• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I created a canvas app and our QA department is trying to test.  The QA guy created himself a trial (it says Professional Edition) account.  However, when the app tries to execute using his credentials (supplied via OAuth2) the API methods fail with API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG.  The message is "API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner".

I tried to enable it for him, but under Setup->ManageUsers->users I can see his profile (System Administrator) but it 's not a link like I see using my account.  Also, there's no "Profiles" option under "Manage Users".

Please advise - I need all the users (companies already using Salesforce) to be able to use my app.

thanks!
Working on a cloud app.  We develop software that makes calls to 3rd part REST apis (ie Facebook or Twitter) to get/put data under the user's account (using OAuth2 procedures to authorize).

In Salesforce, I created a connected app and it works great for ME.  But we tried to use an account that belonged to a different organization and that failed.  We were able to login during the OAuth2 token acquisition procedure and received back both access & refresh tokens.  However, when we ran the app using that account the token was rejected.

I did some research and it appears that I would need to package my app and have the administrator of the other organization install it.  My coworkers are sure that this is wrong and that it should work fine just like FB & Twitter.  Am I wrong?  If so, any guess why the other user's token failed? Maybe I just need to tweak the app's permissions somehow?
Working on a cloud app.  We develop software that makes calls to 3rd part REST apis (ie Facebook or Twitter) to get/put data under the user's account (using OAuth2 procedures to authorize).

In Salesforce, I created a connected app and it works great for ME.  But we tried to use an account that belonged to a different organization and that failed.  We were able to login during the OAuth2 token acquisition procedure and received back both access & refresh tokens.  However, when we ran the app using that account the token was rejected.

I did some research and it appears that I would need to package my app and have the administrator of the other organization install it.  My coworkers are sure that this is wrong and that it should work fine just like FB & Twitter.  Am I wrong?  If so, any guess why the other user's token failed? Maybe I just need to tweak the app's permissions somehow?
Hi,

I created a canvas app and our QA department is trying to test.  The QA guy created himself a trial (it says Professional Edition) account.  However, when the app tries to execute using his credentials (supplied via OAuth2) the API methods fail with API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG.  The message is "API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner".

I tried to enable it for him, but under Setup->ManageUsers->users I can see his profile (System Administrator) but it 's not a link like I see using my account.  Also, there's no "Profiles" option under "Manage Users".

Please advise - I need all the users (companies already using Salesforce) to be able to use my app.

thanks!