• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need a trigger to send an email from SF to Exact Target using the integration.  The documentation for the integration provides the following code for the trigger- but it is wrong, or at least can't get it to save.
Object Name.trigger Trig_Object Name on Object Name (after insert, after update) {
et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate('Object Name'); }
For example:
trigger Trig_Lead on Lead (after insert, after update) {
et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate('Lead');}
This will be on the Contact object for a "Consumer" RT, so I think I need to have it be something like this:
 trigger Trig_Contact on Contact (after insert, after update) {
    for(Contact consumer : Trigger.new) {
    if (consumer.Type == 'Consumer')
    {et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate('Contact');
}}}
Do I need the for loop?   
The use case is when a new Contact is created with a WFR to send an acknowledging email to the Contact (for a warranty registration).
This is my first crack at writing a trigger, I'm the Admin.  I haven't seen how to use something like et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate. 
Thanks.
Customer has built a u/I for their legacy application (AS400) and renders key sales/order reports to the reps in the field. All I am trying to do this get this as another tab with in their salesforce ORG. Nothing fancy, the data source, the current application what data it pulls all remains as is. I am not trying to replicate the functionality in salesforce (simply put). I know we can this with canvas app. If any of you have done it, kindly expand on it. thank you

Regards

Vishy
I need a trigger to send an email from SF to Exact Target using the integration.  The documentation for the integration provides the following code for the trigger- but it is wrong, or at least can't get it to save.
Object Name.trigger Trig_Object Name on Object Name (after insert, after update) {
et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate('Object Name'); }
For example:
trigger Trig_Lead on Lead (after insert, after update) {
et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate('Lead');}
This will be on the Contact object for a "Consumer" RT, so I think I need to have it be something like this:
 trigger Trig_Contact on Contact (after insert, after update) {
    for(Contact consumer : Trigger.new) {
    if (consumer.Type == 'Consumer')
    {et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate('Contact');
}}}
Do I need the for loop?   
The use case is when a new Contact is created with a WFR to send an acknowledging email to the Contact (for a warranty registration).
This is my first crack at writing a trigger, I'm the Admin.  I haven't seen how to use something like et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate. 
Thanks.