• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello All,
I've researched and it appears most agree that what I'm looking to do just isn't possible.  This is in the lightning forum but could be apex, or any other technology solution that might work.

Here is my situation.

1. We need to generate an editable email from a template or base logic.  It needs to be a simple point and click function in SFDC.

2.  It must be an HTML email and we will need to create an HTML table from SFDC data.   This is the piece that needs to be template / logic based.

3. Users need to be able to edit the email before sending, but after the HTML is generated.

I'm not looking only at SFDC template solutions.  I am open to generating the HTML and storing it in a text field, mail merge, etc...  

Does anyone have any ideas of what might work?   Right now we have a bunch of options, but none of which provide a complete solution.    I'm hoping someone here has some fancy idea we can run with.

Question for those who might have run across this.

I am using the XmLParser class to parse my XML into JSON.

(Class shown here: https://sfcure.com/2019/03/31/xmlparse-in-apex-converting-xml-into-json-or-deserializing-xml/ )
The json is coming out clean, I've verified it.

I then take that JSON and use the JSON2Apex class to deserialize it.  I've looked at the class structure of the JSON2Apex class and it looks good.

However for some reason 1 of the elements is coming back null.  The XML and generated JSON both have an element array of size 3.  The JSON2Apex parsing seems to be producing 5 of those elements,  but only 2 of which are actually populated. The rest have null elements.

Has anyone experienced this?  

I'm hesitant to post the code b/c it would  be a lot.  However I will add the code later if nobody has seen this bofre.

I'm working with list of lists and there is a syntax I'm seeing that I'm not familiar with.  Can someone clarify what this is doing?

List<List<sObject>> myListOfLists = New List<List<sObject>>();
myListOfLists = [SOME SOSL QUERY];

List<myObject> oneList = New List<myObject>();

oneList = ((List<myObject>)myListOfLists[0]);
The section in bold is what I don't understand is happening?  Can someone explain?   It almost looks like it's casting the first list as my new list type but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the help.

Hello, hopefully some of you have some experience with this.  We are currently deploying the Duplicate Management and when the rules are deployed in "Alert" mode (not blocking), the VF page still shows an error and whether or not the record is inserted seems a bit random.  (We've not researched that part yet).

My question is this... does anyone know if it's possible to differentiate a Duplicate Management Alert from an Error via APEX?   If we could know what it is, we could code accordingly.

Thanks
Hello All, I come from a SQL data background and I'm trying to build a very simple aggregate query joining to related objects.  No matter what I do, I get an error. Is there any way to build this simple query?  This is not to be implemented within APEX code, so doing it in pieces or using variables isn't an option.  I need a direct query as this is for use in organizing and improving some of our internal data collection and integration tools.

Here are the details:
Parent Object: Trunk_Group__c
Child Related Object: Trunk_Telephone_Lines__c

Here are the attempts I have made to no avail (I've tried other variations as well but no go):

SELECT Lead_TN__c, (Select Count(Id) From Trunk_Telephone_Lines__r ) FROM Trunk_Group__c Where Related_Trunk_Service_Request__c = 'big_long_sfdc_id' Group By Lead_TN__c

SELECT Trunk_Group__r.Lead_TN__c, Count(Id) FROM Trunk_Telephone_Lines__c Where  Trunk_Group__r.Related_Trunk_Service_Request__c  = 'big_long_sfdc_id'
Group By Trunk_Group__r.Lead_TN__c
I'm working with list of lists and there is a syntax I'm seeing that I'm not familiar with.  Can someone clarify what this is doing?

List<List<sObject>> myListOfLists = New List<List<sObject>>();
myListOfLists = [SOME SOSL QUERY];

List<myObject> oneList = New List<myObject>();

oneList = ((List<myObject>)myListOfLists[0]);
The section in bold is what I don't understand is happening?  Can someone explain?   It almost looks like it's casting the first list as my new list type but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the help.

Hello, hopefully some of you have some experience with this.  We are currently deploying the Duplicate Management and when the rules are deployed in "Alert" mode (not blocking), the VF page still shows an error and whether or not the record is inserted seems a bit random.  (We've not researched that part yet).

My question is this... does anyone know if it's possible to differentiate a Duplicate Management Alert from an Error via APEX?   If we could know what it is, we could code accordingly.

Thanks
Hello All, I come from a SQL data background and I'm trying to build a very simple aggregate query joining to related objects.  No matter what I do, I get an error. Is there any way to build this simple query?  This is not to be implemented within APEX code, so doing it in pieces or using variables isn't an option.  I need a direct query as this is for use in organizing and improving some of our internal data collection and integration tools.

Here are the details:
Parent Object: Trunk_Group__c
Child Related Object: Trunk_Telephone_Lines__c

Here are the attempts I have made to no avail (I've tried other variations as well but no go):

SELECT Lead_TN__c, (Select Count(Id) From Trunk_Telephone_Lines__r ) FROM Trunk_Group__c Where Related_Trunk_Service_Request__c = 'big_long_sfdc_id' Group By Lead_TN__c

SELECT Trunk_Group__r.Lead_TN__c, Count(Id) FROM Trunk_Telephone_Lines__c Where  Trunk_Group__r.Related_Trunk_Service_Request__c  = 'big_long_sfdc_id'
Group By Trunk_Group__r.Lead_TN__c