• 85 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to supress the display of commas within a number field when the field is an inputtext field on a Visualforce page? 

I can remove it on the output text field, but can't figure out a way to do it on the inputtext field:

User-added image

My code:

<apex:inputField value="{!Engage_Member__c.Confirmed_NPI__c}" id="confirmedNPINumber"/>
 <apex:outputText value="{!TEXT(riskProfile.Attributed_NPI__c)}" id="attrNPINumber" />
I want to change the background color for the first row of data in a table displayed on a visual force page. I am thinking the best way to do this is change the style based on a test of which record is being displayed. However, I'm not sure how to determine which record is being displayed. 

Here's the code in a portion of my VF page:

<apex:pageBlock >   
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!cRecords}" var="cRecord">

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Name}">
            <apex:facet name="header">HCC</apex:facet>
        </apex:column>

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.HCC_strNum__c}">

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Type__c}">
            <apex:facet name="header">Type</apex:facet>

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Confidence_Level__c}">
            <apex:facet name="header">Confidence Level</apex:facet>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>

I thought the best way to do this is to use the index number of the array to determine whether to highlight the field, but I don't know how to retrieve the index number. Is there way to achieve something like the line below? I know cRecords.indexnumber = 0 is not correct/valid, but I'm looking for what that syntax might be. 

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Name}" style="{!IF(cRecords.indexnumber = 0),"background-color: green;",""background-color: white);"
I need to know how to query to get all the configured multi-select picklist values. I need it from the general field configuration, not from a specific record. I have an apex class where I am selected records from an object. I only want to select those records that contain a value configured within this multi-select picklist field. This field is not linked to, nor should it be, to the multi-select picklist. 

I'll use the below screen shot to better explain. I want to query the custom multi-picklist field to get all valid values. So looking at the screen shot below, I want the query to return (106, 107, 108, 109, 117, 119, 126, 127, 128). It seems this should be easy to do, but I can't find anything that points me in the right direction. 

User-added image

Thanks in advance for any help provideded!
I have a custom button on my activity related list of a custom object named member. I'm converting it from using the URL hack method to the javascript method. That button executes the following javascript when clicked:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")}

var taskObj = new sforce.SObject("Task");
taskObj.Subject ='Received DNE call';
tskObject.tsk3 = 'Member'

var result = sforce.connection.create([taskObj]);

if (result[0].success=='false') {
alert(result[0].errors.message);
} else {
var newURL = '/' + result[0].id + '/e';
window.open(newURL,"_self");
}

Without the line
in the code, this works great. However, I need to set the Related To object to my custom object Member, otherwise it defaults to Opportunity. Using the URL hacking method to open a new task, I can pass the object reference via the tsk3_mlktp=a07 (with a07 being the ID of my custom Member object), but that doesn't work in the javascript method. 

I've tried the following lines of code, all of which give me an error of tskObject is not defined
tskObject.What = 'Member'
tskObject.What = 'a07'
tskObject.tsk3_mlktp = 'Member'
tskObject.tsk3_mlktp = 'a07'
tskObject.tsk3 = 'a07'

Any ideas out there on how to pass the object ID/name to get the Related To drop-down to default to the correct object?
I have a VisualForce page displaying some fields. When these fields have any value other than "none" selected, the users would like to see the field highlighted in some manner. 

Here's what the screen currently looks like:
User-added image

Here's an example of what I'd like (exactly where the highlighting takes place, whether it's shading or changing font color of whatever is flexible) it to look like:
User-added image

My VF page code is as follows (note: the page has more elements displayed below the screen shot, but those aren't relevant to the question, so I cut them off to save space on the screen shot):

<apex:page standardController="ACA_Member__c" extensions="reloadACAMember,risk_ControllerExtension">

<style>
   .col1 {width:200px; text-align:right; font-size:.875em; font-weight:bold; color:rgb(74,74,86);}
   .col2 {width:200px; text-align:left;}
   .colp1 {width:100px; text-align:right; font-size:.875em; font-weight:bold; color:rgb(74,74,86);}
   .colp2 {width:100px; text-align:left;}
   .colp3 {width:100px; text-align:left;}
   .colh1 {width:400px; height:25px; text-align:center; background-color:#A9D0F5;}
</style>

