• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My organization requires a specific (and short) timeout for a particular case record type.  Only a subset of our users need access to these records so I have created dedicated profiles for the users who view this data.  

Now I need to prevent users who don't have this profile from being able to access the records.  I've done what I can with OWDs, profiles, sharing button (removed the button from the page layout for this record type), but now I'm trying to figure out how I can block access via the case team.

I have a case open with salesforce and the support rep recommended creating a VFpage for the record type.  I don't code so I'm trying to figure out what all of the options are before we try to bring on outside resources.  A validation rule isn't possible.  I could remove the case team related list from the page layout but I feel like someone might want to add a team member some day.  I did see the trailhead for 'with sharing' here (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/data-leak-prevention/identify-and-prevent-sharing-violations).  I don't really understand it but am trying to at least understand if it might be a possible solution.  Also I have had to create a trigger in the past to block users from deleting opportunity products.  I'm wondering if I could do the same for this.  Create a trigger that will block sharing for this record type with all users who don't have a particular word in their profile name.  

I'm really bummed that this is so complicated :/

Thanks in advance for your help!

We are trying to connect to Jira using a connector created by a ServiceRocket. It's the a new connector that will replace the one found at this link: https://marketplace.servicerocket.com/product/connector-for-salesforcecom-and-jira
ServiceRocket has informed us that the connector is currently out for security review by Salesforce so that it can be listed on the appexchange. We are trying to get started with testing.

We are having problems, however, connecting using the app. I have attached a copy of the error message my coworker is receiving. Please note that I very recently enabled "Limit API access to connected apps to those with the policy, "Admin approved users are pre-authorized". With this, we installed the Jira Connector, unblocked it, and added the System Admin profile to the connected app profiles. The user trying to connect is a System Admin.
I'm wondering if there is a step that we missed for the connected app.

If all steps for the connected app have been taken, is there a way to run some kind of debug log of something to take a closer look at what is going on?

I also want to mention that we have had the custom domain cause issues for us in the past when we first tried to connect to Adaptive Insights. The team at Adaptive Insights had hard coded 'login.salesforce.com' into their code so it was blocking us from connecting with our custom domain. Just wanted to throw that out there in case that is something we also might want to look at.User-added image
I am not a developer and I am trying to remove some Apex from production.  I'm trying to use what is outlined in the blog post here (https://www.salesforceben.com/way-to-delete-apex-classes-from-production/) with my mac.  I'm using textedit and I don't see a way to save as All Types.  Can someone tell me how to do this on a mac?

thank you in advance for your help!
I have a change set I'm trying to validate and I get the following error and I don't understand what it means.  There is one custom lookup field in the change set. 

duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>

Hi,

I'm not a developer so I was wondering if anyone could help me better understand what might be the best integration option for us.  We have a relatively simple set of data on a csv that we would like to have updated regularly in Salesforce.  There are only about 7 columns/fields in the dataset and all of them are to be updated in one object in Salesforce.  

A few options I'm seeing are 
1. using the csv with commandline and dataloader to set automated updates on a schedule.
2. connecting to our BDM and using Salesforce connect - we do want to report on the data so the report considerations here (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=platform_connect_considerations_reports.htm&type=5) might be a deterrent.  
3. connecting to our BDM directly without using Salesforce connect.  

I was wondering if I could hear from others about which might make the most sense and why.  Also if there are other options that might make more sense than the above would love to hear those too.

I've created a visualforce page and a trigger in the past.  For the trigger I remember having to create a test class for it.  I had to ask Salesforce support to help me.  I'm not a developer.

Now I have another visualforce page I want to deploy and I'm wondering if I have to create a test class for this.  I don't recall having to create a test class for the first visualforce page.  How do I know when I need to create a test class?

I am trying to create a simple reference table that our support agents can see on the case record.  I don't need it to contain data from Salesforce only pre-defined text.  I would like it to have 2 columns and 4 rows.  It will be somewhat similar to the image I have inserted.  I'm not a developer so I was wondering if someone could provide a sample of something similar they have to help get me started.  Thanks in advance for your help!User-added image
I'd like to uninstall dlrs from production but when I attempt to do so I get errors that are related to Apex Classes.  When I navigate to the Apex Classes I am unable to deactivate or delete them.  
I'm not really sure how to proceed. It has been a long time since I have updated the app so I thought that doing that might help.  But there is an error message related to this as well.  There is an error that I need to grant access using the Salesforce Metadata API using the remote site setting.  When I attempt to create a remote site setting then I get yet another error since I had already set up a remote site setting when I first installed the app.  I reached out to the app developer to ask if our site could be removed from their list so that I could create another connection.  I have not yet heard back.  
Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can do here?
I have a validation rule on leads that is interferring with lead conversion.  
I need to keep it and I don't want to uncheck the box that will stop enforcing all validation rules, etc at the time of lead conversion.  

