• Manager
  • Deloitte CDS South Africa

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey gang! I'm putting together a report that is tracking the percentage of abandoned calls (people hanging up before call center rep gets to the call). Currently, my formula is thus:

1-Activity.isdc_inbound_call_answered__c:SUM/RowCount

Essentially, I've got a field called "Call Answered" that I'm summing up then dividing by the total number of calls. I subtract the whole bag from one and I get my abandonment percentage. All is well.

The problem arose when the powers that be told me they only want to include calls with a "Wait Time" (another field) over 30 sec. I have searched site after site, post after post and cannot find the solution to this. It boils down to this statement => "Add up all unanswered calls with a wait time of over 30 seconds, divide by the total number of calls, then subtract from one". Make sense? Good.

Please help pull me out of this interwebs rabbit hole. Thanks in advance!
Is it possible to create a validation rule across two fields.
For example
If "FieldA" (a text field) is populated then "FieldB" (a picklist field) cannot be populated.
and vice versa
If "FieldB" (a picklist field) is populated then "FieldA" cannot be popualted.

I am trying toTo download the standard Salesforce.com Partner WSDL. The instructions are to go to setup, Build, Develop, API. However, in API I do not have the option to click on WSDL.
I've used the Salesforce Web-to-Lead generator to create a W2L form that I've embedded on a site I'm working with. The site was built on ASP.NET, so I've had to adapt how the form's being submitted. That code is:

<input type="submit" name="send" value="Send" onclick="document.getElementById('Form').action='https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8';" />

It seems to work partially - I am taken to the thank you page that I've defined in the code, but the leads never make it to the Salesforce account. Does anybody have experience with using a W2L form in an ASP.NET environment? For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out why the leads don't make it in...
  • May 23, 2014
One of my customers sent me the following:

"We have a child object connected to Opportunities that is pretty simple – it consists of a couple of text fields, a date. Reps use it to record “next steps” for opportunities. What we need is the latest “Next Step” created related to an opportunity to populate a field on the parent opportunity with one of its text fields. This way, the latest “Next Step” can be included in reports along with opportunities and their products. I still haven’t looked into it too much but if it’s possible, I believe it’ll have to be a trigger. I guess the high level requirement here is we want to record next steps as deals progress but we also want the latest one – and only the latest one – to fit into a funnel report that is used to manage calls, etc."
hi,
i want to display a single standard picklist field in visualforce pages this has to be retrieved from that object
Error Error: Could not resolve field 'AutoNumber' from <apex:inputField> value binding '{!emp.AutoNumber}' in page IRTANUMBER

thanks in A davance
Trying to poll some opinion here. Got a standard VF page that I am quickly trying to uplift to be decent on Salesforce1. This document looks promising:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/salesforce1/Content/vf_dev_best_practices_approaches_mixed.htm

Now. It goes to great lengths to say what not to use in terms of pageBlock and pageBlockSection (which I have in my code that was inhereted), but what on earth are you meant to use in its stead? <div> etc?

For someone who isn't really an HTML head, it would be nice to have a little leg up.
Hello.

I have VF Page in Salesforce Classic in Andorid. I need to close that VF Page after saving the Records and go to Previous Record.

am using the Java Script functionalties provied in Salesforce Help Page to achive this, but its not working and give me the Error of Web page at Mobileforce:///Close migh be temprorily down or it may have moved Permanently to a new web Address.

Here is the link : https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_mobile_javascript_library.htm

any help is appreciaed.

Thanks.
  • January 24, 2014