• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello All,

I am having an issue when trying to convert leads. We need to be able to enter the email, phone and address on the account record as well as the contact record. The issue is they are standard fields and when the account or contact already exists it does not override the existing information on the records if they are not blank.

I wanted to know if it was possible to make sure that these fields always override the values through the use of apex code without trying to create hidden fields with workflow rules. I need for the standard email, phone and address fields to always enter in the newly converted information to the records even if they already exist and contain data.

If this is possible with Apex Code does anyone have a snippet that shows how to do this with just one field? If so, could you post an answer to this question? Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Respectfully,
Scott
Hello All,

I am having an issue when trying to convert leads. We need to be able to enter the email, phone and address on the account record as well as the contact record. The issue is they are standard fields and when the account or contact already exists it does not override the existing information on the records if they are not blank.

I wanted to know if it was possible to make sure that these fields always override the values through the use of apex code without trying to create hidden fields with workflow rules. I need for the standard email, phone and address fields to always enter in the newly converted information to the records even if they already exist and contain data.

If this is possible with Apex Code does anyone have a snippet that shows how to do this with just one field? If so, could you post an answer to this question? Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Respectfully,
Scott