• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I am using the new Type methods to dynamically load a class, that implements an interface.  With the aim to make the code robust, i would like to check that the class implements the interface before instantiation / casting.

I would like the the keyword 'instanceof' to verify a class implements an interface, as i understand it, it only verifies class type.

Does anyone know a good way to verifying a class implements an interface?

I can always try/catch around a cast, but I think this is a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Hi

Have been learning CloudFlow, creating some examples, in a dev org as an admin.

In a blog from Varadarajan Rajaram, http://blogs.developerforce.com/engineering/2012/03/working-with-choices-in-the-visual-workflow-cloud-flow-designer-oh-the-possibilities.html he talks about creating dynamic choices from custom settings rather than a normal object.

I can't select a customer setting object when creating a new dynamic choice, in the 'Create a choice for each' picklist only presents standard and custom objects, but no custom setting objects?

I have create a custom setting object of type list, called FlowDataCS__c, added some data.

Varadarajan, anyone know how to include this, and do what is says in the blog?

I think configuring a certain type of dynamic choices from custom settings would be good for lots of applications, keeping true custom objects for real data.

Thanks.....

Matthew

Hi

I would like to create a managed package that has a number of custom objects with picklist fields.  I would like to have no values for the picklist fields in the package, and during the deployment process apply a set of config that updates the picklist fields with values.  Allowing me to have a core package and a number of different sets of picklist config.

What's going to be the best way to achieve this?

I have looked in to the metadata API, but I believe you can't call this from Apex.

I would like to make the experience of the subscriber as simple as possible, i.e. get the package, choose a config option and the application is installed with core configuration, all done for initial use.

I am trying to keep all code native.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Matthew

Hi

I am using the new Type methods to dynamically load a class, that implements an interface.  With the aim to make the code robust, i would like to check that the class implements the interface before instantiation / casting.

I would like the the keyword 'instanceof' to verify a class implements an interface, as i understand it, it only verifies class type.

Does anyone know a good way to verifying a class implements an interface?

I can always try/catch around a cast, but I think this is a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Does anyone know if/when support for dynamic visualforce will be generally available?  Is it coming out in the Winder '12 release?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi

I would like to create a managed package that has a number of custom objects with picklist fields.  I would like to have no values for the picklist fields in the package, and during the deployment process apply a set of config that updates the picklist fields with values.  Allowing me to have a core package and a number of different sets of picklist config.

What's going to be the best way to achieve this?

I have looked in to the metadata API, but I believe you can't call this from Apex.

I would like to make the experience of the subscriber as simple as possible, i.e. get the package, choose a config option and the application is installed with core configuration, all done for initial use.

I am trying to keep all code native.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Matthew