• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've read and used a lot of your code and really appreciate this discussion board.  Probably just missing a little code space or something.  My button takes specific users to a given Task Record Type with the Subject already populated to say "Outbound Calls".  All of the works and it returns to my record when cancelled or saved.  My problem is that it does not automatically populate the contact lookup name the same as the "Log a Call" button.  This button will save my sales support team time, but not if they have to select the contact once they push the button.

Any help is appreciated.

/00T/e?Title=Outbound Call &Whoid={!Contact.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Outbound Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&RecordType=012500000001CSc&ent

• August 12, 2010

I have a custom object called Production Summary.

I want to calculate the current expected Life Sales by the Production Summary name.

I've got the math calculation, i.e. "Agency_Life_Goal*20/100/90*Number_of_days"

Now I just need to know how to tell it If "Production_Summary_Name -= "January 2010 Production" I want the formula above, February 2010 Production, I want the formula above, March 2010 Production, I want the formula above.

In the Second quarter, the formula changes to 40/100/180*Number of days.

Any Suggestions? 

• March 22, 2010
Code:
Data Type Formula    
IF(AND( Region__c ="REGION 1", Agent_State__c ="MI"),"JOHN DOE",
IF(AND( Region__c ="REGION 1", Agent_State__c ="IN"),"JOHN DOE",)
 I have several different regions with specific agent states to assign to my marketing reps. I'm trying to set up a formula field to look at the region and the agent state and put the name I type in for the marketing rep.  The above formula works, but it becomes too large to run.  I am open to any suggestions on this.  Thanks for any help you can give.
  • November 13, 2008
I want to have my picklist automatically select based on the number of days past a custom date field.  For instance if the Custom Date field is 4/1/07 for the first 30 days I want the picklist to read: "pre-appointment to 30 days; 31 days after the custom date field I want the picklist to read: "30 to 60 Days.  I tried a field update, but that didn't work I used Date equals Next 30 Days, etc.  So I thought a regular formula field would work better for the picklist.

Could someone please help me.  Thanks!

I've read and used a lot of your code and really appreciate this discussion board.  Probably just missing a little code space or something.  My button takes specific users to a given Task Record Type with the Subject already populated to say "Outbound Calls".  All of the works and it returns to my record when cancelled or saved.  My problem is that it does not automatically populate the contact lookup name the same as the "Log a Call" button.  This button will save my sales support team time, but not if they have to select the contact once they push the button.

Any help is appreciated.

/00T/e?Title=Outbound Call &Whoid={!Contact.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Outbound Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&RecordType=012500000001CSc&ent

• August 12, 2010
I've been banging my head on the desk all morning trying to do this, and before I decide there isn't a way, please let me know if I just missed something painfully obvious. Our organization sells classes as our opportunities. In our opportunity section, we have a custom formula field, "Training_Address_Info" which fills in the field from info in the account related to the opportunity. Once the opportunity - the class - is sold, we have to schedule an instructor for it, so we create an event for the instructor, which is related to the opportunity. I'm trying to create a custom activity forumla field which will pick up the "Training_Address_Info" field from that opportunity. There are actually a few fields I'd like to reference from the related opportunity, but there doesn't seem to be a way to create that relationship between the event and opportunity - but I'm still learning lots regularly, so maybe I just haven't figured it out yet? (Apologies for any awkward wording, I'm also still trying to master the lingo!)
  • September 10, 2009
Code:
Data Type Formula    
IF(AND( Region__c ="REGION 1", Agent_State__c ="MI"),"JOHN DOE",
IF(AND( Region__c ="REGION 1", Agent_State__c ="IN"),"JOHN DOE",)
 I have several different regions with specific agent states to assign to my marketing reps. I'm trying to set up a formula field to look at the region and the agent state and put the name I type in for the marketing rep.  The above formula works, but it becomes too large to run.  I am open to any suggestions on this.  Thanks for any help you can give.
  • November 13, 2008