• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm creating a CTI Adapter based on the Demo Adapter in CTI Toolkit 4.03 and noticed that it doesn't support automatic proxy configuration: the Softphone in IE/Chrome cannot even connect to the adapter!

To bypass this issue I call Chrome with explicit proxy settings (--proxy-server=x.x.x.x:x --proxy-bypass-list=localhost) and also added System.Net.WebProxy to Reference.cs\SforceService.
So now they can connect, but I'm still getting the below error in cti_connector.log:

05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  Http Send Request
Win32Error::
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: COM Error: Http Send Request
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::UpdateSid: Unable to get user ID.  Error message: Http Send Request

and also

05/20/2014 11:31:24: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  SFWinInet::Send::HttpSendRequestEx
The operation timed out
05/20/2014 11:31:58: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  SFWinInet::Send::HttpSendRequestEx
The operation timed out

The exception occurs in CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid when calling pSession->SessionId=CCTIUtils::StringToBSTR(sSid).
It calls SF_MSApi4.dll that probably cannot cope with proxy script.
I've also tried to use pSession->SetProxyInfo but it didn't make any difference.

If I set the proxy server manually in Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings, then everything works fine.
But in our production environment, the policy is to use automatic configuration script (PAC), so I'm not allowed
to manually set the proxy server.

Can you please suggest any solution or workaround?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I'm creating a CTI Adapter based on the Demo Adapter in CTI Toolkit 4.03 and noticed that it doesn't support automatic proxy configuration: the Softphone in IE/Chrome cannot even connect to the adapter!

To bypass this issue I call Chrome with explicit proxy settings (--proxy-server=x.x.x.x:x --proxy-bypass-list=localhost) and also added System.Net.WebProxy to Reference.cs\SforceService.
So now they can connect, but I'm still getting the below error in cti_connector.log:

05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  Http Send Request
05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: COM Error: Http Send Request
05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::UpdateSid: Unable to get user ID.  Error message: Http Send Request

and also

05/20/2014 11:31:24: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  SFWinInet::Send::HttpSendRequestEx
The operation timed out
05/20/2014 11:31:58: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  SFWinInet::Send::HttpSendRequestEx
The operation timed out

The exception occurs in CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid when calling pSession->SessionId=CCTIUtils::StringToBSTR(sSid).
It calls SF_MSApi4.dll that probably cannot cope with proxy script.
I've also tried to use pSession->SetProxyInfo but it didn't make any difference.

If I set the proxy server manually in Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings, then everything works fine.
But in our production environment, the policy is to use automatic configuration script (PAC), so I'm not allowed
to manually set the proxy server.

Can you please suggest any solution or workaround?

Thanks in advance!