;
    Contact contact;
    Opportunity opportunity;
    OpportunityContactRole role;

public Account getAccount() {
        if(account == null) account = new Account();
        return account;
    } 

public Contact getContact() {
        if(contact == null) contact = new Contact();
        return contact;
    }

public Opportunity getOpportunity() {
        if(opportunity == null) opportunity = new Opportunity();
        return opportunity;
    }

public OpportunityContactRole getRole() {
        if(role == null) role = new OpportunityContactRole();
        return role;
    }

public PageReference cancel() {
        PageReference opportunityPage = new ApexPages.StandardController(opportunity).view();
        opportunityPage.setRedirect(true);
        return opportunityPage;
    }

public PageReference save() {

insert contact;

role.contactId = contact.id;
        insert role;

PageReference opptyPage = new ApexPages.StandardController(contact).view();
        opptyPage.setRedirect(true);

return opptyPage;
    }

}

I got the same error for LastName in Contact the first time I tried it and solved it by adding: 

I can't however find a solution for the OpportunityId in Role.

Anyone got any suggestions?

With our application developed on the Force.com platform, we have a need to modify the current time as returned by System.Now() in order to simulate scenarious at various epochs. 

Could someone point me to related documentation/help/discussion if there anyway to achieve that?

Thanks in advance,

Varun.

Hey all,

It appears to me that the Territory sharing rules do not work the way I had expected.

I have two top level territories with multiple sub territories.

My plan was to share the top level territories to the support groups that work with those accounts. But when I made the sharing rule to share the top territory A with Support group A, none of the accounts were visible to support group A. When I shared top level B with Support group B, none were visible to that group either.

If I look at the top level territory A, I see hundred of accounts, so I know they are rolling up to the top level as expected. It just appears that sharing the top level does not grant the support groups the ability to actually see the account inside?

Am I wrong in thinking that this is how it should work?

PB

1. After a change set is deployed successfully to Production, and a need be to roll back the changes, Is it possible to do so?

2. My deployment failed, because of a test class that failed. This test class was not part of the original Change set. Now I edited the failed test class - just added 2 lines. Is it a good idea to edit the test case in Production and then deploy my newly created change set or should I include this test class in the change set and deploy it with all other components.

Thanks.

I have a before update trigger on leads that creates a parent account and automatically assigns it to the converted account. This works fine.

We are adding code that will set the owner of the parent account to the user listed on the lead convert window.

The problem I am seeing is that where all the other records that are created during lead convert (opportunity, contact, account, task) are getting the new record owner  as set in the lead convert window, the parent account is getting set to current user.

What would be causing this? Is it a timing issue?

I have a trigger that is fired and does a callout whenever a specific custom field in Contacts object is updated to null.  The problem im having is every night a bulk data job is done that does an upsert on Contacts and throws the error CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY:itracmedia.In

validEmailContactTrigger: System.LimitException: itracmedia:Too many future calls: 11:-- for about 100 of 5000 records it processes but the field that fires my trigger is not updated in this data load.

Can anyone help me by explaining what can possibly be happening. 

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to remove the option for users to be able to delete their tasks?  I already have the tasks locked down to not allow them to edit closed tasks but they figured out how to delete them and just make a new one saying what they want it to say.

Thanks

Gretchen

I am integrating with salesforce through java.
 I want to test it on salesforce sandbox so i am using END POINT as  : `https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/21.0`  

but i get an error like : `Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.`

Please help!

I am looking for an utility which can identify the fields of a given object created or modified during a certain period of time.

For that basically I need to have the Created Date or Last modified Date information of the fields through API. Based on my primary investigation neither the Force.com web services API DescribleSObject method nor the MetaData API DescribeMetadataResult Class exposes any such information.

So is there any way to access the Created Date or Last modified by information of any fields externally?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

I want to get Count value for a particular account allowed Users in Sales Force.

Pls Let me the know any Java API for the above value to be accessed.

As in Company Information for a particular User, has User License list which display maximum allowed user's for a particular Account.

I need the Count value in particular account.

pls help me in this regard,,,

• March 01, 2012

I am exporting files using the data loader command line tool. Is there a way I change the text delimited from " to something else and the column delimited from ,  to something else?

