Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When using the following 
<apex:outputText value="{0, number, currency}" label="Currency Value">
   <apex:param value="{!myCurrencyValue}" />
</apex:outputText>
The output is rendered with a $ regardless of the Currency Locale. 
Does anyone know how to resolve this error??

Hi,
I need to include a pdf document in a visual force page, we have a number of page templates, all in pdf documents, I can upload these as a static resource but then how are they referenced in the visual force markup?

Including imges is easy by using <apex:image . . . but what is the markup for including a pdf?

Thanks is advance,
Mike

I have a need to be able to recreate the 'Save & Send Update' button functionality on the event screen in APex Code, can anyone help with a code snippet on how to do this please.

Basically I want to have an automated process that monthly creates an 'Event' and then sends out a Meeting invite to all the Invitees.  I particularly want the email functionality that has the 'Respond to This Request' button in the email.

Does anyone know what code is run when the 'Save & Send Update' button is pressed?

Thanks in advance.

• January 21, 2014
When using the following 
The output is rendered with a $ regardless of the Currency Locale. 
Does anyone know how to resolve this error??

Hi,
I need to include a pdf document in a visual force page, we have a number of page templates, all in pdf documents, I can upload these as a static resource but then how are they referenced in the visual force markup?

Including imges is easy by using <apex:image . . . but what is the markup for including a pdf?

Thanks is advance,
Mike

I have a need to be able to recreate the 'Save & Send Update' button functionality on the event screen in APex Code, can anyone help with a code snippet on how to do this please.

Basically I want to have an automated process that monthly creates an 'Event' and then sends out a Meeting invite to all the Invitees.  I particularly want the email functionality that has the 'Respond to This Request' button in the email.

Does anyone know what code is run when the 'Save & Send Update' button is pressed?

Thanks in advance.

• January 21, 2014

I've created a really simple custom object (Colin__c) with a few text, picklist and checkbox fields. I've created a simple VF page with inline editing on the fields.

Now, depending on what I do between filling in a value in the field and clicking the Save button, it will affect whether the new value is saved or not.

<apex:page id="P1" standardController="Colin__c" >

<apex:form id="F1" >
    <apex:sectionHeader title="{!Colin__c.Name}" />

<apex:PageBlock id="PB1">
        <apex:pageMessages />

<apex:pageBlockButtons id="PBB" location="both">
            <apex:commandButton id="inlineEditSave"   value="Save"   action="{!save}"   style="display:none"/>
            <apex:commandButton id="inlineEditCancel" value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" style="display:none"/>
            <apex:commandButton id="editButton"       value="Edit"   action="{!edit}"/>
            <apex:commandButton id="deleteButton"     value="Delete" action="{!delete}" onclick="if ((Modal.confirm && Modal.confirm('Are you sure?')) || (!Modal.confirm && window.confirm('Are you sure?'))) {return true;} else {return false;}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection id="PBS" title="Details" columns="2">
        <apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblclick" showOnEdit="inlineEditSave,inlineEditCancel" hideOnEdit="deleteButton,editButton" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>
            <apex:outputField id="cli02" value="{!Colin__c.Text02__c}"/>     <apex:outputField id="clc02" value="{!Colin__c.Checkbox02__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField id="cli03" value="{!Colin__c.Text03__c}"/>     <apex:outputField id="clc03" value="{!Colin__c.Checkbox03__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField id="cli04" value="{!Colin__c.Text04__c}"/>     <apex:outputField id="clc04" value="{!Colin__c.Checkbox04__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField id="clp01" value="{!Colin__c.Picklist01__c}"/> <apex:outputField id="clp02" value="{!Colin__c.Picklist02__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:PageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

So if I double click on the text field, amend value, hit enter. The text turns orange and I get the undo icon as expected. But when I click Save, the value goes back to its OLD value!

If I double click on the text field, amend value, click Save (with the cursor still in the field), the value is updated.

Why does the way I amend the value affect whether the value saves or not?

It is not the behaviour of inline edit in standard page layouts.

Or am I coding my inline edit incorrectly? Can you see anything unusual?

Hi,

Can someone suggest if there is any helptext kind of thing available in the Visual Force.

This is regarding the help icon which, when hovered by a mouse gives a help text explanation

which is present in the Standard objects & Custom Objects for the standard fields in them.

Is there a way of achieving this through javascript?

Please give me pointers in this issue. TIA.