• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm working on my first "real" lightning component, trying to extend what I've learned through a couple Trailhead trails and other Lightning component examples to my own real world component, but I can't figure why my inner component extends beyond the border of my outer component.

My scenario is this, I have a custom object with one or many contacts related to it.  I'm creating a record page component to show Activities related to the contacts who are related to my custom object record. I have an Apex class returning the activity records and my lightning component is showing those records.

The problem occurs with long Subject descriptions, despite my attemp to use slds-truncate.  How do I keep my inner component from extending beyond the border of my outer component?

Here's what I see:
User-added image

Here's my outer component (tasksRelatedToFundList):
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId" access="global" controller="getActivitiesRelatedToFund" >
    <!-- Handle component initialization in a client-side controller -->
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" />

<!-- Dynamically load the list of tasks -->
    <aura:attribute name="recordId" type="Id" />
    <aura:attribute name="tasks" type="Task[]" />
    <aura:attribute name="taskList" type="Task[]" />
    <aura:attribute name="totalTasks" type="Integer" />

<!-- Page header with a counter that displays total number of tasks -->
    <div class="slds-page-header slds-page-header--object-home">
        <lightning:layout >
            <lightning:layoutItem >
                <lightning:icon iconName="standard:task" />
            </lightning:layoutItem>
            <lightning:layoutItem class="slds-m-left--small">
                <p class="slds-text-title--caps slds-line-height--reset">Activities</p>
                <h1 class="slds-page-header__title slds-p-right--x-small">Related Activities</h1>
        </lightning:layout>

<lightning:layoutItem >
                <p class="slds-text-body--small">{!v.totalTasks} Activities</p>

<!-- BOXED AREA -->
        <fieldset class="slds-box slds-theme--default slds-container--small">
            <!-- Body with list of tasks -->
                <lightning:layoutItem padding="horizontal-small" >
                    <!-- Iterate over the list of tasks and display them -->
                    <aura:iteration var="task" items="{!v.tasks}">
                        <c:tasksRelatedToFund task="{!task}"/>
                    </aura:iteration>
        </fieldset>
    </div>
</aura:component>

Here's my inner component (tasksRelatedToFund):
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome">
    <aura:attribute name="task" type="Task" />

<span class="slds-assistive-text">Email</span>
    <div class="slds-media">
        <div class="slds-media__body">
            <div class="slds-media slds-media--timeline slds-timeline__media--call">
                <div class="slds-media__figure slds-timeline__icon">
                    <div class="slds-icon_container">
                        <lightning:icon iconName="standard:email" size="x-small" alternativeText="email"/>  
                    </div>
                </div>
                <div class="slds-media__body">
                    <p class="slds-truncate" title="{!v.task.Subject}"><a onclick="{!c.goToRecord}">{!v.task.Subject}</a></p>
                    <p class="slds-p-horizontal--none"> <ui:outputDate value="{!v.task.ActivityDate}"/> </p>
                    <p class="slds-truncate">{!v.task.Status}</p>
                    <ul class="slds-list--horizontal slds-wrap">
                        <li class="slds-m-right_large">             
                            <ui:inputTextArea aura:id="comments" value="{!v.task.Description}" rows="5" cols="65" disabled="true" />
                        </li>
                    </ul>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</aura:component>
I'm working on my first "real" lightning component, trying to extend what I've learned through a couple Trailhead trails and other Lightning component examples to my own real world component, but I can't figure out how to make a field look a certain way.

My scenario is this, I have a custom object with one or many contacts related to it.  I'm creating a record page component to show Activities related to the contacts who are related to my custom object record. I have an Apex class returning the activity records and my lightning component is showing those records.  However, the Activity Description field in my component extends in size to show all of the text within the Description.  I can't figure out how to add a vertical scroll bar to my field.  

I'd like to try to mimick one of the features of the standard Activities component, where the Description field is set to show the first 10 lines and offers a vertical scroll bar to see more.

What type of component item provides the means to show the vertical scroll bar and limit its size?

Here's an example, where my component extends the Activity Description field to fit the text.
Custom lightning component showing Description field extended to fit the text
Here's the standard Activity component where the Description is limited to 10 lines and offers a scroll bar to show more.
User-added image
Our organization recently had the Middle Name and Suffix Fields beta enabled for our Contact records. Those fields are available now within our organization.

We are now working on an integration project to initially load data into Salesforce and eventually to synchronize it with another back end system. We are using a combination of REST API and Bulk API to load and synchronize data with our SF organization.

The issue is, we do not see the Middle Name and Suffix fields through the API. I can query the Middle Name and Suffix fields within the Developer Console, but they are not visible through the API.

Why are these fields not available through the API?
I'm working on my first "real" lightning component, trying to extend what I've learned through a couple Trailhead trails and other Lightning component examples to my own real world component, but I can't figure out how to make a field look a certain way.

My scenario is this, I have a custom object with one or many contacts related to it.  I'm creating a record page component to show Activities related to the contacts who are related to my custom object record. I have an Apex class returning the activity records and my lightning component is showing those records.  However, the Activity Description field in my component extends in size to show all of the text within the Description.  I can't figure out how to add a vertical scroll bar to my field.  

I'd like to try to mimick one of the features of the standard Activities component, where the Description field is set to show the first 10 lines and offers a vertical scroll bar to see more.

What type of component item provides the means to show the vertical scroll bar and limit its size?

Here's an example, where my component extends the Activity Description field to fit the text.
Custom lightning component showing Description field extended to fit the text
Here's the standard Activity component where the Description is limited to 10 lines and offers a scroll bar to show more.
User-added image
Hi, 

I'm trying to make a public form that prefills fields with a contact through a parameter. I'm able to do this in FormAssembly but I'm having troubles understanding the Secure Parameters way in this link https://help.formassembly.com/help/508885-prefill-lookups-using-secure-parameters.

I don't understand how can i use that to export the data and send a mass email. Could someone explain me where should i use that visualforce code in the example?

Also i would like to know how hard is it to do this with Visualforce and a Site.

Sorry for the noob question and my english
Our organization recently had the Middle Name and Suffix Fields beta enabled for our Contact records. Those fields are available now within our organization.

We are now working on an integration project to initially load data into Salesforce and eventually to synchronize it with another back end system. We are using a combination of REST API and Bulk API to load and synchronize data with our SF organization.

The issue is, we do not see the Middle Name and Suffix fields through the API. I can query the Middle Name and Suffix fields within the Developer Console, but they are not visible through the API.

Why are these fields not available through the API?