• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I just have a brief overview of Apex, but I'm wondering if someone can help me here.

I have two custom objects:
Parent Object: Requests
Related Child Object: Requestor

On the parent object, I have a picklist field: Request Status (None, In Progress, Complete)
On the child object, I have a checkbox: Request Complete

I need a workflow to trigger when Request Complete = True. However, I don't want to manually edit the checkbox. I need an Apex trigger that will edit the child object when the parent object is edited, and I need that to trigger my workflow on the child object. I need an Apex Trigger that will do the following:

When Request Status = Complete
Then Resource Complete = True

Is this possible? If so, could someone help show what such a code would look like?
Hi,

I just have a brief overview of Apex, but I'm wondering if someone can help me here.

I have two custom objects:
Parent Object: Requests
Related Child Object: Requestor

On the parent object, I have a picklist field: Request Status (None, In Progress, Complete)
On the child object, I have a checkbox: Request Complete

I need a workflow to trigger when Request Complete = True. However, I don't want to manually edit the checkbox. I need an Apex trigger that will edit the child object when the parent object is edited, and I need that to trigger my workflow on the child object. I need an Apex Trigger that will do the following:

When Request Status = Complete
Then Resource Complete = True

Is this possible? If so, could someone help show what such a code would look like?