• Safe Software Inc.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

Is there a way to capture soql queries and inserts in the debug logs.  For example, if Data Loader calls the API to export some Accounts, I'd like to see SELECT Id, Name FROM Account WHERE ID=<something> in the debug log.    

Or if someone sends an insert or update to an Account, I'd like to see the full ist of what's changed.  For example: 

INSERT (ID=<something>, Name="ABC Contracting")
UPDATE( ID=<something>, Name = "XYZ Consulting")

We have a black box application, pulling and sending data from our Financial System to Salesforce, but all I really see is validation rules, triggers and workflows firing.

I guess, I'm spoiled from MS SQL Profiler in the Database world.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,

I want to prevent users in my Partner Community from creating Chatter Posts.  I've created a trigger that checks the the list of Partner Users and will add an error if they are Partner Community user.

However, the Trigger.new on FeedItem doesn't contain the CreatedByID or InsertedByID before Insert, so the error never fires.  Here is the debug statement for a Trigger.new on FeedItem:
(FeedItem:{ParentId=005a000000AHEzLAAX, LikeCount=null, Type=TextPost, LastModifiedDate=null, LinkUrl=null, ContentSize=null, SystemModstamp=null, ContentData=null, RelatedRecordId=null, CommentCount=null, NetworkScope=null, ConnectionId=null, Body=test 2, Title=null, InsertedById=null, CreatedById=null, CreatedDate=null, IsDeleted=false, Visibility=null, Id=null, ContentDescription=null, ContentFileName=null, ContentType=null})

Is there anyway to get the ID of the user who created the post before insert?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi All,

I would like to add a Button to the Case layout that allows a user to add themselves to the Case Team with one click.  Is this possible?  Following on Chatter is not an option.  

Thanks,
Shane

Hi All,

We migrated a Portal site using Chatter Answers to Communities and for the most part everything is fine.  However when a user selects "My Questions" it does not show any questions they created before the migration.  New Questions posted after the migration show up fine.

Our migration consisted mostly of switching the Chatter Answers Zone from Partner to Community.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi All,

I would like to add a Button to the Case layout that allows a user to add themselves to the Case Team with one click.  Is this possible?  Following on Chatter is not an option.  

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,

I want to prevent users in my Partner Community from creating Chatter Posts.  I've created a trigger that checks the the list of Partner Users and will add an error if they are Partner Community user.

However, the Trigger.new on FeedItem doesn't contain the CreatedByID or InsertedByID before Insert, so the error never fires.  Here is the debug statement for a Trigger.new on FeedItem:
(FeedItem:{ParentId=005a000000AHEzLAAX, LikeCount=null, Type=TextPost, LastModifiedDate=null, LinkUrl=null, ContentSize=null, SystemModstamp=null, ContentData=null, RelatedRecordId=null, CommentCount=null, NetworkScope=null, ConnectionId=null, Body=test 2, Title=null, InsertedById=null, CreatedById=null, CreatedDate=null, IsDeleted=false, Visibility=null, Id=null, ContentDescription=null, ContentFileName=null, ContentType=null})

Is there anyway to get the ID of the user who created the post before insert?

Thanks,
Shane

I have communities enabled in my org and i have a class which will auto add the new registered member to a chatter group.

CollaborationGroupMember cand = new CollaborationGroupMember(CollaborationGroupId=groupId, MemberId=UserId);
     try {
               insert cand;
                System.debug('Success insert cand >>'+ cand );
         }catch(DMLException e){
             System.debug('There was an error with the invite: '+e);
         }
but when i execute the code it give me this error -> "Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Entity is read-only: CollaborationGroupMember: []"

I am guessing my communities default Guest account doesnt have the right to insert new collaborationgroupmember record. is there a way to extend this permission for this guest profile?

Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks,
Shane

Hi All,

We migrated a Portal site using Chatter Answers to Communities and for the most part everything is fine.  However when a user selects "My Questions" it does not show any questions they created before the migration.  New Questions posted after the migration show up fine.

Our migration consisted mostly of switching the Chatter Answers Zone from Partner to Community.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,
Shane