• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using v29 of the API to communicate with Salesforce; in particular for Live Agent Chat. However, we are getting an error indicating that the ChatKey field is an invalid field. However, the LiveChatTranscript object documentation from Salesforce states that this field is available in API version 25.0 and later. So why can't we view or access the ChatKey field?
 We have a development environment in which I can see this field listed under the object, but it does not show up in a sandbox environment. Are there permissions required to enable this field?
I need to display the search results of a SOQL query in a Visualforce page. The results should be displayed in a list (e.g. 7 Contacts are returned in the search results - the list would have 7 rows). Can I do this without a controller class? I already have the search results. I do not need to run another query. I simply need a Visualforce page to display the results. If I have to use a controller class is there a way to pass the search results (i.e. list of objects) into the controller via the ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters() method or by some other means? Or is there another way to display the results without even using the Visualforce page?

Thanks!
Hello,

I have created the following trigger:

trigger CreateFolder on Case (after insert) {
  for (Case a : trigger.new) {
     ......  + a.CreatedById);
    }     
  }

According to the debug logs when this trigger fires, a.CreatedById is returning value
005E0000000NXHpIAO
Also I have a button that an end user can select after the case is submitted. This button references {!Case.CreatedById} . I assumed that I should get the same value back as I did when I called the property from the trigger. However, that is not the case. When I select the button, I get 005E0000000NXHp returned.

Why is there a difference between the CreatedById value returned from the trigger and from the button? I need an identical value returned in both cases.

thanks,
Trudy
I need to display the search results of a SOQL query in a Visualforce page. The results should be displayed in a list (e.g. 7 Contacts are returned in the search results - the list would have 7 rows). Can I do this without a controller class? I already have the search results. I do not need to run another query. I simply need a Visualforce page to display the results. If I have to use a controller class is there a way to pass the search results (i.e. list of objects) into the controller via the ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters() method or by some other means? Or is there another way to display the results without even using the Visualforce page?

Thanks!