• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using a Websphere server to retrieve Case information and generate notification emails to a variety of people.  Becuase you cannot (in this release - Winter 07) create workflow based emails using a formula to calculate the email address, we have resorted to use=ing an SOQL query against a custom lookup object which contains the user name and email address (including users external to salesforce.com).

The query:

Code:
SELECT Service_Resp_Lk__c, Service_Resp_Notified__c FROM Case WHERE (Service_Resp_Notified__c = false) and (Service_Resp_Lk__c != '')

The query works fine in appexchange.schema tool and returns the id's from the custom object (as expected).  We noticed the Lookup Custom fields are not available in the Excel Connector tool or the Workflow field selections (PickLists are, but not Lookups).  I have read over a hundred posts, with no good answer when using Java.

Field Definitions:

Service_Resp_Lk__c - Lookup Field relationship to Case from Custom Object containing email address
Service_Resp_Notified__c - boolean flag used to determine if email was sent previously

Any help would be appreciated.
  • July 25, 2007
I have seen a lot of discussion on joined querries lately.  We are having to make multiple quierries to pull in the Product and pricing information to automate the addition of products to an existing Opportunity.  Currently we use two querries:

Select ID,ProductCode, Name, Set_Quantity__c, Set_Value__c, Repair_Lead_Time__c from Product2 where + condition 

The above query retrieves the product information, but then we have to make another round trip using the ID against the PriceBookEntry to get the default pricing information - like this:

Select ID from PricebookEntry where Product2Id = + product ID from above

Is there a way to make one query instead of two?  Doing this for each product is intense and time consuming to display a list with pricing information.
  • March 12, 2007
I know it is possible to add the number of days to a date field by:

Code:
MUSW__Issued_Date__c + 182

but it is possible to add the number of months to date? If so, how?

Thanks,
James Wikkerink
Municipal Software
Hi,

Can anybody help me get the formula for putting the date at the top of mail merge letters automatically.

i.e.

November 2nd 2007

Tom Smith
Attorney
Anywhere Street

I was given this formulat which is not working:

{ DATE \ @ ‘’ dd MMMM yyyy ‘’ \ * MERGEFORMAT }

thanks

I have seen a lot of discussion on joined querries lately.  We are having to make multiple quierries to pull in the Product and pricing information to automate the addition of products to an existing Opportunity.  Currently we use two querries:

Select ID,ProductCode, Name, Set_Quantity__c, Set_Value__c, Repair_Lead_Time__c from Product2 where + condition 

The above query retrieves the product information, but then we have to make another round trip using the ID against the PriceBookEntry to get the default pricing information - like this:

Select ID from PricebookEntry where Product2Id = + product ID from above

Is there a way to make one query instead of two?  Doing this for each product is intense and time consuming to display a list with pricing information.
  • March 12, 2007

My organization has a small problem and we are looking for a solution to fix this issue. On the lead side we collect information in a particular field, and we would like to map this information to both the contact and the opportunity record upon converting.

As far as we are aware, SFDC does not allow duplicate mapping to occur. If I am wrong in this, please let me know and explain how I can make it happen. Our thought is then to create a 2nd custom field with a field formula that looks something like (field2 = field1) so that when we convert we can just map it to 2 locations.

Can anyone shed some light on this, and provide some assistance on how to solve this problem.