• Director of Sales Operations
  • TUNE

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Apologies if this seems too basic for the developer discussion forum but I am once again stuck in limbo as an admin because the installed package with the button I need modified is saying that it is salesforce's responsibility and salesforce is saying all Lightning Java buttons that need conversion is on either the partner or end users to do. And, no matter how many trailheads I do, I can't seem to get the control I need on my button in Lightning like what I had in Classic. 

Long of the short, we have a button for "New Octiv Contract" in the opportunity that is a detail page button, execute Java, onclick java source...where I literally just want the button to surface an error and prevent them from moving forward if the related quote hasn't been approved. Previous logic was a series of if an opportunity custom field equals various different values, one including a blank, then they would get the error. And if not, then they would get directed to a window for creating the document in the installed package related to the opportunity they started from. 

I have used the "Lightning Experience Configuration Converter" to convert and deploy the button into a Lightning component and it is still allowing me to select the the new lightning component without hitting my error and preventing the creation of the document. 

The controller is showing:
({
    execute : function(component, event, helper) {
            // TODO: Review the migrated code
        if (''+component.get('v.sObjectInfo.Quote_Approval_Status__c')+'' == 'Ready for Approval' || ''+component.get('v.sObjectInfo.Quote_Approval_Status__c')+'' == 'In Progress' || ''+component.get('v.sObjectInfo.Quote_Approval_Status__c')+'' == 'Rejected' || ''+component.get('v.sObjectInfo.Quote_Approval_Status__c')+'' == '') 
{
  alert('You cannot create your contract until the Quote has been Approved');
} else {
helper.gotoURL(component, '/apex/tinderbox__create_document?sObjectType=Opportunity&recordId='+component.get('v.sObjectInfo.Id')+'');
}

$A.get("e.force:closeQuickAction").fire();   
    }
})

and the Componenet is showing:
<aura:component extends="c:LCC_GenericLightningComponent" >
        <aura:handler event="c:LCC_GenericApplicationEvent" action="{!c.execute}"/>
        <aura:set attribute="partially" value="false"></aura:set>
        <div style="height: 6rem;">
        <div role="status" class="slds-spinner slds-spinner_large slds-spinner_brand">
            <span class="slds-assistive-text">Loading</span>
            <div class="slds-spinner__dot-a"></div>
            <div class="slds-spinner__dot-b"></div>
        </div>
    </div>
</aura:component>

The info looks like it is all there in the controller that I want to check the action against but it doesn't matter what I enter in the custom field because I can always just move forward in creating a contract - whether the custom field shows it's approved or not. I am really hoping I am missing something totally obvious and dumb in deploying this properly but can't find any other information for what I am missing so here we go in asking you guys for help. TIA. 
I am working on the Salesforce1 Mobile Customization Badge and am in the module for the object specific quick actions. I have followed these steps:

Create a quick action on the event object for entering a prospective buyer's feedback
Your brokers want to capture the feedback of their potential buyers after they look at a property. Create a quick action on the event object so brokers can update an event with their notes immediately after a showing. Add the action to the publisher for the Showing layout.
Create a quick action for the event object
Action type: Update a Record
Label: Enter Feedback
Remove all the fields on the page layout except for Name
Put the Feedback field on the page layout
Add the Enter Feedback quick action to the publisher for the Showing Layout. You might have to override the predefined actions in the Salesforce1 section of the publisher.

And have this action done with layout streamlined:
User-added image

And the placement of the action:

User-added image

But I still get this error for Name and Feedback missing? 

User-added image

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure what I am missing. 
I am trying to control two installed packages in our org. We use Zuora Quotes and Octiv (formerly Tinderbox) for our CPQ solution. The issue is there are no base controls on the New Document button to prevent a seller from selecting it before their Quote is actually approved by their manager/finance/legal. The New Document button lives on the Opportunity and the Quote is a child of the Opportunity. 

What I did was create a custom field on the Opportunity with the same picklist values as the field on the Quote for Approval Status. The approval workflow updates this to ready for approval upon create, then in progress, approved or rejected through the approval steps. I then created a process builder (mimicing another process we have where we pull quote info to the opportunity) and have played around with the defined criteria for the action but it isn't firing. You can see my screenshots attached. 

Object chosen is Quote:
User-added image

This is the step I think that isn't firing properly because it needs to grab that the Quote Approval Status is now Approved

User-added image

Final step to update the field to the value of the other field
User-added image

Ideally, it would stay up to date through all of the steps of the approval but I already updated the syntax in the custom new document button to not allow the creation of the new document if the value is blank, rejected, in progress, or ready for approval so it's preventing the creation of the doc - but now too strongly because the field won't update to approved. 

Of course - this is all in Classic. I need to then convert this all to a Lightning Action ... which I haven't even started yet :(

thanks in advance for any help you can give!
We have populated help text for fields on a custom object. It shows in classic and not in Lightning. I came across a post that says it wasn't available as of Winter 16 but how about Spring 17? I haven't found anything on it in the release notes yet....
I am working on the Salesforce1 Mobile Customization Badge and am in the module for the object specific quick actions. I have followed these steps:

Create a quick action on the event object for entering a prospective buyer's feedback
Your brokers want to capture the feedback of their potential buyers after they look at a property. Create a quick action on the event object so brokers can update an event with their notes immediately after a showing. Add the action to the publisher for the Showing layout.
Add the Enter Feedback quick action to the publisher for the Showing Layout. You might have to override the predefined actions in the Salesforce1 section of the publisher.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure what I am missing. 

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

We have populated help text for fields on a custom object. It shows in classic and not in Lightning. I came across a post that says it wasn't available as of Winter 16 but how about Spring 17? I haven't found anything on it in the release notes yet....