• Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, 

When trying to view an attachment that is present in an "event record", I am getting an error report which says 

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

This happens when a regular Salesforce user apart from system administrator tries to view the attachment associated with the event created. 

Could anyone help me in solving this one.

With the online version of Salesforce, when we click on "Log A Call" button, we find the subject of the newly being created been displayed by default. Similarly, can we have the same in Salesforce1 as well.
Hi,

Within Salesforce1 when trying to attach a file to a contact it says they need admin rights to do so. Can someone help me out with this one.
Hi,

I have got 4 custom objects in my Org. and when I view it in Salesforce1, I only want to display 2 of them in the menu. Could anyone suggest me on how to customize the menu in Salesforce1 by allowing to display only those objects that we want.

Regards
Sapthagiri
How can we implement sorting functionality for a PageBlockTable written in a VF page.
Hi,

I have developed a "Calendar View" in Salesforce using "ajax, jQuery and html". Now when I enter a record having fields as "Start Date & End Date" from India (the Org. timezone is US timezone), it is being saved according to the respective timezome of the Org. When I query the records and display them (Start Date & End Date) on a VF page, the Start Date & End Date are shoing time (-5:30 hrs).

For example if I set "Start Date" as Jan 30, 2014 10:30PM, it is being displayed on VF page as Jan 30, 2014 5:00PM. And its the same with "End Date".

Can anyone help me in getting this resolved.

Regards 
I am asked to built a web application in php where the back end database is going to be Salesforce Objects. The scenario is that "users" (can be 10,000+) would register/log in to the application and schedule a slot for an exam. Then take that exam, view their credits and performance.

I would like to know a better approach to start this. Like how would I be able to access the objects using php and how well can I maintain authenticity in this scenario.
While executing the APEX REST sample code available from the following link http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_rest_code_sample_basic.htm I got struck with the 3rd point "Create a file called account.txt to contain the data for the account you will create in the next step." The question is that where should this "account.txt" file be located and how is it supposed to be passed in the curl command line curl -H "Authorization: Bearer sessionId" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @account.txt "https://instance.salesforce.com/services/apexrest/Account/"
Hi,

There is a requirement wherein, I need to have a connection established between Salesforce and AS400. The AS400 developers will be providing us with web services and similarly, I need to provide web services (RESTful) to them to have the connection built.

Me being new to web service, I am little confused about where to start in order to execute Salesforce web services (RESTful).

Could anyone help me in this regard.
Hi,

I am trying to establish a connection between SQL and Salesforce, for which I have opted JitterBit. So, could anyone explain me what all are the things that are neede from both Salesforce and JitterBit respectively to have an syncronized connection established between them.
Where can I find the pricing for "Customer Portal and Partenr Portal" user licenses. What is the cost for "Authenticated Website" user licenses.

Regards
Sapthagiri
Hi,

There is a requirement wherein, I need to have a connection established between Salesforce and AS400. The AS400 developers will be providing us with web services and similarly, I need to provide web services (RESTful) to them to have the connection built.

Me being new to web service, I am little confused about where to start in order to execute Salesforce web services (RESTful).

Could anyone help me in this regard.
Hi,

I am trying to establish a connection between SQL and Salesforce, for which I have opted JitterBit. So, could anyone explain me what all are the things that are neede from both Salesforce and JitterBit respectively to have an syncronized connection established between them.

hi,

i'm trying to access salesforce.com and obtain details from my account (querying information) programmatically. the authorization is successful and i'm able to get my user details but the search pattern i give is not returning any matches.

this is the id it returns on successful login:

id = https://login.salesforce.com/id/00D90000000fon0EAA/005900000014ZuzAAE

the url i'm using to query is :

https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/services/data/v25.0/search/?q=FIND+%7Bfrank%7D

the error message i get in response to this is :

Search result = [{"message":"The requested resource does not exist","errorCode":"NOT_FOUND"}]

do i need any additional previlages in order to make such a request and access the data? i currently have a developer account.

or is there any other way to make such a request?

please reply , thanks in advance.