• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone,

I've been stuck on this a few days now and can't seem to find any decent tutorials online that can help either.

I'm looking to create a custom object that I will call 'Reseller' this custom object needs to behave just like a Parent account for example.

The part that I am finding particularly difficult is being able to display related opportunities and accounts on the Reseller page.

In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to look up a reseller and then view the accounts or opportunities that they are related to.

Imagine it to be an Account page, only called Reseller instead.

Any help or suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated, I haven't worked with custom objects at all before.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Hi guys,

Totally new to reports and dashboard and am having trouble creating a report that I can use in a dashboard to illustrate how many opportunities advanced to the 'Closed Won' stage this week/month and the same report but for the previous week/month.

Is this possible? Can some one help me out? 

Thanks,

Ash

Hi everyone,

Bit of a trickey one here and in two parts, one being in setup/layout and the other being in how to report on it accurately.

Our company deal with many different account types across the hospitality industry e.g. Hotel, retail, cafe. These are billed in different ways too, e.g. price per room, price per user, price per login.

PART ONE

What i'm finding difficult is how to set out the relevant details for each in an account page without including fields that aren't necessary for certain opporunity types.

So for example......

Account type - Hotel

Required information

Billing - Price per room

Account type - Cafe

Required information

Billing - Price per login

I know how to use validation rules to ensure that certain fields are complete, but what I'm asking is if there is a way that I can make only certain fields appear for certain opportunity types. What I don't want to have is multiple fields of Billing type for each opporunity type as it will cause confusion.

Any suggestions please?

PART TWO

Once I am able to build part one, I then want to be able to report on each opporunity type individually. I don't have much experience with reporting and dashboards so this may actually be a very simple report to run.....hopefully.

For example, I'd like to run a report on all Hotels that are billed via price per room and understand what our monthly revenue from this would be.

I'd like to be able to run the same monthly report for other examples such as - Cafe's via price per login.

I really that at least some of this makes sense? It's a real hurdle for me to jump this week and I'm becoming increasingly lost in several ideas of how to do it and can't decide what's best so some outside suggestions may help open up a clearer avenue for me.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide,

Ash

Hi Everyone,

I'm completely new to creating custom reports/dashboards and am finding it quite the challenge to get the hang of.

I've created a few good reports but am completely stuck on the following...

I'd like to create 2 seperate reports - Leads created last week
                                                               - Leads converted last week

Can anyone help on how to piece this report together?

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to create a validation rule that forces users to addFirst name, Last name, company and a phone number OR an email address before converting a lead in to an opportunity. At the moment I can only seem to create a rule that asks for both email AND phone number but I only want one of them to be required before converting.

Can anyone help me with where I'm going wrong? This is what I currently have......

AND( IsConverted, OR(

ISBLANK(FirstName),
ISBLANK(LastName),
ISBLANK(Phone),
ISBLANK(Email),
ISBLANK(Company)
)
)

Many thanks,

Ash

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to create a validation rule or similar to ensure that an opportunity must pass through all of the stages before it can reach Closed Won? 

There are various validation rules that I have put in place to prevent people from advancing to certain stages without completing other rules but this does not prevent people from simply skipping stages at the start.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash

Hey Everyone,

I'm completely new to Salesforce so I apologise for my lack of Apex knowledge in advance, I am signing up to all of the relevant courses as we speak......

I'm having trouble creating a validation rule that makes sure an option from a picklist must be chosen before the stage can be advanced to 'Proposal/Price Quote' stage.

Can anyone help?

Would really appreciate any information or suggestions people may have.

Thanks,

Ash

Hi everyone,

I've been stuck on this a few days now and can't seem to find any decent tutorials online that can help either.

I'm looking to create a custom object that I will call 'Reseller' this custom object needs to behave just like a Parent account for example.

The part that I am finding particularly difficult is being able to display related opportunities and accounts on the Reseller page.

In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to look up a reseller and then view the accounts or opportunities that they are related to.

Imagine it to be an Account page, only called Reseller instead.

Any help or suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated, I haven't worked with custom objects at all before.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Hi guys,

Totally new to reports and dashboard and am having trouble creating a report that I can use in a dashboard to illustrate how many opportunities advanced to the 'Closed Won' stage this week/month and the same report but for the previous week/month.

Is this possible? Can some one help me out? 

Thanks,

Ash

Hi Everyone,

I'm completely new to creating custom reports/dashboards and am finding it quite the challenge to get the hang of.

I've created a few good reports but am completely stuck on the following...

I'd like to create 2 seperate reports - Leads created last week
                                                               - Leads converted last week

Can anyone help on how to piece this report together?

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to create a validation rule that forces users to addFirst name, Last name, company and a phone number OR an email address before converting a lead in to an opportunity. At the moment I can only seem to create a rule that asks for both email AND phone number but I only want one of them to be required before converting.

Can anyone help me with where I'm going wrong? This is what I currently have......

AND( IsConverted, OR(

ISBLANK(FirstName),
ISBLANK(LastName),
ISBLANK(Phone),
ISBLANK(Email),
ISBLANK(Company)
)
)

Many thanks,

Ash

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to create a validation rule or similar to ensure that an opportunity must pass through all of the stages before it can reach Closed Won? 

There are various validation rules that I have put in place to prevent people from advancing to certain stages without completing other rules but this does not prevent people from simply skipping stages at the start.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash

Hey Everyone,

I'm completely new to Salesforce so I apologise for my lack of Apex knowledge in advance, I am signing up to all of the relevant courses as we speak......

I'm having trouble creating a validation rule that makes sure an option from a picklist must be chosen before the stage can be advanced to 'Proposal/Price Quote' stage.

Can anyone help?

Would really appreciate any information or suggestions people may have.

Thanks,

Ash