<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock mode="edit">

<apex:pageblockButtons >
            <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" reRender="updateable, relatedList"/>
        </apex:pageblockButtons>

<apex:panelGrid columns="2" columnClasses="col1,col2" border="0">

<apex:outputText >Lifestyle Segment</apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Lifestyle_Segment__c}"/>

<apex:outputText >Favorable to ?</apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Favorability__c}"/>

<apex:outputText >Engaged in Health Decisions?</apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Health_Decisions__c}"/>

<apex:outputText >Prefers Details or Highlights?</apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Details_Highlights__c}"/>

</apex:panelGrid>

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" columnClasses="colh1" border="0">
            <apex:outputLabel ><b>Provider Information</b></apex:outputLabel> 

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" columnClasses="colp1,colp2,colp3" border="0">

<apex:outputLabel ></apex:outputLabel>  
            <apex:outputLabel ><b>Confirmed</b></apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:outputLabel ><b>Attributed</b></apex:outputLabel>

<apex:outputLabel >Name</apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Confirmed_Provider__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!riskProfile.Attributed_Provider__c}"/>

<apex:outputLabel >NPI</apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Confirmed_NPI__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!riskProfile.Attributed_NPI__c}"/>

<apex:outputText ><b>Rep Determined Do Not Engage</b></apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.DNE__c}"/>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

One thought I had is that I could use the rendered attribute to display it one way if the value is not null, but another way if it is null. However, when I test this, I cannot the ISBLANK function to return either TRUE or FALSE. Even if this works, it seems like a really clunky, less than ideal solution. But I'm new to this (certified admin, but no developer training), so I'm just trying to figure something out. 

<apex:outputText rendered="ISBLANK({!ACA_Member__c.Lifestyle_Segment__c})>Lifestyle Segment</apex:outputText>

Anyone have ideas as to how I can accomplish what I need to? Thanks in advance. 
I would like to create a custom visualforce page for creating a new task. Scenario: user clicks a button on the Activities related list on the parent object. That button launches a VF force page with both standard fields and custom fields for the Task. User populates those fields, then clicks Save. 

I've tried all sorts of things hobbled together from research online, but so far, no luck. 

(I'm a newbie at VF and apex)

Here's my current VF Page code:

<apex:page standardController="Task" extensions="extension_task">
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" />
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Quick Edits" columns="1">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Whatid}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Subject}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Representative__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Category__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Comments__c}" style="width:400px; height:200px"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Perceived_Call_Value__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Referred_To__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Interaction__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>

Here's the apex class extension:

public class extension_task{

Task task = new Task();

public extension_task(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
      this.task = (Task)controller.getRecord();  
    }

}

I think a problem is that Task cannot be used as a StandardController. I tried setting the StandardController="ACA_Member__c", but that gives me an error (Error: Unknown property 'ACA_Member__cStandardController.Task'). It seems I should be able to use my custom object with standardController based on this page (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_controller_std_associate.htm).

Thanks any advance for any help!
I have inline editing enabled. It works from the default screen for my object that lists all of the records (members) in that custom object. In the screen shot below, if the user double clicks in the Do Not Engage field or in the Log DNE Call field (the two checkboxes), they are able to edit those values. 

User-added image

However, when a search is done in the global search box at the top to narrow down the records available, inline editing will not work for the returned record(s). That is, I cannot double click on either of the checkbox fields to change their value.

User-added image

Any idea if I can make inline editing work for the Record Results list? I posted this on the Salesforce Success Community and got the answer that it's not possible. However, I wanted to see if maybe there is a VF page or something I could create to make this possible. 
I have a custom list button that I want to open up a task window with some fields pre-populated. I can pre-populate all the fields I need to except the Related To field, however, I can set the Related To object to my custom object. I just can't get the name to populate in the Related To field

Here's my URL hack
/00T/e?tsk3={!ACA_Member__c.Name}&tsk3_mlktp=a07&followup=1&tsk5=Received DNE member call&00Ni000000Ci0El=DNE call&tsk6=Logged via quick DNE button&retURL={!ACA_Member__c.Id}

Here's a screen shot. The URL successfully sets the object for "Related To" to ACA Member (the red circle), but I can't get the member's name to display in the related text field (the green arrow field). 
User-added image