To avoid the validation rule error it seems like I might be able to create a before trigger that will make the status of the lead 'qualified', then I could add to the validation rule 'and lead status is not qualified'.  I'm an admin, not a developer so I was wondering if I could get some help with this.  Does anyone have a similar before trigger and test class that they could share?

I am an admin.  I don't code but worked with the community and a salesforce support rep to create the below trigger for preventing opportunity products from being deleted.  Now I need a test class to deploy it and I'm not sure how to create it.  Can anyone help?

trigger PreventOpportunityProductDeletion on OpportunityLineItem (before delete) {
    if(userinfo.getProfileId() != '00e60000001504CAAQ')
    {
        for(OpportunityLineItem oppli: trigger.old){
            oppli.adderror('Opportunity Product can only be deleted by a System Administrator.');
        }
    }
}
I have a few validation rules that are interfering in lead conversion.  They are GDPR related so I don't want to get rid of them.  I also don't want to uncheck the checkbox in the lead settings for requiring validation for converted leads.  I'm less concerned about validation, triggers, etc for what is in place today and more concerned about needing this in the future.  

So I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for these specific validation rules to write something in there so that they won't trigger when a lead is converted.  I know that adding status is 'qualified' and converted is 'true' to the validation rule won't work since those are applied after the validation rule runs.  Does anyone know if maybe I can write a before trigger to make 'lead status' 'qualified' so that these things are present when the validation rule fires?

I have also read some posts about people creating custom buttons to help with things like this.

I'd love to hear any ideas about how I might be able to get around this issue.
My company sells a platform as a service and we have been talking about integrating it with salesforce for a while.  And I was just contacted about a potentially urgent need to integrate the two systems to capture new signups to our inhouse platform and send them user activation and email update confirmation notifications.  We're likely going to want the notifications to go out in as close to real time as possible so I'm not even considering the possibility of me using a dataloader to add this info.  

What are the best options to get this functionality up and running as quickly as possible.  I don't think it would necessarily need to be the chosen long term solution, but we need to make sure that our users are getting these emails shortly after they create their users.  I'm not a developer.  I'm a solo salesforce admin so I don't have the expertise inhouse that can communicate the options and level of effort for each.  I do work with salesforce consultants, but this just popped up yesterday and I don't have the time to wait to get this scoped, etc. 

Basically we would be wanting to receive salesforce information for 2 external events.  1) when a user is created on our inhouse platform, and 2) when a user updates his/her email address on our inhouse platform.  These events would result in a record being created or updated, and email alerts would be sent to the leads for each event.  

As I mentioned I'm an admin so I know little about how APIs operate.  I'm trying to understand what we might be looking at in terms of API calls so I figure out if we might need additional calls.  Is it the case that an API call must be made to check for each of these events that have happened and if these things have happened then more calls are made to relay additional info to Salesforce.  Or is it possible to set this up so that an API call is triggered only at the time one of these events occurs (either a new user is created or a user email is updated). 

To help you better understand the situation, these particular leads would be added to salesforce purely for sending these email notifications as SendGrid and other similar products are unacceptable to our customer.  None of these leads would ever be subject to being converted.  They are not our prospects.

Hi,

I'm an admin and I'd like to create something to prevent non-SysAdmin users from deleting opportunity products.  The only option I'm seeing for this is creating a trigger...which I've never done.  I copied and pasted the below from something and am trying to swap things out, but I'm not sure what to plug in.  What should "Account acc" be for opportunity product?  How do I prevent this from being applied to admins?  Do I only need the trigger to get this to work?

trigger <PreventOpportunityProductDeletion> on OpportunityLineItem (<events>) {
     for(Account acc : trigger.old){
         acc.adderror('Account Cannot be deleted');
}
}

I'm trying to create a validation rule for opportunities that will return an error if Type is blank and the current user is the owner and the user's role is a specific role (indicating they are a sales rep).  Below is what I have but it isn't working.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

AND ( 
ISBLANK(TEXT( Type )) , 
$UserRole.Name = "Dir EMEA Sales", 
$UserRole.Name = "Dir N Am Sales", 
$UserRole.Name = "EMEA Sales Rep", 
$UserRole.Name = "EMEA Inside Sales Rep", 
$UserRole.Name = "N Am Sales Rep", 
OwnerId = $User.Id 
)
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

I am creating an approval process and in the last step, I would like the final approval to be based on a picklist value inserted by an API.  If picklist value is "success", then I would like to approve the record, lock the record, email the initial requestor, and update the status of the record to closed.  If picklist value is "fail" then I would like to reject the submission, send an email to the last approver informing him/her of the failure and requesting that they review the error message and make edits where needed, and update the record status to Pending Approval.  

