• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The Setup:

We have a managed beta package that we are testing.  It has been installed in two different Enterprise Partner Edition organizations.

The Problem:

When trying to override the actions for a Custom Object that was installed by the managed beta package an Internal Server Error occurs.  This only happens if action already had a custom override defined by the managed beta package.

For example,  The "Edit" action has an override defined by the managed beta package to go to a custom vf page defined in the package.  When I click on "Edit" to change the assignment, I get the following error:

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Error ID: 1188587110-18325 (789661027)

This has happened in two different enterprise organizations where we have installed the beta package.  My understanding is that a subscriber should be able to override the actions of an installed package.  The error does not occur if we change the assignment of an action that does not have an override defined by the managed beta package.

How do we go about getting this situation resolved?
I want to replace the New Button on the Opportunity Home Page with a visual force page.  As I don't want my users to have the option to create a new opportunity from the this opportunity page.  I want to enforce that they only create a new opportunity from a Contact Record.  Has somebody done this recently?  If so could you share the speciciications with me so that I can build this myself and save some time?