I have tried this string, too:
/00T/e?what_id={!ACA_Member__c.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Received DNE member call&00Ni000000Ci0El=DNE call&tsk6=Logged via quick DNE button&retURL={!ACA_Member__c.Id}

Can anyone help me out with this? I feel like I'm going in circles because everything I've found online says that that the what_id should do what I need it to. Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to create a custom link in a search result list? What I want is to remove the "Del" action link (I know how to do this) and replace it with a custom link "DNE" which will have an action attached to it that will create an activity logging that a call was received rom a DNE client. Basically, I want to save my reps the time of clicking into the record and logging an activity if they see the "Rep Do Not Engage" flag is true. Is this possible?

User-added image
I have a VF page displaying as a component in a custom console. It allows the user to perform what I call "quick edits" for a few key fields. When the console is opened, those fields are displayed with the component in edit mode. If the users changes or adds to these fields, then clicks save, it does save the records as I want it to. However, instead of refreshing to display the VF page, it refreshes to display the page layout of the (custom) object into which the records were saved. 

For a visual example, the first screen shot is what I want the left side component to look like all the time (before a save and after a save).
console component (VF page) as I want it to be before and after a save

This is what the page looks like after a save - it displays the object's detail page in view mode. I want it to display my custom VF page which is the edit mode shown above. 

User-added image

Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any contributions!
I have three custom objects (A, B, C with A being the parent of B; B being the parent of C).

Goal: Create a single console screen with :
  • all details for Object A
  • all details for the most recent Object B
  • all records for Object C that are related to the most recent Object B

1. Is this possible?
2. Can anyone give me a high-level starting point so I can start researching from there

I've tried lots of things with creating different Visualforce pages to display different details from the various Objects, but i just can't get it to work. 
I want to change the background color for the first row of data in a table displayed on a visual force page. I am thinking the best way to do this is change the style based on a test of which record is being displayed. However, I'm not sure how to determine which record is being displayed. 

Here's the code in a portion of my VF page:

<apex:pageBlock >   
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!cRecords}" var="cRecord">

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Name}">

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.HCC_strNum__c}">

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Type__c}">
            <apex:facet name="header">Type</apex:facet>

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Confidence_Level__c}">
            <apex:facet name="header">Confidence Level</apex:facet>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>

I thought the best way to do this is to use the index number of the array to determine whether to highlight the field, but I don't know how to retrieve the index number. Is there way to achieve something like the line below? I know cRecords.indexnumber = 0 is not correct/valid, but I'm looking for what that syntax might be. 

<apex:column value="{!cRecord.Name}" style="{!IF(cRecords.indexnumber = 0),"background-color: green;",""background-color: white);"
I have a custom button on my activity related list of a custom object named member. I'm converting it from using the URL hack method to the javascript method. That button executes the following javascript when clicked:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")}

var taskObj = new sforce.SObject("Task");
taskObj.Subject ='Received DNE call';

var result = sforce.connection.create([taskObj]);

if (result[0].success=='false') {
alert(result[0].errors.message);
} else {
var newURL = '/' + result[0].id + '/e';
window.open(newURL,"_self");
}

Without the line
in the code, this works great. However, I need to set the Related To object to my custom object Member, otherwise it defaults to Opportunity. Using the URL hacking method to open a new task, I can pass the object reference via the tsk3_mlktp=a07 (with a07 being the ID of my custom Member object), but that doesn't work in the javascript method. 

I've tried the following lines of code, all of which give me an error of tskObject is not defined
tskObject.What = 'Member'
tskObject.What = 'a07'
tskObject.tsk3_mlktp = 'Member'
tskObject.tsk3_mlktp = 'a07'
tskObject.tsk3 = 'a07'

Any ideas out there on how to pass the object ID/name to get the Related To drop-down to default to the correct object?
I have a VisualForce page displaying some fields. When these fields have any value other than "none" selected, the users would like to see the field highlighted in some manner. 