How can I make this happen since I want a value from a field to determine if something is approved, and not a user?  I see that there is an option in Process Builder to submit a record for approval, but I don't see an option to approve.

This is my first time to create an approval process.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,
I'm trying to do some customization with a 3rd party app and it requires json.  I was wondering if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.  
Currently have the following.

{
  "contact" :
    {"contactName"           : "name" , 
"contactFirstName"      : "FirstName" , 
"contactReportsToId"    : "ReportsToId" , 
"contactDescription"    : "Description" , 
"contactEmail"          : "Email" ,
"contactMaster"         : "AccountId" ,
"contactMasterHierarchy"    : "ParentId"
}}

I'm receiving the following error message.
Unexpected character ('{' (code 123)): was expecting double-quote to start field name at [line:1, column:3]

I'm an admin, not a developer.  I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.

I'm receiving an error message for this exercise with a tip that there are errors in the field names.  I have checked several times and they are just fine.  I'm not sure what to do.  

for the API names I have
Cylinder_Volume__c
radius__c
height__c

My formula is Data TypeFormula  
round(3.14159 * (radius__c ^2) * height__c,0)

I have no idea what the issue is.  Thanks in advance for your help!
I have been told that inserting the date of first activity isn't possible without code.  I was wondering if someone here can help with this.  I'm an admin so I don't know code unfortnuately :/

Below is the closest thing I could find to what I think I want/need is below, but it references marketo.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! 

LeadResponseTrigger on Task (before insert, before update) {
    if( UserInfo.getUserId() == '<Marketo's User ID>' ) {
        System.debug(LoggingLevel.Info, 'LeadResponseTrigger bypassing for Marketo');
       return;
    }

Set<Id> leadsToCheck = new Set<Id>();
    for(Task t : Trigger.new) {
        if(t.WhoId != null && String.valueOf(t.WhoId).startsWith('00Q') && t.Status != 'Pending' && t.ActivityDate <= Date.Today()) {
            leadsToCheck.add(t.WhoId);
        }
    }

List<Lead> leadsToUpdate = [Select Id, CreatedDate 
                                From Lead 
                                where ID in :leadsToCheck and First_touch_time__c = null AND CreatedDate > 2014-12-17T12:00:00Z ];
    for(Lead l : leadsToUpdate) {

l.First_touch_time__c = System.now();
    }
    update leadsToUpdate;

}
Our CEO uses chatter to stay-to-date on certain opportunities.  He closes watches the next step field.  
He would like to edit the text so that rather than "changed from X to Y" it is either "changed to Y from X" or "changed to Y".

He doesn't really care about the previous value.  It's practically meaningless text at that point.

Hi,

My organization has cases as a related list on our opportunity object. This is some customization that was created before I joined the organization. The relationship is adding cases to opportunities that they are not related to. I'd like to remove this relationship, but I can't find where I can do this.

Can you guys please help with this?

My organization requires a specific (and short) timeout for a particular case record type.  Only a subset of our users need access to these records so I have created dedicated profiles for the users who view this data.  

Now I need to prevent users who don't have this profile from being able to access the records.  I've done what I can with OWDs, profiles, sharing button (removed the button from the page layout for this record type), but now I'm trying to figure out how I can block access via the case team.

I have a case open with salesforce and the support rep recommended creating a VFpage for the record type.  I don't code so I'm trying to figure out what all of the options are before we try to bring on outside resources.  A validation rule isn't possible.  I could remove the case team related list from the page layout but I feel like someone might want to add a team member some day.  I did see the trailhead for 'with sharing' here (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/data-leak-prevention/identify-and-prevent-sharing-violations).  I don't really understand it but am trying to at least understand if it might be a possible solution.  Also I have had to create a trigger in the past to block users from deleting opportunity products.  I'm wondering if I could do the same for this.  Create a trigger that will block sharing for this record type with all users who don't have a particular word in their profile name.  

I'm really bummed that this is so complicated :/

I'm trying to create a validation rule for opportunities that will return an error if Type is blank and the current user is the owner and the user's role is a specific role (indicating they are a sales rep).  Below is what I have but it isn't working.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

AND ( 
ISBLANK(TEXT( Type )) , 
$UserRole.Name = "Dir EMEA Sales", 
$UserRole.Name = "Dir N Am Sales", 
$UserRole.Name = "EMEA Sales Rep", 
$UserRole.Name = "EMEA Inside Sales Rep", 
$UserRole.Name = "N Am Sales Rep", 
OwnerId = $User.Id 
)
Hi,

My organization has cases as a related list on our opportunity object. This is some customization that was created before I joined the organization. The relationship is adding cases to opportunities that they are not related to. I'd like to remove this relationship, but I can't find where I can do this.

Can you guys please help with this?