• February 24, 2012

Hi all,

A few questions I hope someone might be able to help me with:

• Is it possible to load a complete Java program in SFDC and trigger it via a button?
  • Can generated log files and screenshots be loaded back into SFDC and not stored locally?
  • Can fields in SFDC be fed into a Java program (the Java program currently runs by parsing a CSV file)

Any pointers, indications of whether some/all of the above is possible and/or general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• February 21, 2012

I am integrating with salesforce through java there in Opportunity there is a field named CloseDate . my code for the same is opportunitySObject.setField("CloseDate", "2010-01-01"); but i getmessage='Close Date: value not of required type: 2010-01-01' statusCode='INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD'

what i see by quering the database is CloseDate in 2010-01-01 format i.e. yyyy-MM-dd.

Please help.

We have a custom app set up on our system with the customer objects Training Events and Enrolments.  An enrolment links an Opportunity to a Contact and the training event and appears as a related list on the training event.  I have created a few VF pages with Enrolment as the standard controller which are accessed via a custom button on the related list on Training Event page. 

The idea is that relevant enrolments are selected and when the VF page is access they can all be edited in one go and the changes saved.  IN the last few weeks I am continually receiving the following error message when I click save:

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Error ID: 166244247-41322 (-259332223)

This has only started happening recently (around the time Spring 12 was released to our Sandbox) and SFDC seem to be unable to support as is it a developer issue.  The code has not been altered at all and still works perfectly in production.  Does anyone know if there could be something in Spring 12 whcih is causing this?

The basic code for the pages is as follows:

<apex:page standardController="Enrollment__c" recordSetVar="Enrollments" sidebar="false">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Email/Print Certificates"/>
        <apex:form >
          <apex:pageBlock >
             <apex:pageMessages />
                <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                    <apex:commandButton value="Save/Send Email" action="{!save}" />
                    <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />
                </apex:pageBlockButtons>
             <apex:pageBlockSection title="Selected Enrollments" columns="1" collapsible="False">
                    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selected}" var="Enrollment">
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.name}"/>
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.Delegate_name__c}"/>
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.Booking_status__c}"/>
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.Invoice_status__c}"/>
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.Exam_results__c}"/>
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.Exam_percentage__c}"/>
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.Hold_Certificate__c}"/>
                       <apex:column value="{!Enrollment.Certificate_status__c}"/>
                       <apex:column headerValue="Review PDF/Open to print">
                       <apex:outputlink target="_blank" value="https://eu1.salesforce.com/apex/ReviewPDFcert?id={!Enrollment.id}">review pdf</apex:outputlink> <br/>
                       <apex:outputlink target="_blank" value="https://eu1.salesforce.com/apex/ReviewPDFcertnoback?id={!Enrollment.id}">review pdf no background</apex:outputlink><br/>         
                       <apex:outputlink rendered="{!IF((CONTAINS($Profile.Name, "System")||(CONTAINS($Profile.Name, "Japan"))),TRUE, FALSE)}"   target="_blank" value="https://eu1.salesforce.com/apex/ReviewPDFcert_Japan?id={!Enrollment.id}">Japan certificate (except IRCA)</apex:outputlink><br/>
                       <apex:outputlink target="_blank" value="https://eu1.salesforce.com/apex/coverletter?id={!Enrollment.id}">coverletter</apex:outputlink></apex:column>
                       <apex:column headerValue="Cert Printed?"><apex:inputField value="{!Enrollment.Certificate_Printed__c}"/></apex:column>
                       <apex:column headerValue="Select PDF Certificates to Email"><apex:inputField value="{!Enrollment.Email_PDF_Certificate__c}"/></apex:column>
                   </apex:pageBlockTable>
              </apex:pageBlockSection>                        
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>    
</apex:page>

Many Thanks for any help anyone can offer on this - I am new to development.

• February 01, 2012

I am trying to get my company to switch from Unlimited to Enterprise Edition. They are thinking of moving off of Salesforce altogether and I'm hoping if I can get the costs lower they will change their mind. Has anyone done this type of downgrade? Is it hard and are there complications or is it just as simple as flipping a switch?

Hi,

Our app has a  hierarchy as Flex-->Apex-->External Web Service and When we call the Apex Web Service we get the fillowing error:

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: Exception occurred while trying t  invoke service method registerUserForm faultcode=soapenv:Server faultactor=External entry point

In DE it is working fine,We installed the package in Test org and we got the above exception.

can anyone give us a solution for solving this issue.

• June 30, 2011