Here's what the screen currently looks like:
User-added image

Here's an example of what I'd like (exactly where the highlighting takes place, whether it's shading or changing font color of whatever is flexible) it to look like:
User-added image

My VF page code is as follows (note: the page has more elements displayed below the screen shot, but those aren't relevant to the question, so I cut them off to save space on the screen shot):

<apex:page standardController="ACA_Member__c" extensions="reloadACAMember,risk_ControllerExtension">

<style>
   .col1 {width:200px; text-align:right; font-size:.875em; font-weight:bold; color:rgb(74,74,86);}
   .col2 {width:200px; text-align:left;}
   .colp1 {width:100px; text-align:right; font-size:.875em; font-weight:bold; color:rgb(74,74,86);}
   .colp2 {width:100px; text-align:left;}
   .colp3 {width:100px; text-align:left;}
   .colh1 {width:400px; height:25px; text-align:center; background-color:#A9D0F5;}
</style>

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" reRender="updateable, relatedList"/>

<apex:outputText >Lifestyle Segment</apex:outputText>

<apex:outputText >Favorable to ?</apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Favorability__c}"/>

<apex:outputText >Engaged in Health Decisions?</apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Health_Decisions__c}"/>

<apex:outputText >Prefers Details or Highlights?</apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Details_Highlights__c}"/>

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" columnClasses="colh1" border="0">
            <apex:outputLabel ><b>Provider Information</b></apex:outputLabel> 

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" columnClasses="colp1,colp2,colp3" border="0">

<apex:outputLabel ><b>Confirmed</b></apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:outputLabel ><b>Attributed</b></apex:outputLabel>

<apex:outputLabel >Name</apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Confirmed_Provider__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!riskProfile.Attributed_Provider__c}"/>

<apex:outputLabel >NPI</apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.Confirmed_NPI__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!riskProfile.Attributed_NPI__c}"/>

<apex:outputText ><b>Rep Determined Do Not Engage</b></apex:outputText>
            <apex:inputField value="{!ACA_Member__c.DNE__c}"/>

One thought I had is that I could use the rendered attribute to display it one way if the value is not null, but another way if it is null. However, when I test this, I cannot the ISBLANK function to return either TRUE or FALSE. Even if this works, it seems like a really clunky, less than ideal solution. But I'm new to this (certified admin, but no developer training), so I'm just trying to figure something out. 

<apex:outputText rendered="ISBLANK({!ACA_Member__c.Lifestyle_Segment__c})>Lifestyle Segment</apex:outputText>

Anyone have ideas as to how I can accomplish what I need to? Thanks in advance. 
I would like to create a custom visualforce page for creating a new task. Scenario: user clicks a button on the Activities related list on the parent object. That button launches a VF force page with both standard fields and custom fields for the Task. User populates those fields, then clicks Save. 

I've tried all sorts of things hobbled together from research online, but so far, no luck. 

(I'm a newbie at VF and apex)

Here's my current VF Page code:

<apex:page standardController="Task" extensions="extension_task">
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" />
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Quick Edits" columns="1">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Whatid}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Representative__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Category__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Comments__c}" style="width:400px; height:200px"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Perceived_Call_Value__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Referred_To__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Interaction__c}"/>

Here's the apex class extension:

public class extension_task{

Task task = new Task();

public extension_task(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
      this.task = (Task)controller.getRecord();  
    }

}

I think a problem is that Task cannot be used as a StandardController. I tried setting the StandardController="ACA_Member__c", but that gives me an error (Error: Unknown property 'ACA_Member__cStandardController.Task'). It seems I should be able to use my custom object with standardController based on this page (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_controller_std_associate.htm).

Thanks any advance for any help!
I have inline editing enabled. It works from the default screen for my object that lists all of the records (members) in that custom object. In the screen shot below, if the user double clicks in the Do Not Engage field or in the Log DNE Call field (the two checkboxes), they are able to edit those values. 

User-added image

However, when a search is done in the global search box at the top to narrow down the records available, inline editing will not work for the returned record(s). That is, I cannot double click on either of the checkbox fields to change their value.

