• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am currently consulting for small to mid-size businesses and need occassional assistance building triggers as Apex is not something I am familiar with.  I am looking to form a partnership of sorts - when I need this type of help I come to you directly rather than trying to figure it out myself as learning code is not something I am particularly interested in.

If you are willing to be an jj"on-call" developer for me and my clients please message me back with your rates and keep in mind that I work for very small clients, sometimes only one user.  Thank you!

Dea Simon
I have a custom object named County that houses all U.S. data for zipcodes and counties.

I have a County custom field on my contacts.

I need help creating a simple trigger that will update the County field on my contact.  I want to match the zipcode on the contact with the zipcode on the county object and return the value of the county.

Screen shots are below:

Contact Image

User-added image
Hey all - I am an admin new to learning code and need a little help.  I have a custom object called Counties.  In this custom object are records that contain every zipcode, city, county, and state in the U.S.. 

I also have a "County" field on my contact object.

I would like to auto update the County field on my contact object automatically based on its zipcode.  I want to accomplish this by having the contact zipcode lookup the matching zipcode in the counties object and then return the actual County value onto the contact object.

Make sense?

I'm pretty sure I need an apex trigger for this but I haven't learned how to make these yet - can anyone give me some help?  Here are some screen shots of both my contact object and my counties custom object:

User-added image

User-added image
I am currently consulting for small to mid-size businesses and need occassional assistance building triggers as Apex is not something I am familiar with.  I am looking to form a partnership of sorts - when I need this type of help I come to you directly rather than trying to figure it out myself as learning code is not something I am particularly interested in.

If you are willing to be an jj"on-call" developer for me and my clients please message me back with your rates and keep in mind that I work for very small clients, sometimes only one user.  Thank you!

Dea Simon
Hey all - I am an admin new to learning code and need a little help.  I have a custom object called Counties.  In this custom object are records that contain every zipcode, city, county, and state in the U.S.. 

I also have a "County" field on my contact object.

I would like to auto update the County field on my contact object automatically based on its zipcode.  I want to accomplish this by having the contact zipcode lookup the matching zipcode in the counties object and then return the actual County value onto the contact object.

Make sense?

I'm pretty sure I need an apex trigger for this but I haven't learned how to make these yet - can anyone give me some help?  Here are some screen shots of both my contact object and my counties custom object:

User-added image

User-added image