User-added image

Any idea if I can make inline editing work for the Record Results list? I posted this on the Salesforce Success Community and got the answer that it's not possible. However, I wanted to see if maybe there is a VF page or something I could create to make this possible. 
I have a custom list button that I want to open up a task window with some fields pre-populated. I can pre-populate all the fields I need to except the Related To field, however, I can set the Related To object to my custom object. I just can't get the name to populate in the Related To field

Here's my URL hack
/00T/e?tsk3={!ACA_Member__c.Name}&tsk3_mlktp=a07&followup=1&tsk5=Received DNE member call&00Ni000000Ci0El=DNE call&tsk6=Logged via quick DNE button&retURL={!ACA_Member__c.Id}

Here's a screen shot. The URL successfully sets the object for "Related To" to ACA Member (the red circle), but I can't get the member's name to display in the related text field (the green arrow field). 
User-added image

I have tried this string, too:
/00T/e?what_id={!ACA_Member__c.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Received DNE member call&00Ni000000Ci0El=DNE call&tsk6=Logged via quick DNE button&retURL={!ACA_Member__c.Id}

Can anyone help me out with this? I feel like I'm going in circles because everything I've found online says that that the what_id should do what I need it to. Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to create a custom link in a search result list? What I want is to remove the "Del" action link (I know how to do this) and replace it with a custom link "DNE" which will have an action attached to it that will create an activity logging that a call was received rom a DNE client. Basically, I want to save my reps the time of clicking into the record and logging an activity if they see the "Rep Do Not Engage" flag is true. Is this possible?

User-added image
I have a VF page displaying as a component in a custom console. It allows the user to perform what I call "quick edits" for a few key fields. When the console is opened, those fields are displayed with the component in edit mode. If the users changes or adds to these fields, then clicks save, it does save the records as I want it to. However, instead of refreshing to display the VF page, it refreshes to display the page layout of the (custom) object into which the records were saved. 

For a visual example, the first screen shot is what I want the left side component to look like all the time (before a save and after a save).
console component (VF page) as I want it to be before and after a save

This is what the page looks like after a save - it displays the object's detail page in view mode. I want it to display my custom VF page which is the edit mode shown above. 

User-added image

Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any contributions!
I have three custom objects (A, B, C with A being the parent of B; B being the parent of C).

Goal: Create a single console screen with :
  • all details for Object A
  • all details for the most recent Object B
  • all records for Object C that are related to the most recent Object B

1. Is this possible?
2. Can anyone give me a high-level starting point so I can start researching from there

I've tried lots of things with creating different Visualforce pages to display different details from the various Objects, but i just can't get it to work. 
I'm working in a free trial instance of the Service Cloud Console. I have created only one object and a few VF pages with very, very minimal stuff in them. As I'm a newbie, I'm trying to upload a css file (with almost nothing in it to start, being guided by this post http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Creating_Professional_PDF_Documents_with_CSS_and_Visualforce) as a static resource. I did that and added the reference to the style sheet in my VF page. Now when I try to use the Developer Console I get a REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error saying "Could not open workspace: TotalRequests Limit exceeded." I can't imagine how I could possibly exceeding anything. It's a virutally empty environment, data and code-wise. 

Anyone have any tips? I can edit the VF page and Apex classes from within the Setup, but I'd like to use the Developer Console for ease of use. 

Any help that can be provided is most appreciated. 

Hi:

I want to re-create the Task Page in Visualforce and have the Whoid and what id filled in. Now, I can get this to work if I dont use the VF task page and use the standard task page. But I can not get it to work on the VF Page??/

Basically a user will click new task and it will open up this VF task page and have the whoid and whatid filled in automatically through URL. Do not know how to:

public PageReference Monitor(){

moni = new List<History__c>(
            [SELECT  id,
            Student__c
            FROM History__c 
            where Student__c=:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('oppIdd')
            AND id=:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('oppIddc')
            ]);

//PageReference newpage = new PageReference('/00T/e?who_id=' + monitorstudent[0].Student__c+ '&what_id=' + monitorstudent[0].Id + '&retURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp');
    PageReference newpage = new PageReference('/apex/Task?who_id=' + monitorstudent[0].Student__c+ '&what_id=' + monitorstudent[0].Id );

newpage.setRedirect(true);
        return newpage; 
} 
<apex:page standardController="Task" sidebar="false">

<apex:pageBlock title="Edit Task" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>                
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:actionRegion >
                <apex:pageBlockSection title="Basic Information" columns="1">
                <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Ownerid}"/>
                    <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                        <apex:outputLabel value="Subject"/>
                    </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Task.whoid}"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Task.whatid}"/>
            </apex:actionRegion>